IGNORED

Baby Pac-Man

PacManPlus

Patience.

Albert has stated multiple times it will be for sale in the AA Store.

He also stated that it would like be late this week. Now I for one am not holding him to that. It’s his business. We are in a holiday week. When he gets it listed he gets it listed.

Just sit back and wait for the announcement that it is now for sale like the rest of us.

[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Thanks guys. @Kurt_Woloch  Good to see you back in this thread...  Whenever I'm asked about this game, I always mention you and what you added to make this happen.

After going to Free Play Florida, I realized I'd love to get back to the time I was putting out 2 or 3 games a year...

I need to get my mojo back...

Edited by PacManPlus
left out a word.
  • Like 13

17 hours ago, groundtrooper said:

Patience.

He also stated that it would like be late this week. Now I for one am not holding him to that. It’s his business. We are in a holiday week. When he gets it listed he gets it listed.

Just sit back and wait for the announcement that it is now for sale like the rest of us.

emoji849.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I still want Galagon and a handful of others, since Bob was sweet enough to ship my glow Baby Pac cart. Waka waka.

The arcade game is relentless even with the "classic" style behavior, but classic ghost behavior does make it accessible. I try to keep pacman in the pinball area as much as possible since you can earn energizers there, and only lose your lives in the maze, not when you drain the ball.

Edited by Kosmic Stardust
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, groundtrooper said:

I'm working on getting all the new games in the store.  Just taking a bit longer than I anticipated.  I am making progress, though.

..Al

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, PacManPlus said:

Who is playing the demo?  Is that you Al?  Damn you are good at the game...  Some nice moves there! 

Usually I play the demos for the AA videos, but I couldn't get Baby Pac-Man to run under emulation. If it had been me, you'd have been lucky to have seen the first board cleared. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CommodoreDecker said:

Yippie, I saw it up and ordered - thanks!

Quick question - do these homebrews come with boxes or just the cartridges and instruction manuals (is the box a CGI simulation)?

I recommend reading the description of what you ordered on the order page! ;) 

"Additional Information

Baby Pac-Man includes game cartridge, full-color, 8-page manual, and professionally printed box."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CommodoreDecker said:

Yippie, I saw it up and ordered - thanks!

Quick question - do these homebrews come with boxes or just the cartridges and instruction manuals (is the box a CGI simulation)?

Most new AA releases come with Cart, Instructions, Box. After most of the initial if not all of that stock is sold then they are offered as a cart and manual for a little less money. 

• Like 3

Well, if you ever want some ideas, beyond the much requested Pac & Pal (which I'd also buy), one game I'd love to see done someday for the 7800 as it never had a port that I know of, is Gaplus/Galaga 3.  Not sure if the 7800 could do it, but it would be an impressive effort. If only I could program I probably would have already done it myself. The 7800 is absolutely underrated for these arcade conversions. When I saw the Jr Pac Man some years ago I was blown away by the attract mode being intact.

15 hours ago, PacManPlus said:

Thank you.  Like I said in another thread, I need to get my mojo back.  The last 2.5 years kinda changed me.

But, If all goes well with my current project, I should be able to get back to a few things.

Just purchased Baby Pac! "Back to a few things" like Rezolve? ?

• Like 2

@PacManPlus,

I'm probably the last person left from the original run of cartridges who has only just got around to playing Baby Pac-Man on the 7800.  Like, literally, tonight.  The cart's been sitting here for about six months and it just hasn't worked out to be able to play it until about an hour ago.

THIS GAME KICKS ASS.  Speaking as someone who has owned the original arcade game, the work that you and everyone else who contributed to this port is nothing short of stellar.

Pardon the messiness of my desk at the moment, but the photo is how it looks from my 7800 over RF with an F-Type coax adapter on a modern 32" LCD.  I am seriously looking forward to being able to play this on a CRT in the next couple of weeks.

Massive kudos to everyone involved, and special thanks to Bob for being the first to port this game to a home system :)  BTW, this was the first time the 7800 had been booted in about 15 years, and it just came right up.

Professor Pac-Man next? ;)

IMG_20191213_222945.jpg

Edited by x=usr(1536)
Derped on the original post
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you - If it wasn't for Kurt, this would never have been finished.  And if it wasn't for the people I thanked in the attract mode of the game, it wouldn't looked nearly as good as it does (especially the pinball part).

Defender_2600 pushed me to make the most of the colors in the maze portion (limited as they were)...

On 12/9/2019 at 10:34 PM, sixersfan105 said:

Just purchased Baby Pac! "Back to a few things" like Rezolve? ?

Just one of a few ;)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I just ordered myself a copy. I've always had a strange fascination with this game since first playing it when I was around 2-4 years old, and even did a little of the work recreating the table with Visual Pinball back in college. My dev machine ended up being too slow to run the pinball simulation and Visual PinMAME simultaneously, and Visual Pinball kind of stagnated after that. I always make sure to play a few games when I happen rarely across a working machine.

What are the control options for the 7800 port? I'd love to be able to use a joystick in port 1 for the video game portion, and my Track & Field controller in port 2 for a reasonable facsimile of the pinball control panel. I'm sure I could whip up a simple coupler to make that work if it's not natively supported.

• Like 1

Each player (port), auto detects the type of joystick to use (i.e. the ProLine or the CX-40).  You can't use both ports for the same player.  The coupler would be the way to go although you can't bump the table with the Track & Field  controller then.

I purchased a Hyperkin joystick (with the buttons on both sides) for the sole purpose of making it into a 7800 joystick for Baby Pac-Man.  To me, it's a perfect solution for it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PacManPlus said:

Each player (port), auto detects the type of joystick to use (i.e. the ProLine or the CX-40).  You can't use both ports for the same player.  The coupler would be the way to go although you can't bump the table with the Track & Field  controller then.

I purchased a Hyperkin joystick (with the buttons on both sides) for the sole purpose of making it into a 7800 joystick for Baby Pac-Man.  To me, it's a perfect solution for it.

Ah, didn't realize table nudging made it in! Mostly because it's not a very easy cabinet to nudge successfully. :P

Which Hyperkin joystick did you use? I've been wanting to hack up a decent 7800/2600 arcade stick.

31 minutes ago, davidbrit2 said:

Ah, didn't realize table nudging made it in! Mostly because it's not a very easy cabinet to nudge successfully. :P

Despite the usual dislike of the standard 7800 controllers, they actually work pretty well for this game.

In the pinball portion, up nudges, down launches the ball, and the left & right buttons work the flippers.  The 4-way movement in the video portion plays well.

Going to be interested to see how this does with the CX78 gamepads when I get around to acquiring a couple of those :)