IGNORED

Baby Pac-Man

PacManPlus

54 minutes ago, Albert said:

Does it work?  Those machines are a big pain in the ass to keep running.

..Al

They had one at the 2014 Classic Game Fest in Austin, but it was DOA.  I've only ever played this at the Morristown Game Vault.  Been there several times over the past few years and their machine has been up and running each time.?

IMO, its way better to own the 7800 version.

BPM.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/25/2019 at 1:25 PM, sramirez2008 said:

By now, I would think that those of us with 7800(s) would be more than understanding, should a cart not work in our specific console.

I have three 7800s and there have been occurrences where a brand new cart won’t work one of the three.  Just the nature of the beast.

This is so very true.  I have two 7800s.  One is very temperamental with what it will run.  The other seems to run absolutely EVERYTHING that is thrown at it (including all 2600 Activision carts and Superchargers).  Problems that arise with 7800s are generally with individual consoles and not with the software/carts themselves.  

• Like 4

I also have 2 7800’s.

My first, newer manufacture date 7800 glitches some Homebrew and kills Harmony Carts where they need re-flashed. 

My second, older 7800 (no expansion port - so it is not the oldest) plays everything. 

I did cut the cartridge guide at the 4 corners so it acts more like guide tabs rather than a rectangular cup. Makes inserting tight fitting carts easier to remove. 

If it had the capacitor that made the one Atari game work but which blocked Supercharger and some Activision, I removed that. 

• Like 2

Mine doesn't like Reigndeer Rescue or Toyshop trouble for some reason. And that Activision tank game didn't work either. Every 7800 homebrew plus the Harmony Encore works flawlessly. 2600 games which break on my personal 7800 run flawless on Harmony. Weird.

I do have a 4 switch 2600 and a Gemini, but I don't generally hoard multiple consoles so my one Best AV modded 7800 is all I got. ?

Playing Baby Pac-Man "the way it was meant to be played."  

Shout-out to Ed of Edladdin Controllers.  My Supreme 78: All-Play 4/8 needed its cord replaced and Ed took care of it quickly, and now I'm back in action. 

- Thank you Ed???

BPM Edladdin.jpg

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, thursday83 said:

Went off the grid for a month and apparently missed the boat on this one.  I have purchased all of Bob’s 7800 games.  Any chance I can still purchase one?

There's a lot of us out here that would love to have been in that club ;) but will happily wait for the AA Store! :)

I finally played the arcade original at Barcade in NYC in the Chelsea area (West Side). Loved it. Can't wait!

• Like 1

The 7-11, back when 7-11's had arcade cabs at them, near my childhood home actually had Baby Pac-Man...come to think of it, they had a lot of games you wouldn't expect at a 7-11 like Dragon's Lair & M.A.C.H 3. It was pretty good to have games are several places in walking distance since arcades weren't locationally advantageous to me. We had a deli with rotating games like Missile Command, Moon Patrol, Elevator Action and of all things Mr Do's Wild Ride. We had another that had three games that never changed for years with Popeye, Lady Bug & Robotron. 

I honestly admit I didn't get Baby Pac-Man at the time. That young with quarters burning in hand if I didn't get it within one plays worth I moved on. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, H.E.R.O. said:

I honestly admit I didn't get Baby Pac-Man at the time. That young with quarters burning in hand if I didn't get it within one plays worth I moved on. 

Yeah, I use to go to an arcade that got Baby Pacman and I played it twice. I moved on and always wished I would have spent more time playing it. I did have fun with Wizards of War and Vanguard there...but always felt like I missed out on Baby Pac.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2019 at 2:21 PM, sixersfan105 said:

Oh boy, look what just popped up on my Facebook Marketplace...think it's worth $2,500 ?

6EC4E75D-F56F-44F2-ACF6-3353ADBA9D5B.png

I've played the real thing several times at the Texas Pinball Festival, and they have a working one on the floor right now at Free Play Arcade in Richardson, Tx.  Once the gameplay clicks, it is a fun and very special machine.

I would say that $2500 is a fair price if it is working and comes with a few spare parts.  It is hard to find any working pinball machine for much less than that now and considering what it takes to keep Baby Pac-Man running, I think it is fair.

All that being said, I'm not planning on buying the real machine any time soon, and EVERY time this thread pops to the top of my activity streams, I am super jealous of every one who already has this.  I am looking forward to playing this game more than any homebrew of recent memory.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, wongojack said:

I am looking forward to playing this game more than any homebrew of recent memory.

@wongojack IMO, this is a great homebrew and an amazing achievement that does not disappoint.  This one deserves to be a part of everyone's 7800 library.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, wongojack said:

I've played the real thing several times at the Texas Pinball Festival, and they have a working one on the floor right now at Free Play Arcade in Richardson, Tx.  Once the gameplay clicks, it is a fun and very special machine.

Sadly it was broken when I went in 2014. Good news for homebrew since the ROMs tend not to break as much.

Earning pellets in he pinball board is tricky. Still undecided if hanging out in the maze versus pinball has higher scoring potential. Both areas have their pitfalls...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, thursday83 said:

Went off the grid for a month and apparently missed the boat on this one.  I have purchased all of Bob’s 7800 games.  Any chance I can still purchase one?

My apologies and thanks. 

Thursday83

Damn.  Really wanted one of those glow in the dark carts.   My kid loves the game too.  

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 8:13 AM, Kosmic Stardust said:

Sadly it was broken when I went in 2014. Good news for homebrew since the ROMs tend not to break as much.

Earning pellets in he pinball board is tricky. Still undecided if hanging out in the maze versus pinball has higher scoring potential. Both areas have their pitfalls...

I was at the Richardson location last month.  They also have another video/pinball hybrid that I had never heard of called "Granny and the Gators"

post-5812-0-99664300-1557725083_thumb.jpg

Maybe the Baby Pac Man Engine can be re-used for other titles?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/29/2019 at 11:29 AM, wongojack said:

31 minutes ago, wongojack said:

I was at the Richardson location last month.  They also have another video/pinball hybrid that I had never heard of called "Granny and the Gators"

Nice! ??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wongojack said:

Cool!  I’ve never come across this game.

• Like 1