IGNORED

Baby Pac-Man

PacManPlus

:thumbsup: I like changes to changes of the changes - a SQA Engineer's dream. $1013 for this game. That's my final offer. Deal or No Deal?

I am now booking flights for you to Bora Bora. Three weeks (no leaving early), no laptops, no source lists, no scratching of the head, no planning or thinking is allowed. Just margaritas and chix on the beach. When you return, you can post RC14. You can't stop at #13.

Good night. :sleep:

• Like 1

I'm running it on MAME 0.169 which is the most recent build I have. It does have the flaw, though, that unlike Stella, it doesn't run all 2600 binaries very well if started as A7800. There also seem to be difficulties with binaries of a different ROM size, such as 32K.

What emulator does this run on? I've tried EMU7800 and it doesn't work on that one, and the A7800 emulator doesn't work on my Win7 PC. Just wondering if there is any way to emulate this without real hardware.....

I think something is missing in these calculations, as I shortened it to 44, and it seemed WAY too short to be in the tunnel, almost like it was before. So I met it half-way. Seems to be better.

Thenk you for posting RC13! But what are the differences to the last build posted?

You may have missed the post because it's on the prior page

I'd never heard of this version of Pac-Man, what a great game!

Been playing under emulation today as both my Mateos carts died last year :_(

I'll await the Concerto now I think, whenever that's released into the wild....

Loving all your games, keep up the great work!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

First time testing out via Pi emulation, and noticed something off the bat... nudge left/right is taken up by left/right on the direction pad. Flippers mapped to the buttons. Assuming this is the default? Can it be changed with a difficulty switch setting so that the left flipper is the left direction pad, with the right flipper as the right button. Sure hope so... pretty awkward the other way and feels wrong.

Nudging left/right really isn't a realistic or important dynamic for this particular machine, but I see that was talked about a bit already. I had one for years before giving it to my brother and if anyone would have *tried* shaking it left/right with such force, I would have asked them to stop! :lol:

• Like 1

First time testing out via Pi emulation, and noticed something off the bat... nudge left/right is taken up by left/right on the direction pad. Flippers mapped to the buttons. Assuming this is the default? Can it be changed with a difficulty switch setting so that the left flipper is the left direction pad, with the right flipper as the right button. Sure hope so... pretty awkward the other way and feels wrong.

Nudging left/right really isn't a realistic or important dynamic for this particular machine, but I see that was talked about a bit already. I had one for years before giving it to my brother and if anyone would have *tried* shaking it left/right with such force, I would have asked them to stop! :lol:

Presuming "...the left flipper is the left direction pad, with the right flipper as the right direction pad..." was meant to be stated. ;)

A CX40/Atari 2600 one-button compatible controller connected, instead of a two independent button/default 7800 controller, defaults to the control scheme desired above.

See point 6, under the "Getting Started" section of the manual:

post-18-0-06591100-1549838287.png

Via emulation, this can be managed under the A7800 emulator by selecting "vcs_joystick" under "Controller Selection", and then select "Reset":

post-18-0-95754000-1549839290.png

• Like 3

No, I was originally thinking of all the other video pinball games I've gotten used to throughout the years... left direction pad is left flipper, with right button as right flipper. But... GOOD! So, will play like Midnight Magic with a CX40, that's awesome! It's how it shall be played. ;)

• Like 1

No, I was originally thinking of all the other video pinball games I've gotten used to throughout the years... left direction pad is left flipper, with right button as right flipper. But... GOOD! So, will play like Midnight Magic with a CX40, that's awesome! It's how it shall be played. ;)

This control scheme works well on dpads (example: Nes, Genesis) because the dpad is utilized like a standard button. I can attest this feels VERY awkward when played on any joystick with tilt for left and press button for right, doubly so on "right handed" sticks. When I built my jumbo sized NES arcade controller, I included built in side flippers mapped to Left and A. I always hated the Midnight Magic layout why I'm glad they added discrete buttons for Proline controllers. Now any of my two button sticks will work. :cool:
  • Like 2