IGNORED

Thanks and Cheers to A8 coders & creators

Fingolfin

Thank you to the many talented and generous folks who make, share or sell sell their works with Atari 8 bit enthusiasts!

Thank you very much for your hard work, time spent and for sharing your work with us! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You guys are awesome! :jango:

Thank you (in alphabetical order with full names listed by first name; where possible listed using AtariAge user name):

+Adam+

1NG

8bit-Dude

8Bitjunkie

ajw

Andreatari
analmux
Analog Research
APC
apemaster
Apocalypse Riders
Armin Sturmer - AMC Verlag
Atarigeezer
atariksi
baktra
billkendrick
Bit Busters
Bob Puff - CSS
Bob THe Bug
bocianu
Bryan
candle
Compy-Shop
Creature XL
darryl1970
DearHorse
dely
Detail - TACF
drac030
dsmc
Electrotrains
emkay
Erhard Puetz - Atreju
erichenneke (Eric Henneke)
_Fandal_

Flashjazzcat

foft

Fox
Fragmare
Freddy "Frankenstein" Offenga - High Tech Team/Megazine
Freetz (Frederik Holst)
gorgh
Grevle
GMG
Gury
guus.assmann
HardCore
Heaven/TQA
HiassofT
Homesoft
Ilminet

Irgendwer

ivop
jacobus
JAC (Peter Dell)
Janusz Chabowski
Jiri Bernasek - BeWe Soft
José Pereira
joyfulcoder

Kaz

kenfused (Ken Siders)
kiwilove
Kr0tki
Krzystof Ziembik
larek
Lotharek

MaPa

mariuszw
Marcin
matosimi
MEC - Masters of Electric City
miker (Michal Szpilowski)

mgr_inz_rafal

mr-atari

MrFish

mrparp
mytek
Norbert Kehrer
nosty
NRV
ol.sc
Paul Lee
pajero
Pasiu (Michał Pasiecznik)
pavros
Pengwin
PeteD
peteym5
Phaeron
Philsan
playermissile
playsoft (Paul Lay)
Poison
Polynomials
Popmilo
pps
pseudografx (PG)
Quasimodos
RAF (ABBUC)
raster
R0ger
Rob Schlortt
Rybags
Sandor
santosp
Shadows

Shanti77

Sheddy
Sikor (Pawel Sikorski)
Simius
simonln
slampam
Slight
Slor
slx
snicklin
solo/ng
Steven Tucker
Synthapalooza
Tebe
tep392
Tezz

tf_hh (Jurgen van Radecke)

therealbountybob

Tight

Tom Hunt - Closer to Home

TMR
twh
Virus
vitoco
wanax
Wilmunder
Wrathchild
Xuel
xxl

This list is just the start: I am sure I have missed more than a few!

I know there are differences in contributions and products made by the folks listed here: in my opinion they all deserve a great thank you and a beer! :grin:

Please feel free to add to the list of current/recent A8 coders and creators and let's express thanks for them all!

All current/recent A8 coders and creators of software and hardware are to be acknowledged and thanked here. :thumbsup:

Current/recent and contemporary coders and creators meaning going back the last 10 years (or so); this is subjective but 10 years or so seems fair, reasonable and proper for the spirit of the thread (I hope!).
If at all possible, absolutely anyone and everyone who is still creating new stuff for the A8 should be acknowledged and thanked.

Please keep this thread positive: it should only serve as testament of appreciation for the hard work and efforts of those who continue to make great software and hardware for the A8!

Best Regards

Fingolfin

Edited by Fingolfin
  • Like 15

As programmers and musicians I would add those AtariAge users:

8bit-Dude
8Bitjunkie
ajw
Andreatari
apemaster
Atari Geezer
atariksi
billkendrick
Bob THe Bug
DearHorse
dely
dsmc
Fox

Fragmare
gorgh
Grevle
ivop
jacobus
JAC!
kenfused

Makary
MaPa
matosimi
mr-atari
mrparp
NRV
ol.sc
pavros
Pengwin
PeteD
PG
playermissile
pps
pseudografx
Sandor
simonln
Slor
slx
solo/ng

staxX28
tep392
therealbountybob
vitoco
wanax
Wrathchild
Xuel

• Like 3

Thank you to gozar, manterola, Tezz and Philsan for the additions: don't want to leave anyone out!

