IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

Wow! If it makes him happy, more power to him!

I like your avatar. I actually own a real one of those. :)

It's actually very shiny, the foreground is silver and the background gold, the photo just didn't turn out very well.

Gazoo

gallery_29515_833_55212.jpg

Edited by Gazoo
  • Like 3

Yeah, they are kind of neat, unfortunately the silver part of mine has gotten a little worn over the years and it does not look as nice as it used to. I'm kind of partial to the original communicator though.. maybe that is why I like the TI so much... they sort of match.

med_gallery_35324_1027_3850.jpg

• Like 2

I like your avatar. I actually own a real one of those. :)

It's actually very shiny, the foreground is silver and the background gold, the photo just didn't turn out very well.

Gazoo

I am sad because I lost mine :(

I found a nice case for an external 5.25" drive.

Google this: CDRW55292EXT

A floppy drive fits in the case perfectly.

gallery_29515_833_43552.jpg

Since I've converted my 'stock' TI to two 3.5" floppies (80/80/40), this works out nicely as an external drive if I want to read a 5 1/4 inch disk.

Got it for $5 ! A little alcohol or paint remover will probably take the white lettering off the case.

Gazoo

• Like 2

Yeah. I've got some of those ez135's. they are still housing a scsi drive being used as well as a 230 scsi and a zip scsi. I have one scsi enclosure I'm using that has a flip top. You press a button on each side and the lid will come up. Pretty cool really. It is housing a 5 1/4 as drive 3 on my second system. I just love the old stuff.

/dumping mode on

clock-icon.png

I rarely get two days off in a row, and had scheduled time to help a person (not friend or relative) out yesterday. I rushed to get ready, dropped everything I could have done, only to have my cellphone ring as soon as I closed the car door to leave. Canceled at the last minute. I thought to myself, "Well, that's kind of rude, but at least he called".

cancelled.gif?w=96

6dHSk5RS_normal.png

I'm an easy going kind of guy, and rescheduled for today... guess what? Same thing. What is it with some people today? Would it be asking too much to get more than 10 minutes notice? Is my time worth nothing? I mean I'm doing him a favor.

When asked when I would reschedule, I said, "Sorry, it's not going to happen, you'll have to get someone else I'm too busy. Have a good day". I then hung up the phone. telephone-icon-24.png

Was I out of line?

When asked when I would reschedule, I said, "Sorry, it's not going to happen, you'll have to get someone else I'm too busy. Have a good day". I then hung up the phone. telephone-icon-24.png

Was I out of line?

I would say not. I am retired and most of my friends are more considerate than that! It depends on how good a friend s/he is as to whether your response should have been less clipped; but, you were definitely not out of line.

...lee

PS: If you need something to do today, I am nearly ready to post Lesson 3. :grin:

• Like 1

As we speak I'm now sitting in a beauty shop as my elderly mother gets a hair wash and cut. After that I'm going to take h

er grocery shopping. When I'm all one driving her around, I'm going to take the other car into the shop, it appears the alternator went out. Then... if I have any time left I'll try to start LESSON TWO.

• 2 weeks later...