IGNORED

Baby Pac-Man

PacManPlus

5 hours ago, Swami said:

There are a few pinball games to choose from that might be interesting if Bob or Kurt were interested:

Granny and the Gators

Elvira and the Party Monsters from Lynx

Police Force from Lynx

Do you like Twilight Zone or The Addams Family? Those are 2 of my personal favorite pinball machines. As for other pinball video games it would be nice to have a copy of Rollerball for the 7800. Most of the other 8 bit machines have a port of it. The NES and Colecovision ones are my favorites.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I really need this in my possession first but more pinball would be cool. Original tables or otherwise. Pinball AtariAge!

I could get behind that, as I'm a huge pinball fan myself!  Definitely would be cool if the pinball portion of Baby Pac-Man could be leveraged into some original tables!!

..Al

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Shawn said:

Do you like Twilight Zone or The Addams Family? Those are 2 of my personal favorite pinball machines. As for other pinball video games it would be nice to have a copy of Rollerball for the 7800. Most of the other 8 bit machines have a port of it. The NES and Colecovision ones are my favorites.

I do, I like a lot of pinball. Rollerball I've played so much on NES, MSX and ColecoVision, I think I'd like a new pinball to video or improved. Although, I imagine rollerball or xmas pinball would be easy to port from the NES *if* the code were available. The thing about the Lynx games is that they do look pretty disproportionate and blocky when they are blown up to normal screen size and could use a graphical enhancement.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thought about this a bit. To be time-consistent with the Atari 8-bit era and whatnot, how about a four-flipper version of 8-ball Deluxe or if someone really wanted to go nuts, a four-flipper version of Taxi: The taxi Lola, Gorbi, Santa and Drac use?

23 hours ago, MarcusFrom1982 said:

Doesn't look like it will as all Pacman games have been removed 

6 hours ago, Oldschool80skid said:

I was meaning to pick up pacman Jr. along with baby pacman.  Hopefully, the other pac titles will become available again for the 7800.

I hope it's not a C&D thing like with Princess Rescue... ?

Well there's still this:

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=303

On 7/4/2019 at 9:46 AM, Swami said:

There are a few pinball games to choose from that might be interesting if Bob or Kurt were interested:

Granny and the Gators

Elvira and the Party Monsters from Lynx

Police Force from Lynx

There's also Gottlieb's Cave Man. The 3rd of the 1st Gen vid/pin hybrids.

I can vouch for it. I owned it for a year or so and got it working. Like Baby Pac-Man it had a unique video game hardware design, referred to as "the cage" housed inside the pinball cabinet, which was built around a Gottlieb System 80 design (which itself was prone to pretty serious design flaws).

The game tho, was really fun, and possible to go on a real run with, and get in the zone with both the video and pinball parts. The voice synthesis is also hilarious.

So yeah, not knocking the massive accomplishment that 7800 Baby Pac-Man is at all. Just want to express that Cave Man could be on par with it if that mountain is ever summited.

Built a little controller to try and help myself out a little...Sanwa stick with a four way gate, of course, a big improvement (I use to snigger at this...8 ways kind of suck for Pac-anything, I am convinced), when I go into the pinball screen I just put both hands on the controller, one thumb on blue, one on pink (and it is wired for 7800 mode). It has helped me on both parts of the game, but I still am pretty hopeless in them mazes...I head straight for the pinball path asap! And getting the stick into that case was hard....I had to grind 2cm tabs off the metal frame, and it STILL barely fit.

43BfxvY.jpgt02xaNu.jpgszI0Sgo.jpgJIB6X2N.jpg

• Like 12

On 7/23/2019 at 3:51 AM, Kosmic Stardust said:

So why were all pacman related games (except Pesco) removed, including the 2600 games?

Hello everyone!

I too noticed recently, when searching for Pac-Man Collection for 7800, that the Pac games were removed from the store. I have a POKEY sitting at the house begging to crank out some Pac tunes. At the risk of approaching a sensitive subject, I'm also curious as to what changed the availability of the Pac games in the store. Is there any updated info available about what happened and when/if they might be available again?

Thanks!

• Like 2

On 7/26/2019 at 9:04 AM, GoldenWheels said:

Built a little controller to try and help myself out a little...Sanwa stick with a four way gate, of course, a big improvement (I use to snigger at this...8 ways kind of suck for Pac-anything, I am convinced), when I go into the pinball screen I just put both hands on the controller, one thumb on blue, one on pink (and it is wired for 7800 mode). It has helped me on both parts of the game, but I still am pretty hopeless in them mazes...I head straight for the pinball path asap! And getting the stick into that case was hard....I had to grind 2cm tabs off the metal frame, and it STILL barely fit.

Any plans you can share to help us build our own similar version?

On 7/30/2019 at 11:17 PM, Kaboomer said:

Any plans you can share to help us build our own similar version?

I can get the case model tonight, if it has a number on it (it may not). I bought a few so I still have them at least.

Other than that, if you know how to do the resistors for the 7800 controller....the real issue it was just cramming the stick in there and finding room for the wiring. The metal gate on the stick had tabs I had to grind off...and though you can't see it (much) in the photos, when you hold the controller...it is just a little pregnant. I don't claim to be a great solderer/wirer, I ain't, but this was by far the tightest fit I ever had to work with. i was going to cut the 8 way bit off the restrictor gate but actually needed the 8 way part to help route wires and keep them out of the way!

TXqgXlI.jpg

• Like 1