IGNORED

TIPI Usage and Support

jedimatt42

Seems like I recall someone posted a 3D printed case for their TIPI that may have included the PI inside the case with the sidecar 32K and TIPI? Did I remember correctly? If so, was someone offering this case?

Trying to find a case that has everything in one tidy package without exposed wiring other than power line feed.

Beery

Seems like I recall someone posted a 3D printed case for their TIPI that may have included the PI inside the case with the sidecar 32K and TIPI? Did I remember correctly? If so, was someone offering this case?

AFAIK, there are two POSSIBLE, future cases, nothing YET completed.

The first was referenced in my blog entry << HERE >> the second mentioned in passing by a message from AA user broettger in a message

<< HERE >>.

• Like 1

AFAIK, there are two POSSIBLE, future cases, nothing YET completed.

The first was referenced in my blog entry << HERE >> the second mentioned in passing by a message from AA user broettger in a message

<< HERE >>.

Your blog entry is what I recalled. The second I remembered seeing after reading the link again. Not looking for something that would include the sidecard speech as speech is already built in to the 99/5C.

Beery

• 2 weeks later...

Got my TIPI today. Whoever added the new ribbon cable with 40 pin connector to the PI on one end and then a keyed connector to the TIPI get my thanks! It will now be very easy to connect the PI!

I need to go to the hardware store to see if I can find some nylon washers to mount the PI.

• Like 1

Got my TIPI today. Whoever added the new ribbon cable with 40 pin connector to the PI on one end and then a keyed connector to the TIPI get my thanks! It will now be very easy to connect the PI!

I need to go to the hardware store to see if I can find some nylon washers to mount the PI.

that would be me.. I ran out of the other kind. I'm finding some reliability issues with the length of the cable though. I may need to swap you out for a shorter one. Will let you know, make sure you plug it in with the ribbon near port 49

Greg

that would be me.. I ran out of the other kind. I'm finding some reliability issues with the length of the cable though. I may need to swap you out for a shorter one. Will let you know, make sure you plug it in with the ribbon near port 49

Greg

Greg,

Here is how it's connected. Should I wait to hear from you before installing in the PEB?

post-32513-0-87947400-1544818559_thumb.jpg

Do I need to remove the jumper to get CRUBASE >1000?

Thanks

• Like 1

Greg,

Here is how it's connected. Should I wait to hear from you before installing in the PEB?

attachicon.gifIMG_3613.jpg

Do I need to remove the jumper to get CRUBASE >1000?

Thanks

No that's the default. The jumper is on 2 grounds.. perfect install of said cable

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Thanks now I need to get the screws and nylon washers :)

The long cables work mostly but i am getting errors sometimes with chatti now and then causing it to time out and hang up during refresh. For everything else it seems ok. Up to you if you want to install the longer one. I will send you a shorter one and you can mail the other back when you get it.

Greg

The long cables work mostly but i am getting errors sometimes with chatti now and then causing it to time out and hang up during refresh. For everything else it seems ok. Up to you if you want to install the longer one. I will send you a shorter one and you can mail the other back when you get it.

Greg

OK once I get the shorter cable I will send the long cable back.

The LED on the TIPI goes toward the from of the PEB correct?

• Like 1

I am looking at the TIPI image on my SD card, I don't see any TIPI or TI directories. Where do I copy the 4A DOS files?

From the PC? Boot up the pi with the disk image.

on another computer open \\tipi\ in a file browser, that will open the file share OR open http://tipi:9900in a browser

I've wondered what would happen if I had both my TIPI's running at the same time and tried to connect with that method instead of the IP address.

If you have two it will pick the first one that got an address from your router ymmv i changed the hostname on the peb one to tipipeb to allow me to address it without the conflict.

Type the following command to edit/etc/hostname using nano or vi text editor: sudo nano /etc/hostname. Delete the old name and setup new name.

Next Edit the /etc/hosts file: sudo nano /etc/hosts. ...

Reboot the system to changes take effect: sudo reboot.

