IGNORED

Baby Pac-Man

PacManPlus

That's a great looking box. I think you took some wording from the flyer recently posted here. ;-)

I just noticed that in the first paragraph of the box text, Ms. Pac-Man is mentioned while later she becomes Mrs. Pac-Man. So did they marry in between? ;-)

I think the marriage of Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man is missing in the series... there's not even an intermission showing it. ;-)

Hmm... I would have to think about a game concept for "The marriage of Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man", or in short, "Pac Wedding" :-)

• Like 2

Mr and Mrs Pac Man in the series was the pinball game by the same name. Interesting pinball machine..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UtaDRBwH2c

I would love to own one its quirky..

On topic..

I love the box it looks like it jumped right out of the era at that time!

Heck port it too!

I am anxiously waiting for baby pacman. So is baby pac the same character as pac jr?

• Like 1

Mr and Mrs Pac Man in the series was the pinball game by the same name. Interesting pinball machine..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UtaDRBwH2c

I would love to own one its quirky..

On topic..

I love the box it looks like it jumped right out of the era at that time!

how does the maze actually function?
  • Like 1

@Kosmic Stardust

The maze is a strange set of those lights you see on the play field, when you score enough "moves" you can play the dots and move around trying to avoid the colored "ghost" its a bit primitive but it does work pretty well.

I have to say Baby Pac Man in my opinion is a much better game but Mr and Mrs is a quirky fun pin.

• Like 1

So is that a version which is just the pinball portion without the video game part? I smell a very easy second release from mostly the same code as Baby Pac if so. I know I'd play a pinball only Mr & Mrs. Pac.

Another video of the game from the same person:

• Like 1

Very easy? Well... it is a bit different from the pinball poirtion of Baby Pac. The table layout is different, it's more of a "full" pinball game, and it's not symmetric, unlike Baby Pac-Man, which is strictly symmetric, which the collision map of the Atari 7800 version takes advantage of.

Then there's diagonal targets and power bumpers, both of which Baby Pac doesn't have. Here the round bumpers actually add some force to the ball.while in Baby Pac-Man the bumpers on the bottom just deflect the ball with the same force it came in. Then there's speech (how do you do that?) and the very simplified maze portion. It does reuse some of the sound effects of Baby Pac-Man though.

So is that a version which is just the pinball portion without the video game part? I smell a very easy second release from mostly the same code as Baby Pac if so. I know I'd play a pinball only Mr & Mrs. Pac.

• Like 1

Then there's speech (how do you do that?)

Then there's speech (how do you do that?) and the very simplified maze portion. It does reuse some of the sound effects of Baby Pac-Man though.

Bob's Astro Blaster (ca.2014) has voice. I could tell you how he did it, but then he'd have to shoot me.

AstBlstr_RC9.a78

• Like 1

Holy crap I didn't think I would see a Baby Pacman with an actual pinball game in it for an Atari system! Thank you for making it happen! I haven't gotten the hang of the controls yet (it seems the ball always jumps back down the drain right after it's shot up and hit the rebound) but I was very excited to see the pinball part! The ghosts' movement seems faithful to the original since they seem to change directions without pattern there too, unlike in Pacman and Ms Pacman.

Edited by Tangentg
  • Like 1

Wow, it was actually up and running?! icon_mrgreen.gif

Spoken like someone else who has owned one ;)

It was amazing to me how much Baby Pac-Man ownership is not dissimilar to having, say, an older Alfa-Romeo - absolutely fantastic when they work, but if something goes wrong (which happens frequently enough with either one to be memorable), your weekend just took a nosedive into repairland.

• Like 1

Spoken like someone else who has owned one ;)

It was amazing to me how much Baby Pac-Man ownership is not dissimilar to having, say, an older Alfa-Romeo - absolutely fantastic when they work, but if something goes wrong (which happens frequently enough with either one to be memorable), your weekend just took a nosedive into repairland.

Ha Ha painfully real comment! Mine currently felt like not booting...again.. ugh.. I just know that I will have to redo the chips soon and possibly the power supply too..

• Like 2