IGNORED

PRGE 2018: Portland Retro Gaming Expo

Lathe26

There is a place downtown across the river called Spartacus that may interest you

If you're talking about the Spartacus I think you're talking about, I think I'm gonna stay in that night. :P

Yeah, let's try something new.

Oh, bless your heart. Edited by colormesticky
  • Like 3

I will set dinner reservations again this year. Do we want the same places or is there some place new to try?

Suggestions from a local:

Ringside Steakhouse

Henry's 12th Street Tavern

Huber's

Breakside Brewery

Cadillac Cafe

Montage

Lucky Lab

the food carts at SE 12th & Hawthorne

the food carts at SW 10th & Washington

• Like 2

FYI, wife and I am staying at the McMenamins Crystal Hotel across the street from the Spartacus (good food and a soaking pool).

You may want to recheck the name. This is what I can see on Google Maps and Yelp:

This appears to be the Spartacus across from the Crystal Hotel, and it doesn't look like the serve food there.

Or do you mean Scandals? That place is also across from Crystal Hotel, and while Rev and Cmart may feel at home there, there may be others in the group that may not be so ready to party there.

I can see why Colormesticky isn't looking forward to going out with us if these are the places we are going to frequent :-o

Suggestions from a local:

Ringside Steakhouse

Henry's 12th Street Tavern

Huber's

Breakside Brewery

Cadillac Cafe

Montage

Lucky Lab

the food carts at SE 12th & Hawthorne

the food carts at SW 10th & Washington

I think most of the group (~20 people) will be staying near the convention center and wanting to walk, so something near that area is always welcome. Last year it was a bit windy and rainy.

• Like 1

This appears to be the Spartacus across from the Crystal Hotel, and it doesn't look like the serve food there.

Let's just say you don't wanna eat that meat.

I... have a Spartacus story and I'm sharing it publicly and don't you judge me! I went in there once, years ago, to get an inflatable sheep (aka a "Love Ewe") as a gag gift for a friend. They were OUT OF INFLATABLE SHEEP. WTF PORTLAND WHY. I ended up getting him a button that said "Women want me, sheep fear me" instead.

So. Who wants to play some video games???

• Like 4

I will set dinner reservations again this year. Do we want the same places or is there some place new to try?

So last year we did Red Robin Thursday, and then Steak place, Prime Rib and Cake and Italian place the other three nights right? Which of these do we want to keep or dump?

I think wherever we go must be near-ish the convention since most will be walking. I would love to try a different steakhouse one night. The Italian place I think worked for us didn't it?

So last year we did Red Robin Thursday, and then Steak place, Prime Rib and Cake and Italian place the other three nights right? Which of these do we want to keep or dump?

I think whenever we go must be near-ish the convention since most will be walking. I would love to try a different steakhouse one night. The Italian place I think worked for us didn't it?

I’m going to Denny’s all 3 nights.

• Like 1

OK so Here is the list so far.

Red Robin - Thursday

Stanford's Restaurant - Friday - Up for change cause cmart had terrible steak there last year.

Prime Rib and Chocolate Cake - Saturday

Italian place - Sunday No Reservations, walk in only.

I all for the places we went last year. I am also open for change, it just needs to be within walking distance of the Convention Center.

I will do some research over the next couple of days and suggestions are welcome.

OK so Here is the list so far.

Red Robin - Thursday

Stanford's Restaurant - Friday - Up for change cause cmart had terrible steak there last year.

Prime Rib and Chocolate Cake - Saturday

Italian place - Sunday No Reservations, walk in only.

I all for the places we went last year. I am also open for change, it just needs to be within walking distance of the Convention Center.

I will do some research over the next couple of days and suggestions are welcome.

Haha! Yes it really was awful. ???

Not many choices around the area, but I did find

Toro Bravo:

Menu: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p9J4j2gtQFxYLalIoIbdduBU7xtG3vQe/view

If I get a few approvals we can change to this.

Which one did you want to drop? Jokes aside, I am fine with Stanfords if the group wants that. I enjoyed my meal there the first time ???