IGNORED

Did you own Quest for Quintana Roo in 1984?

Random Terrain

What is the earliest that you or anyone you know had a copy of Quest for Quintana Roo for the Atari 2600? The ad on the atarimania page doesn't seem to mention the Atari 2600. And Computer Entertainer only lists versions for computers, ColecoVision, and the Atari 5200. Speaking of the Atari 5200, the version for that system was reviewed in the January 1985 issue of Computer Entertainer, but there wasn't a peep about the Atari 2600 version. If a version for the Atari 2600 existed in 1984, you'd think they would have mentioned it at the end of the review. All they did was mention the ColecoVision/Adam version.

Thanks.

Quest for Quintana Roo for the Atari 2600 may have only made it out as a Telegames release. I'm not sure on that one, though.

I personally had it for the ColecoVision and enjoyed it a great deal at the time. It was a bit more involved than most other console games of the day.

• Like 1

Quest for Quintana Roo for the Atari 2600 may have only made it out as a Telegames release. I'm not sure on that one, though.

I personally had it for the ColecoVision and enjoyed it a great deal at the time. It was a bit more involved than most other console games of the day.

When Atari bought BMX Air Master, they sold the TNT Games version for months before they got around to making their own red label version. I wonder if something similar happened with Quest for Quintana Roo? Maybe Sunrise had some made, but never sold them, then Telegames got the old unreleased stock when they bought the rights to the game and sold it before selling their own version? Trivia: Glacier Patrol from Telegames was also made by Sunrise.

• Like 1

When Atari bought BMX Air Master, they sold the TNT Games version for months before they got around to making their own red label version. I wonder if something similar happened with Quest for Quintana Roo? Maybe Sunrise had some made, but never sold them, then Telegames got the old unreleased stock when they bought the rights to the game and sold it before selling their own version? Trivia: Glacier Patrol from Telegames was also made by Sunrise.

Interesting about Glacier Patrol. I wonder if that was farther along than Snowplow and was considered good enough by Telegame to release as-is versus Snowplow. And even though Glacier Patrol was released, it too seems a bit too simple for what was coming out at the time, so maybe it too was going to receive more dev time/polish, but who really knows?

• Like 1

If anyone has time to search for old magazine reviews of Quest for Quintana Roo for the Atari 2600, that would be helpful. I haven't found any so far. If none exist, that's another thing to make us think that Sunrise probably never released it (and that the only Quest for Quintana Roo Atari 2600 games with Sunrise on them were sold by Telegames until they could make their own version).