jedimatt42

TIPI Usage and Support

1 hour ago, Fonzie said:

Success! I finally got TIPI back to running the way it used to for me. PDF’s are no longer blank; I can actually read them

So, what you described as 'the way it used to' including the detail that the web-ui has never worked merits diagnosis in case there is a problem that other users may also run into.

It is on 'http' so if you have a browser plugin forcing https that could be a problem. It is port 9900. And for a lot of home routers, local DNS is 'weird', so if you use the ip address reported by TIPICFG (CALL TIPI command from BASIC) then that might work... If not, I would like to get a peek at the /var/log/daemon.log on the PI.

• Like 1

I'd add Atariage makes it crazy simple to upload screenshots and sometimes a screenshot is worth a 100 words.

Today was the first time I did access the web-ui. I did notice that you can shut down the rpi from there. Had I connected here before it might have saved me from all of the re-installation fiasco. You see previously I always went to basic called tipi and pressed H to halt the rpi. But the console screwed up and I wasn't able to get basic going again to properly shut down the rpi. So, I just unplugged it without halting it first. Anyway, the next time I booted I had trouble getting tipi to run and when I did get it running the blank PDFs showed up. I thought I had compromised the sd, and well you know the rest.

Anyway, I opened the tipi log and copied it to a Word file. It is 7 pages long did you want me to try to attach it here in this forum? It's all Greek to me.

There will be no point now if it is all working. The log directory is a ramdisk, so it won't have anything from before last boot. 

But, thanks for following up!