All A8 coders and creators, sincerest thank you and hearty cheers to you all (updated* A8 coders and creators added here):
8bit-Dude
8Bitjunkie
ajw
Andreatari
apemaster
Atari Geezer
atariksi
billkendrick
Bryan
Bob THe Bug
DearHorse
dely
dsmc
Electrotrains
Flashjazzcat
Fox
gorgh
Grevle
ivop
jacobus
JAC!
kenfused
kiwilove
MaPa
mariuszw
Marcin
matosimi
mr-atari
mrparp
NRV
ol.sc
pavros
Pengwin
PeteD
PG
Phaeron
playermissile
Popmilo
pps
pseudografx
Sandor
Shanti77
simonln
Slor
slx
solo/ng
Tebe
tep392
therealbountybob
vitoco
wanax
Wrathchild
Xuel
We'll keep adding as we go!
Let's show our appreciation for all the great A8 coders and creators!
Thank you all very much for making and sharing your A8 works with other Atari 8 bit enthusiasts! ;)
It is really, really appreciated! :thumbsup:
Best Regards
Fingolfin
* Once I am able I want to have all A8 coders and creators included in one list alphabetically on the first post in big print! ;)
Edited by Fingolfin
  • Like 2

thanks Fingolfin :thumbsup: and others :thumbsup:

people might not think of it but the little bits of feedback given here and there make a big difference to keeping people motivated. I've been working on my abbuc game (Ski-it) on and off since last year's contest and you can get to the point where you get fed up with your own game or have spent days (weeks) on a particular problem. Some days I dig out one of my abbuc mugs for a nice cup of tea to remind me to put in another shift :)

• Like 4

Completely updated (for now) above in first post.

Trying to keep/maintain alphabetical order. :-o

Please add more names as appropriate and let's continue to thank our A8 coders and creators in big bold typeface! :)

Thank you to all who read this post and thank you in advance to all who consider contributing to this post. :thumbsup:

Best Regards

Fingolfin

It's truly great to have so many dedicated people in this strange hobby of ours. While my own contribution is but a little patch I fully second trbb in that all feedback received on the way helps in keeping the momentum. Thanks to y'all!

• Like 3

Thank you foft, I'll add these coders and creators names now! :thumbsup:

And thank you slx! :thumbsup:

All A8 coders and creators need to be recognized and thanked! :grin:

It isn't too hard to tell who contributes what and how much -- some folks have more time, some folks are more prolific, point is lots and lots of individuals contribute to the great A8 scene we all benefit from; what and how much isn't important here in this particular post.

We say thank you to all A8 coders and creators and that we appreciate all the hours of dedication and hard work from all who develop and work on projects for A8. :thumbsup:

THANK YOU!

Thanks for coding, creating and sharing in whatever way you see fit! :)

We appreciate it very much! You're the coolest! :cool:

Is the list for software people only or for hardware guys too?

In that case I would have more people to add.

I think there are already a couple of hardware guys in the main listing; yes, let's include all coders and creators!

Thank you Philsan for adding more names who deserve credit and our collective thanks! Keep 'em coming!

I'll keep up -- might take a while to get all in the right place alpha-numerically though! :lol:

Edited by Fingolfin
  • Like 2

Updated to include folks mentioned by rdea6; thank you very much for mentioning and recognizing them, rdea6!

I would like to add the guys who made Bosconian as well; intended to recognize them as well from the start but have only full names.

Although I'm trying to stick with user names/screen names, I've included a few full names in parenthesis as they were listed or identified by others here with either user name, real name or both.

Thank you very much to Janusz Chabowski, Michal Szpilowski and Krzystof Ziembik for making and sharing Bosconian 8 bit! :jango:

If anyone knows their user names/screen names (if they're members here), please post them! Thanks in advance!

I'm not trying to be exclusive in any way...although being a limited mortal human being in my late 40's with lots of idiosyncratic preferences, I am apt to be subjective. ;)

You all know I'm still new here too (though I am glad to no longer be a Space Invader :P ), so please keep adding names of A8 coders and creators who should be thanked and recognized here!

Edited by Fingolfin
  • Like 1

The list looks good, can't add to it but I can still thank each and every one of them for their time, hard work, money and motivation, you keep the machine alive and exceeding standards never thought possible...Huge thanks...

I'd also like to include as a side note the membership of AA on these forums, you guys give idea's, memories, friendly chat and a camaraderie where every one seems a friend looking after the other friends..Same with the Atari Sector folks, sometimes just the chat hits the happy spot and that is as important to me. And a personal thank you to all for the listening and help with my daughter, its been a wonderful kindness..

Paul..

• Like 3

Just to clarify that kiwilove is not me - that is Harvey who does the graphics on the games we've done together.

Another user to add is darryl1970 who did the graphics on the hacks of Popeye, Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr.

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by playsoft
  • Like 3

me on the list? :D I just do "useless" demos so would appreciate more the guys who do "productive" software and games. :D oh... ok.... I did some VIC-ports... me getting old and forgot Metagallactic Llamas. Had recently a play.... wonderful game :D

Edited by Heaven/TQA
  • Like 4

MEC - Masters of Electric City

Tom Hunt - Closer to Home

GMG

Quasimodos

Detail - TACF

Erhard Puetz - Atreju

Markus Romer - Kaiser Soft/Top Magazin

APC

Armin Sturmer - AMC Verlag

Virus