IGNORED

A New Adam Computer follower has joined the ranks

jatari87

I just recently came across a new Coleco Adam computer. But, since space is a dwindling commodity at my house, I was really just getting it to check it out, make sure it worked, and ultimately see if I could resell it someday. Well, as soon as I followed my intuition to allow for a cartridge to be slipped in {no manuals included unfortunately}, I was hooked. I immediately said, "Now I know why people collect these things." That's really all, in case it helps someone out there who is on the fence about collecting this system. I guess I will add as well that these old systems, plastic bags and styrofoam are all very amazing things. The box to this thing looked like it had been consumed by bugs for decades and/or laying in the edge of a pond or puddle for years {even the welcome letter they left in the printer looks to have been nibbled on from time to time}, but inside the contents are new like they day they should have been opened for Christmas {within reason of course}. I'll certainly save the foam. But, unless the Preservers of All Things ADAM speak up quickly, that box is going out with the garbage VERY soon. Also, any useful info, links etc. to get me started on my way to ADAM bliss {or invitations to secret ADAM societies} will be usefully appreciated.

• Like 2

I also acquired some ADAM stuff this weekend, courtesy of a very generous donation from a fellow AtariAge member. :)

I hadn't actually been looking for one--I already have a Colecovision, the ADAM takes up a ton of space with the printer/power supply, I'm more of an Intellivision/Aquarius guy, etc.--but I couldn't pass up the offer, even though the system had known issues, which I hope my meager electronics skills will permit me to resolve. :P There's a lot of stuff that came with it that really piqued my curiosity and may force me to get one that works in the event I can't save this one. There's definitely a lot more going on with the ADAM than just a bulkier way to play Colecovision cartridges.

So I definitely feel you on the "saw the light" moment. :-D Could be a very slippery slope here!

Thanks for all the GREAT info. Came back to earth a little on this already, and likely my 1st logical project will be the substitute power supply. I'd love to acquire one {if anyone knows where one for purchase is}, because I do not imagine disturbing the gentleman who has made them in the past at the present time would be wise & making one from scratch {though it appears very doable & I've already located the power supply online} is going to take me a little while to get around to doing. Plus, a nice one might be nice. I confess this may remain a large Colecovision cart player til I can digest all this good info, but I still will think it's awesome in the meantime.