IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

I'm looking for a cheap browser that I can use on the go, run a few applications and use to 'cast' You Tube to my TV's in the house without having to boot up one of the computers. Does anyone know if << THIS >> is a good deal?

While I don't plan to use it for anything sensitive, or even email, I've heard that many of these come pre-loaded with backdoors, trojans, spyware, bots and and other crap. Should I even bother?

$_57.JPG

Well the one I'm looking at << HERE >> is not a phone. It's just a WiFi 7" 'tablet', but it does have a mini USB port. At this point in time, it's the closes I can get to a dedicated HD for the TI. It's probably cheaper than other solutions too.

Omega, de keep in mind that the low-end Windows tablets typically run Windows RT on top of ARM CPU's, and are not capable of running normal Windows programs that haven't been explicitly ported to the platform. So Fred's HDX software will not run on those things!

Grrr, WalMart sux. Got a nail in my tire, went to get patched they said my tires are a higher speed rating than my truck needs so they won't fix. Stupid people

That is none of their fscking business, nor their judgement to make. If you had taken the tire up there without the truck they would not care.

Yep :/ oh well hopefully tomorrow some other tire shop will be open, i won't be returning to WalMart tire center

I mean why does it matter if my tires are rated for 140mph instead of 120? Didn't make no sense to me

I'm lucky if my truck will go more than 80mph :lol: so I would figure anything over 90mph rating would be good enough :/

Edited by Iwantgames:)

Omega, de keep in mind that the low-end Windows tablets typically run Windows RT on top of ARM CPU's,

This particular tablet is running on an Intel Atom so it will run normal Windows software.

Hey guys, I appreciate you looking out for me! I would have never known that some versions of Windows would not have worked. Glad to know that there will not be any nasty surprises. I'll make a Blog entry about it after I get it all up and working.

Yep :/ oh well hopefully tomorrow some other tire shop will be open, i won't be returning to WalMart tire center

I mean why does it matter if my tires are rated for 140mph instead of 120? Didn't make no sense to me

I'm lucky if my truck will go more than 80mph :lol: so I would figure anything over 90mph rating would be good enough :/

Liability reasons... lawyers & litigation you know. Shi_ rolls down hill from corporate headquarters, if the peons don't follow the rules, they'll get fired.

A patch that cannot meet the rating of a Z rated tire, effectively reduces that tires rating below it's standard. Now *IF* something were to happen to that tire, and an accident was the result, you could sue their pants off. For all they know, that tire could be transferred to another vehicle in the future. CYOA, it's the corporate motto.

The time has come for me to say good-bye to my very much loved and adored SonyEricsson C905a phone. Over the years it has been my trusted device, capable of everything a smart phone can do (or that I need it to do,) and has a great camera built-in to boot. Age gets to a device one way or another, and in this case it is a double-whammy: first, the deprecation of the RC4 cipher, and second the lack of SHA2 hashing.

With the continued aging of the RC4 cipher it is becoming more and more practical to crack it. Though, that is a risk but not a given. However, new SSL certificates are using the SHA-2 hash to sign rather than SHA-1, and this is the back-breaking straw. I can no longer check my email with my phone unless I set up a special shadow proxy system.

Oddly enough, I am actually sad about this. I am losing a trusted friend and will be forced to get one of these damned smart phones. I have looked around and found no feature phones which provide email which support the SHA2 hash, let alone AES or anything else better than RC4.

And I have 48 spares for parts!

Now why would you acquire 48 spare phones for parts? Hoarding is in your blood it seems (mine too, when one considers how many different TI things I have).

SE phones are good for having weak FastPorts (proprietary combination USB, serial, charging, and A/V port.) Then there is always the possibility of broken screen, failed keypads, busted housings, etc. If this is the end then I shall be shedding these, as well.

This particular tablet is running on an Intel Atom so it will run normal Windows software.

I still need to download the driver for the Keyspan and buy a micro USB adapter for it, but it appears to run the HDX software like you said it would. So it's looking good that this will make a nice HD for the TI.

med_gallery_35324_1027_21959.jpg

I've still not found my way around this thing yet. I'm also hoping that my USB memory sticks will work with the converter as well, otherwise it's gonna be a pain in the butt to get software moved over. As of now, I've not been successful in sharing stuff between computers over the network. :(

Touch-screen can be a real pain. Part of the reason I do not like nor want a touch-screen phone -- I can easily bang out a message or call a number without looking (without even thinking, really.) Digressing to my phone sadness for a second, I have found that I can get my certificates issued with the SHA-1 hash for another two years. Gives me some time :)

• Like 1

Touch-screen can be a real pain. Part of the reason I do not like nor want a touch-screen phone -- I can easily bang out a message or call a number without looking (without even thinking, really.) Digressing to my phone sadness for a second, I have found that I can get my certificates issued with the SHA-1 hash for another two years. Gives me some time :)

Yeah, touch screen can be a real pain on a 7" screen, especially since Ti99Dir & Ti99Hdx cannot be resized! It really will not be much of a deal with Ti99Hdx though, but if I do much with Ti99Dir...

Today, out of impatience and being in the general area, I decided to go into Rip Shock and spend whatever they were going to charge me on a USB converter, but wouldn't you know it, they don't carry the right type. So, back to the Internet for Chinese. Now I gotta wait while my slow boat comes in. I'm amazed at how cheap << THIS >> is... with shipping even.

$(KGrHqFHJBkFH)yUIO9wBSDHmsN4b!~~60_35.J$T2eC16dHJIgFHS((6KmrBSDHmskc9w~~60_35.J