IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

• 2 weeks later...

Beware of ANY mass storage media with a price that far below market. What you are getting is a much smaller device hacked to show your OS that it is a larger device. Everything works great, until you start saving data into the black hole that is the majority of the device's storage space. All of that black holed data will be lost--with zero chance of recovery, as it was written to nowhere.

The media is probably only an 8GB device (some are 16). There are programs out there to test them by doing a write to every sector and logging the results. With these, the results aren't pretty--and eBay will only force the seller to refund your money, they don't stop them from selling them (experience speaking here). By the time most customers realize they've been screwed, it is too late to file a complaint. . .

• Like 3

looks too good to be true...

Hmm.. a seller with zero rated transactions, selling something below value, sending said items without tracking info... from Singapore. I'm a little skeptical. You know what they say about "too good to be true"...

Beware of ANY mass storage media with a price that far below market. What you are getting is a much smaller device hacked to show your OS that it is a larger device. Everything works great, until you start saving data into the black hole that is the majority of the device's storage space. All of that black holed data will be lost--with zero chance of recovery, as it was written to nowhere.

The media is probably only an 8GB device (some are 16). There are programs out there to test them by doing a write to every sector and logging the results. With these, the results aren't pretty--and eBay will only force the seller to refund your money, they don't stop them from selling them (experience speaking here). By the time most customers realize they've been screwed, it is too late to file a complaint. . .

like this:

post-41141-0-64857400-1489970163_thumb.jpg

If you save money or buy chinese stuff, you often pay twice.

That´s what I have learned

• Like 4

Nostalgia revisited: ripping YouTube sound tracks to audio cassettes using Chromecast Audio to send the music over to the Sony amplifier and from there to the cassette deck :) Why??? Just for fun! Also you'll be surprised how well cassettes actually sound on a good audio system...

https://youtu.be/MkxoLr3Ti40

Haha! Next thing you know you'll be transcribing web pages to spiral notebooks for "offline browsing" :-D

• Like 2

I'm still indecisive about my travel plans in summer, whether I'll actually spend the time and money for a 2:30 min event ...

On August 21 this year, there will be a total eclipse, dragging its shadow straight over the US (see the attached picture). Two interesting locations are Kansas City and Nashville. Assuming that I'd have to choose between those two, what would you suggest, in particular concerning weather conditions in August?

What scares me off a bit is that in the Wikipedia climate tables, both locations have more than 88 mm rain in August, Kansas City even more than 100 mm. Comparing this to Frankfurt/Main in Germany, we have 57 mm rain in August, and even in July just 65 mm, which is known to us as a month with cloudy skies and occasional heavy rains.

I thought that this area in the midlands should be pretty dry, but this is obviously not necessarily the case. Anyone to report personal experiences?

Or is it better north of Denver or Salt Lake City, more to the West?

Maybe in the end, I'll better keep my memories of the 2006 eclipse in Turkey, where I had cloudless skies, perfect sight, but not such a good camera as today.

post-35000-0-36482200-1490726963_thumb.png

I'm still indecisive about my travel plans in summer, whether I'll actually spend the time and money for a 2:30 min event ...

On August 21 this year, there will be a total eclipse, dragging its shadow straight over the US (see the attached picture). Two interesting locations are Kansas City and Nashville. Assuming that I'd have to choose between those two, what would you suggest, in particular concerning weather conditions in August?

What scares me off a bit is that in the Wikipedia climate tables, both locations have more than 88 mm rain in August, Kansas City even more than 100 mm. Comparing this to Frankfurt/Main in Germany, we have 57 mm rain in August, and even in July just 65 mm, which is known to us as a month with cloudy skies and occasional heavy rains.

I thought that this area in the midlands should be pretty dry, but this is obviously not necessarily the case. Anyone to report personal experiences?

Or is it better north of Denver or Salt Lake City, more to the West?

Maybe in the end, I'll better keep my memories of the 2006 eclipse in Turkey, where I had cloudless skies, perfect sight, but not such a good camera as today.

Well I live about 8 hours south of Nashville, but have been throughout the general Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia area. In August it is usually hot and dry. That's my experience over 30+ years of living in and traveling around these areas. Take it for what its worth.

Want to watch a 16 minute commercial? This one had me drooling!

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 series

Highlights

● 27 ppm black/ 27 ppm color

● First page out in colour from sleep/Auto-Off in 9.9 sec

● Leading duplex print speed of 24 ipm

● 50-sheet ADF with single pass, two-sided scanning; scan speed up to 47 ipm

● HP Auto-On/Auto-Off for low energy consumption

● Large 10.9 cm colour touchscreen with gesturing and apps

● Scan-to-email, -folder, -cloud, -USB

● LDAP, Private Printing, PIN Printing

● HP ePrint, AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Wi-Fi Direct/NFC, Mopria-certified, Mobile Apps

in Germany ~ 380eu streetprice

• Like 1