IGNORED

Lava Lamps & 8-Track Theatre: The Video Game for Atari 7800

GameGirl420

Come on people, Pull up. That goes to all involved. Have minimum standards for releasing anything and putting your names on it, nevermind the fact you're also selling it. Everything about this thing from top to bottom, label to program content, is sub-par and you know it. I'm sure you could all do better in every aspect of this release if you cared to put the effort and time into it.

• Like 1

How can you even judge a game if you haven't even played it yet????

Shawn...I have youon IGNORE becausey you trolled on me before.

Alot of work hasgone into this game SO SHUT YOUR BIG JEALOUS HATER MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and this game is indeed offiicial as it has also been inducted into IMDB!!!!

www.imdb.com/title/tt8253824/

Plus my close friend Howard Scott Warshaw and Nolan Bushnell(who will be back on my program soon) approves my game. Haha so bite me HATER!!!!

People do what you wish. I'm not putting a gun to your heads and forcing you to buy my game.That is up to your own freewill. Just whatever you do don't listen to some Jealous troll chiming in with their prejudiced opinions.As if your opinions reflect everyone else's feelings because it doesn't. You're just very biased towards my work,and that's just sad.

• Like 2

No offense intended Shawn, and I agree that the lettering is too scrunched up on the label, and I don't really understand the gameplay based on the video, but I don't think it's ever a good idea to rip on people for trying something like this, unless they're scammers or something. I'll probably get one just because.

• Like 4

Anybody that judges a book by it's cover without even reading it is a FOOL. Doesn't make you smarter than the next. Just sayin!

I'm proud how this project came out actually personally,and as an avid gamer myself of many years,this game is something I would play,and I'm not saying that just because it is based on me either.

Unless you've designed games or even lifted a pencil to draw something yourself,then make valid criticism.Otherwise

your opinions are rather very moot since you've never even played the damn game.

• Like 1

I assume you're talking to me? Lighten up. You have to admit the cover image you have has no border at all and almost looks like it wraps around a little. I said nothing negative about your game. I haven't played it.

Nah wasn't talking to you,I accept your critique of the label. Not a big deal you point out though!

I am very proud of that drawing actually! It cameout good IMO.

• Like 1

I like it too. It just isn't sized properly.

Hmm I'll have to disagree with you on that. Don't judge it until you see how the label actually looks on the cart. As I've been packaging up

the carts tonight it amazes me how good the art and logo looks like!

You're nitpicking about a very small aspect that's not even noticeable once you actually hold the actual cartridge in your hands.

It looks beautiful,and honestly one of the best labels I've seen on an Atari game.

How many Atari games have you seen with anime styled art? None!!!! Funny how people will nitpick the smallest things just to make

something cool look bad,but whatevs! LOL :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Sold the first batch quick too.

• Like 1

You should upload this to The Cover Project. I don't do Photoshop and am in no way an art person, but I bet someone there would make it look more natural, and may even make a real UGC cover for it. Just a thought. A lot of us like game cases. Most of my games are in them and the original boxes I have are stashed in other, bigger boxes. ?

• 2 months later...

Haha, awesome! Glad to hear they made a game about you. Just snagged me a copy. 8)

I remember downloading some early episodes of your show but they were ruined by amp distortion (recording level set too high?). Anyway congrats. Glad I stumbled upon this...

Actually looking back at my earlier episodes,I know which one you're talking about. That night the station I was on were having technical difficulties and something was fried with their monitor,so that was not my fault. No I rarely prerecord my show also,it is all the way live. It is a radio show firstly,not a podcast.

I am not gonna sell myself short anymore btw!! :cool: :lolblue: Don't judge my show over that. Actually please checkout my latest episode with Joe Bob Briggs and GWAR.

Anyways the game is back up for sale now!! Had a great run selling the last three batches of carts,and feels great to hear people are enjoying the game. The initial sale is over and it is now at the regular retail price of $39.99. There will be a special limited edition boxed version also,and there is a sequel planned but for the NES. I will be designing that one this time.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lava-Lamps-8-Track-Theatre-The-Video-Game-for-the-Atari-7800/173413580591?hash=item2860413f2f:g:QMAAAOSwm3Ba3hoq

• Like 1

You should upload this to The Cover Project. I don't do Photoshop and am in no way an art person, but I bet someone there would make it look more natural, and may even make a real UGC cover for it. Just a thought. A lot of us like game cases. Most of my games are in them and the original boxes I have are stashed in other, bigger boxes.

Again there is nothing wrong with the cover art,so no need to run it by someone else. Actually very proud of that drawing,and personally one of the best 7800 covers I've seen. Funny you also mention Photoshop. I am an artist and tend to use that alot.

Actually looking back at my earlier episodes,I know which one you're talking about. That night the station I was on were having technical difficulties and something was fried with their monitor,so that was not my fault. No I rarely prerecord my show also,it is all the way live. It is a radio show firstly,not a podcast.

I am not gonna sell myself short anymore btw!! :cool: :lolblue: Don't judge my show over that. Actually please checkout my latest episode with Joe Bob Briggs and GWAR.

Anyways the game is back up for sale now!! Had a great run selling the last three batches of carts,and feels great to hear people are enjoying the game. The initial sale is over and it is now at the regular retail price of $39.99. There will be a special limited edition boxed version also,and there is a sequel planned but for the NES. I will be designing that one this time.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lava-Lamps-8-Track-Theatre-The-Video-Game-for-the-Atari-7800/173413580591?hash=item2860413f2f:g:QMAAAOSwm3Ba3hoq

Definitely excited for the nes game. Is it a sequel/prequel to the 7800 port, or it's own unique theme?
  • Like 1

Again there is nothing wrong with the cover art,so no need to run it by someone else. Actually very proud of that drawing,and personally one of the best 7800 covers I've seen. Funny you also mention Photoshop. I am an artist and tend to use that alot.

So a game that isn't much more than a hack of Hollywood Brawler (a title of questionable quality itself) with a very low quality label using images slapped together in a non-prorportioned manor is truely what you consider of the best on the 7800? Please do elaborate on that as I fail to see any truth or logical reasoning in that statement.

Have you considered taking a class on Photoshop? If you are serious about it, and it seems you are in at least what you say, you should know that there are no real artistic talents shown in that example. I seriously thought it was made in MS Paint and in no way had anything to do with Photoshop. Not one bit of anything to do with that label or any of the multiple image portions used on it could be considered even entry level photoshop work of any entry level user\artist. Be that the digitally created or hand drawn parts included on it, There is just no way to look at it and see something of quality. Please do elaborate on that as well as I fail to see any logical reasoning in your statement to that being the work of someone who uses Photoshop on a regular basis.

At $39.99 how is this title of more monetary value than other 7800 Homebrew titles such as Pacman Collection, Beef Drop, Bonq, ect. which sell for $10 less than that at retail and are what is of the true best the 7800 homebrew scene has to offer?

• Like 1

You keep saying there's nothing wrong with it, yet multiple people have echoed how unprofessional it looks, so when will you realize you are in the minority on thinking the cover is a-ok? It's a nice start, but it's amazing to me that you were comfortable with that low-quality box being sold.

• Like 2