IGNORED

Billy Mitchell is Banned

Same reason some people cheat at Call of Duty, they personally like Trolling people.

Not like Billy Mitchell Cheated with any real technical means like altering the roms in the PCB, he just plug in a Mame Plug and Play, and lied about it ....

Real Crime is that the crowd must of been tone death or lying with him, to listen to a early Mame Rom of Donkey Kong

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lying is a skill like any other. And if you want to maintain a level of excellence, you have to practice constantly."

- Garak, to Worf (DS9: "In Purgatory's Shadow")

• Like 1

My thoughts on this: the DK scores were used with MAME. That there's a conspiracy against Billy is...Alex Jones territory. He cheated. There's a reason we didn't see him play much DK in King of Kong. Anyways.

Bigger picture: CRTs, old original hardware...how long are people going to give a damn about scores they can't even compete for? I know, you can put up scores with MAME but you know what I mean.

My answer to all classic competitive gaming (other than...MAN VS SNAKE... :D ) is to do like the Olympics. Live. In front of crowds...just like Billy himself said in KoK. That would be awesome, IMO. Because really, video taping this stuff...just a long tedious process anyway, fraught with fakery by people who obviously have no qualms about doing so.

Video Olympics for the big, classic games. Other than that, I got nuttin'.

When Rogers was booted I thought it was a good time to get into playing the TG game, as there are a few games I can play at a near world record level. Now I'm wondering if there is ever going to be any point. Who didn't think it would be awesome to have a world record as a kid? I know I have always thought it would be pretty cool. TG has damaged itself beyond anything that looks like trust to me at this point. Now that TG has had to send notice to GWR twice in a few months I'm thinking GWR will probably start agreeing with me soon.

TLDR: I'm all for killing the entire score board and starting over, else I can see no way to trust anything on it. Very unfair to people that actually earned their record, but I just can't see another way to regain lost trust.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

After all these years of seeing him play games and getting the center spotlight as a great competitor is now down the drain. Why did you do this Billy?

Anthony...

I don't think he ever DIDN'T cheat. I think it was one of those things where once it starts you can't just back out of the lie. It compounds and compounds, and he had person after person in on it and it got too big to bow out of. Maybe he wanted out... but knowing his personality, probably not.

• Like 1

Who cares, gaming is about having fun and not awards....

Billy Mitchell was just the troll for the people that believe the opposite.

The real problem stems from taking advantage of rewards that aren't earned. The guy benefited financially from his grift. This could go for anything. How would you feel if someone at your job gained an unfair advantage at a position or opportunities you were working towards through lies or other means of deceit? You miss out. How would you then feel if others said "who cares, it's not like that job saves lives or anything"? It would still be important to you, despite the indifference of others, right?

You may consider playing games to be solely for fun, but there's folks out there making a living at it. Surely, somebody else who actually put in the time practicing for hours on end getting real scores could have received some of the benefits Billy didn't deserve. Even if it was something small like a request to be featured at a gaming expo.

• Like 5

But...didn't he do the perfect Pac Man live? If so, or if the video he used showed that he used an actual cabinet, then why remove that score? This isn't the Olympics. And TG is pretty clear, they're not calling him a cheater, they're saying his scores were illegal (due to use of an emulator, most likely MAME). He obviously has skills, no question. Or had.

I actually commend TG for doing this, with Todd and Mitchell. Cheaters, gone. I assume Day has nothing to do with TG now? For all intents and purposes, they are still the only known group that a) keeps these records and b) is still an obscure niche. Still, the truth is important and I commend them for making these moves. And there are tons of better players out there now anyway.

Yer this is a shame, brings all records into question, I guess the pressure gets to people and the feel they have to, just to give them that little edge... Like Athletics, Cycling and everything else, spoiled by cheating... Time for my idea of the Fat Olyimpics, where people of a weight do the events, so the 20stone+ 100 meters... I would watch it... anyway, gone off point...

I feel sad that this happened.

But...didn't he do the perfect Pac Man live? If so, or if the video he used showed that he used an actual cabinet, then why remove that score? This isn't the Olympics. And TG is pretty clear, they're not calling him a cheater, they're saying his scores were illegal (due to use of an emulator, most likely MAME). He obviously has skills, no question. Or had.

I don't know for sure, but I feel like he did the Pac Man game live at least once. The problem is, when you catch the player doping you don't just take one record, you have to assume a cheater is cheating every chance he gets.

He mentions in KoK that he hadn't played DK in a long time, and I can see that being true. No one had challenged his old score so he didn't keep playing. When someone beat that score he might not have had the skills polished and ready to go. The issue is, instead of polishing up, or being happy for the next guy, "The Gamer of the Century" had to have what he wanted and cheated to get it. I can't say that I trust the people that were at that Life magazine thing that started all this to be honest about him scoring that first score, maybe he never had that record either. He could be another Todd Rogers....

When first I saw him in KoK he somehow looked like a snake in the grass, as grandma would say. Something about him seemed greasy and just wrong. I know a lot of people that said things like that after seeing the KoK for the first time. Even his parents seemed to suggest this in their small interview in the movie. Maybe we all knew by some intuition that he wasn't an honest person then.

• Like 1