IGNORED

Baby Pac-Man

PacManPlus

I *think* with a little bit of modification to the Bentley Bear Crystal Quest engine, Pac-Land might be possible. Not saying I'm doing it, just saying I believe it's possible without an exorbitant amount of work.

If I had the assembly know-how, I would be on that so fast lol.

...also, as I mentioned in the CCII thread, I am still 'tweaking' the standard cart mold to be 3D printed. I have 'silver' and 'glow-in-the-dark' PLA filament waiting for this to be done. I think if I were to give the .STL file to an injection-molding place, it would work fine, however 3D printing required some additional help - especially with the 'indentation' for the top label, and the cartridge door prongs... those are my two main issues currently. Supports aren't doing the job.

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 9

I am gonna pirate the shit out of this, $15 each, just because you tools didn't agree with Bob, trying to protect his property. Happiest will have many copies for sale soon, none of the profit going to Bob. Be proud.

• Like 5

I am gonna pirate the shit out of this, $15 each, just because you tools didn't agree with Bob, trying to protect his property. Happiest will have many copies for sale soon, none of the profit going to Bob. Be proud.

You pirate! Here, this is for you... :grin:

N25VF87.png

• Like 2

Now all is left is Pac-Mania and Pac-Land for the 7800^_^

Of course, let's not forget about the time Pacman joined the circus in "Kickman" ;) . As far as I could find it was only ever ported to the C64, but using a joystick, unlike the original arcade version which used the Trakball. So porting this has the benefit of adding some more Trakball love to the 7800 community as well! :) It would be right at home next to playing the awesome previously released Super Circus Atari.

Kickman YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=21&v=KUfjPRL1txc

• Like 3

Of course, let's not forget about the time Pacman joined the circus in "Kickman" ;) . As far as I could find it was only ever ported to the C64, but using a joystick, unlike the original arcade version which used the Trakball. So porting this has the benefit of adding some more Trakball love to the 7800 community as well! :) It would be right at home next to playing the awesome previously released Super Circus Atari.

Kickman YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=21&v=KUfjPRL1txc

There is a kick / kickman prototype for the 2600 floating around there. Not sure the status of it.

• Like 2

You guys are too much...

John Hancock did an extremely complimentary video about Baby Pac-Man. Too kind...

It's funny; I gave him a Baby Pac-Man because of all of the nice things he's said about me and my games in the past - and he does this.

Really great guy.

• Like 24

You guys are too much...

John Hancock did an extremely complimentary video about Baby Pac-Man. Too kind...

It's funny; I gave him a Baby Pac-Man because of all of the nice things he's said about me and my games in the past - and he does this.

Really great guy.

Bob, it was the least I could do. The 7800 holds a special place in my collection(was the first retro console to start it all) and your games are the best. You have lots of support and fans of your games here, and I just wanted to make an appreciation video to share how many awesome things you do. Looking forward to playing some of your games today on my birthday as they always put a smile on my face. Thank you!

• Like 16

Bob, it was the least I could do. The 7800 holds a special place in my collection(was the first retro console to start it all) and your games are the best. You have lots of support and fans of your games here, and I just wanted to make an appreciation video to share how many awesome things you do. Looking forward to playing some of your games today on my birthday as they always put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Very cool video. :thumbsup:

Happy birthday, I can't believe you are 7 years younger than me. :D

• Like 4

Ok...

I've got eproms, I have cartridge boards, and I have enough labels... I'm just still tweaking the cartridge mold for the 3D printer. Each cart case will take an entire day (literally) to print. So, assuming I can get things the way I like it, I may do a run of 20 or so.

*Please don't make any 'reserve' posts or PMs yet, because if I can't get the cart case to the point where I'm comfortable enough to give them out, I won't do this.

Al will most likely have the boxed version in the store. Mine will be cart only.

Thanks, guys

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 20

Bob, good to hear you have a possible workaround for this. I did finally talk to SIO2, publisher of SICK PICKLES purple cart. He says he used Creality Ender 3 for his carts. It's an assemble yourself printer and setup can be challenging, to say the least. So hopefully what you're doing is working for you. /BBA

• Like 1

Roger that, BOB. We haven't talked for a while as I'm "snowed under" with house reno's. The beach house roof is next and then I found wood rot in the front deck facing the ocean and the exterior needs paint badly as I last painted it in 1998. I haven't been coding for weeks as I'm too tired at nights. I added the obit to your Alan McNeal post today. It's sad he departed us. /BBA

• Like 1