jedimatt42

TIPI Usage and Support

On 2/27/2021 at 2:56 PM, arcadeshopper said:

You can erase the one in there and reprogram.. 27c256

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Did that and it worked fine. Thanks.

• Like 1

I no longer own a Geneve, so I cannot provide Geneve specific support for TIPI or TIPI software going forward. Problems should be reproduced on a TI-99/4A before I will comment or assist. You all, the Geneve community members, are of course free to support the Geneve with more verve than I.

• Like 1

TIPI Update 2.23 - Fix PI-4 support

Updates libraries and dependencies. Slow update ( lots of 3rd party upgrades ) - feels like it took more than 30 minutes to apply.

Primary purpose is to update the RPi.GPIO python library to recognize PI 4 models. Otherwise, tipiwatchdog.service crashes. This is the service responsible for resetting tipi.service whenever console powerup routines are called.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jedimatt42 said:

TIPI Update 2.23 - Fix PI-4 support

Updates libraries and dependencies. Slow update ( lots of 3rd party upgrades ) - feels like it took more than 30 minutes to apply.

Primary purpose is to update the RPi.GPIO python library to recognize PI 4 models. Otherwise, tipiwatchdog.service crashes. This is the service responsible for resetting tipi.service whenever console powerup routines are called.

thanks Matt!

Random power outage in the middle of trying to update 🌩️💩. So when power got back on, TI froze upon selecting TI XB from finalgrom99 and would not let me in. Went in to TI basic, tried Call TIPI, did not work.

Shut down TI, plugged in my keyboard and monitor to Pi, logged in, ran ~/tipi/setup.sh ... Said it needed to finish getting a few mb of files, let it go and do its thing... Came back to check a few minutes later, it was asking me what to do about some pre-existing write-protected file (Python crypto something-or-other) it wanted to overwrite; I answered "Y", (which i think should answer 'yes' to any following prompts too?). It finally finished, shut everything down, now CALL TIPI is showing 2.23, just hope i have not borked anything. Loaded some XB games over TIPI, all looks good, proper memory SIZE results etc.

Edited by jrhodes
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, jrhodes said:

Random power outage in the middle of trying to update 🌩️💩. So when power got back on, TI froze upon selecting TI XB from finalgrom99 and would not let me in. Went in to TI basic, tried Call TIPI, did not work.

Shut down TI, plugged in my keyboard and monitor to Pi, logged in, ran ~/tipi/setup.sh ... Said it needed to finish getting a few mb of files, let it go and do its thing... Came back to check a few minutes later, it was asking me what to do about some pre-existing write-protected file (Python crypto something-or-other) it wanted to overwrite; I answered "Y", (which i think should answer 'yes' to any following prompts too?). It finally finished, shut everything down, now CALL TIPI is showing 2.23, just hope i have not borked anything. Loaded some XB games over TIPI, all looks good, proper memory SIZE results etc.

https://github.com/jedimatt42/tipi/wiki/Troubleshooting

• Like 1

Three of my 4 PI's are updated to 2.23 with the quickest one taking about 34 minutes.  The last one is over 2.5 hours.  Going to leave it running overnight, then may need to troubleshoot if it is stuck and follow the troubleshooting guide above.

• Like 1