IGNORED

Using the Triton TurboXT with the Geneve

OLD CS1

My understanding of the Triton TurboXT is it just allows the TI console to be used as an XT keyboard for a stand-alone XT computer.

That being the case, would it be possible to use a TurboXT side-car for running the Geneve? I have one and it is likely I will not ever use it as I am anchored in the original console and the keyboard and monitor requirements. Of course, I realize the TurboXT is rare as hens teeth.

As I recall, since it didn't require any drivers on the PC/XT side, it should work as a keyboard with an AT (not PS/2) connector.

I still have my Triton Turbo XT sidecar, but not the XT computer itself, and since I don't have anything that uses an AT keyboard connector, I can't prove that.

AT and XT are the same DIN connector. the signaling, however is totally different.. PS/2 is the mini DIN theoretically you are correct. If I ever feel like testing it I will dig out my Triton TurboXT not sure if I have the power supply though..

I still need to finish the Geneve USB keybaord adapter using the same board as the TI994a USB keyboard adapter and it outputs to that same DIN connector..

Greg

• Like 2

I still need to finish the Geneve USB keybaord adapter using the same board as the TI994a USB keyboard adapter and it outputs to that same DIN connector..

Greg

Definitely up for one of those when you get it made and available. My keyboard sucks, and I have taken an air hose to clean it out several times which still is not enough. Bought another keyboard I thought would work, but while the description said AT/XT switchable, the "switchable" was via some autodetect code on the board and not a physical switch. Did not recognize the Geneve........

Definitely up for one of those when you get it made and available. My keyboard sucks, and I have taken an air hose to clean it out several times which still is not enough. Bought another keyboard I thought would work, but while the description said AT/XT switchable, the "switchable" was via some autodetect code on the board and not a physical switch. Did not recognize the Geneve........

While we are off in the weeds, Fred Kaal has a more capable project that is a USB to XT keyboard adapter that understands a bunch of useful macros for the Geneve MDOS and maybe ABASIC...

ti99-geek.nl (look under projects, near the bottom of the page.) I'd include a direct link, but Fred's site tries very hard to make that difficult.

-M@