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to get TERM 80 to work. I have downloaded the file from ftp://whtech.com/communications/term80.dsk. I copied the file to the TIPI DSK1 folder. I notice that it will not self extract like other .DSK files. I extract it using Ti99Dir V.6.4a. It creates a PC99 sub directory. In looking at the TI filenames in the subdirectory, I see alot of files using the "/" character. e.g. XBLOAD/O. The files are in v9t9 format. When I convert them using Ti99Dir, (I am guessing that since the PC cannot use a "/" in a filename) it changes the TI filenames removing the "/" and any character that follows it. I am unable to rename the file using Ti99Dir.

What program should I use on the TI99 to rename the file that is TIPI compatible? I have a FG99 and a XB 2.7 Suite cartridge. Is there a better process that I should be using?

I do not have an issue unless the TI filename contains a "/".

Thank you in advance.

I am trying to get TERM 80 to work. I have downloaded the file from ftp://whtech.com/communications/term80.dsk. I copied the file to the TIPI DSK1 folder. I notice that it will not self extract like other .DSK files. I extract it using Ti99Dir V.6.4a. It creates a PC99 sub directory. In looking at the TI filenames in the subdirectory, I see alot of files using the "/" character. e.g. XBLOAD/O. The files are in v9t9 format. When I convert them using Ti99Dir, (I am guessing that since the PC cannot use a "/" in a filename) it changes the TI filenames removing the "/" and any character that follows it. I am unable to rename the file using Ti99Dir.

What program should I use on the TI99 to rename the file that is TIPI compatible? I have a FG99 and a XB 2.7 Suite cartridge. Is there a better process that I should be using?

I do not have an issue unless the TI filename contains a "/".

Thank you in advance.

the reason you can't do it from DSK on the TIPI is it contains folders.. Probably a limitation of the disk unpack tool..

TIDIR has some issues, one it defaults to v9t9 format, you can convert the files to TIFILES by selecting them all in tidir and selecting tools, convert to tifiles.. or use the web interface of TIPI to do it..

you can rename those files on the ti side in DM2K use DSK4 for the TIPI address to be able to rename in DM2K.. they are obvious and have 2 wrong chars instead of the / just rename those to / and you should be going the fact is / is an invalid char on the pc.. so tidir renames them to something else.. and TIPI does it an entirely different way.. it names them _ instead of / i believe

• Like 1

the reason you can't do it from DSK on the TIPI is it contains folders.. Probably a limitation of the disk unpack tool..

TIDIR has some issues, one it defaults to v9t9 format, you can convert the files to TIFILES by selecting them all in tidir and selecting tools, convert to tifiles.. or use the web interface of TIPI to do it..

you can rename those files on the ti side in DM2K use DSK4 for the TIPI address to be able to rename in DM2K.. they are obvious and have 2 wrong chars instead of the / just rename those to / and you should be going the fact is / is an invalid char on the pc.. so tidir renames them to something else.. and TIPI does it an entirely different way.. it names them _ instead of / i believe

Not quite correct:

TIPI wants the character '/' or '\' in a TI filename to be a '.' on the linux file system. It will then make that visible to the 4A as a '/' you lose '\' sorry...

_ is just a characters, nothing special... not used in substitutions...

https://github.com/jedimatt42/tipi/wiki/File-name-rules

The name used by the TI is the name of the file on the linux machine... with just the translations described in the wiki... you can mount the TIPI share on the computer you use to access Atariage, and rename them:

D_SUPER should be still D_SUPER

L_MACRO/A should be L_MACRO.A from a pc...

T

You should also be able to use DM2K to rename the files from the 4A itself...

---

Looking at term80.dsk from www.whtech.com/ftp/communications/ something must be wrong with my code to covert it first to a sector dump file from the current track dump that it is... TiImageTool converts it fine, and then uploading it via the TIPI web ui extracts fine... here is the converted DSK image:

TERM80-SDUMP.DSK

-M@

• Like 5