IGNORED

Baby Pac-Man

PacManPlus

Sure, I'd be happy to elaborate, just as long as it's taken in the right sprit and not considered a slam. :) I'd say that the actual platforming aspect of the game isn't that fully realized, it's mostly you jump up a little bit here, and then walk straight for a long distance, then you jump over a small gap there, and then repeat, etc. In the YouTube video that I watched, I didn't see any variety or challenge in how the various terrains were laid out. Also, I kept seeing the same enemies over and over again in each stage, and their placement and attack patterns didn't seem all that imaginative or treacherous.

Since I consider Bentley Bear Crystal Quest a masterpiece, I would like to propose a challenge. :)

Don't base your judgment on the YouTube video but play the game via emulator (at least until Level 3 - Round 4) and then let us know what you think about the enemy positioning and attack patterns, challenge, etc... ;)

• Like 3

OK, now it makes more sense. I never actually played one of the games in that series, but they do seem more simplistic than something like SMB so I'm not sure if I'd enjoy them all that much. Cool thread by the way, nice to see what went on before I joined or was active here.

You need to at least play Adventure Island 2 on the NES. The first one is fairly basic.

• Like 1

Since I consider Bentley Bear Crystal Quest a masterpiece, I would like to propose a challenge. :)

Don't base your judgment on the YouTube video but play the game via emulator (at least until Level 3 - Round 4) and then let us know what you think about the enemy positioning and attack patterns, challenge, etc... ;)

I think Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest is absolutely fantastic. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but not everyone likes *insert genre type or specific game here* either. Different strokes for different folks.

The 'secret/hidden' Level 6 gives it a run for its money, but Level 3 edges out as being my favorite of all the levels in the game. Love the light to dark transitioning early on, and the mountain-esque feel and backdrop after coming out of the cavern area is awesome. The overall transition between inside the mountain caverns and outside mountain background areas, among the rounds, is wonderful. There's plenty of enemy variety present as well throughout the rounds.

Level 6 though, provides the best sampling of different round environments.

• Like 3

Thanks, guys.

So... I got my new 3D printer in, third time is the charm, I guess. Creality 3D CR-X dual extruder. I haven't used the dual color yet, but at least I made some shells:

post-1787-0-71241900-1553353593_thumb.jpg

Red, light blue, marble, pink, and pink.

The pink and light blue are for Baby Pac-Man (we really don't know if it is a boy or girl, no?)... I may just make a handful of these (cart only)... not sure yet. I have two sets of carts in the .gcode file, takes 13 hours to print 2 cases.

Looks cool, no?

• Like 27

....The pink and light blue are for Baby Pac-Man (we really don't know if it is a boy or girl, no?)...

Jr. Pac-Man is a boy. I lean towards Baby Pac-Man being a girl. I figure one of each. :)

Don't get me wrong, I would be happy to purchase either a light blue or pink cart...heck, standard black is fine too! :-D

• Like 4

Thanks, guys.

So... I got my new 3D printer in, third time is the charm, I guess. Creality 3D CR-X dual extruder. I haven't used the dual color yet, but at least I made some shells:

attachicon.gif20190323_110103.jpg

Red, light blue, marble, pink, and pink.

The pink and light blue are for Baby Pac-Man (we really don't know if it is a boy or girl, no?)... I may just make a handful of these (cart only)... not sure yet. I have two sets of carts in the .gcode file, takes 13 hours to print 2 cases.

Looks cool, no?

Those look amazing I'd defiantly take a pink one if you were ever to make them available to us underlings

• Like 1

On the question of Baby's gender... quoth the typically obsessed fan wiki:

"Gender

In most of its appearances, Baby Pac-Man is referred to as a boy. However, in Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures, Baby Pac-Man is stated to be a girl in the opening intro. This was likely an error by the English localization team, possibly getting confused by Baby's hairbow. In following games, no gender is explicitly stated. The general consensus overall is that the character is male."

But there's ambiguity, so pick whatever gender floats your boat.

• Like 4

Just found out about this, and while I heard that there was some drama during the development process, this is still one of the most impressive ports I've ever seen. I tip my hat to you, Bob! This is amazing! You should be proud of your talent! I hope whatever happened during the development process has been resolved, and if it hasn't, then I hope that things are patched up soon and that you continue to do great things! I don't even have a 7800, but I may have to get one just for this if you decide to release carts. Once again, awesome work!

Edited by Bubbabyte
  • Like 1