IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

So I'm tired of throwing $$ away and I'm cutting the cord in July (waaaay overdue). Have any of you guys messed with the < $50 DVRs they sell on eBay to record free OTA HDTV? Worth a try or should I buy brand name?

I haven't but you might consider spending a few bucks more and getting one of the previous generation Tivos off eBay with lifetime service. If you buy one with lifetime there is no monthly fees. Some models have multiple tuners and will also do streaming content like amazon, netflix, hulu and youtube. Might make for a better user experience than a cheapo DVR. I've been a tivo user somce the original model. You'll have to research the models to make sure and get one that does OTA since there are a few that only do cable or satellite.

It is just one of those wonderful "features" of Windows 10. :) You didn't really need those settings and favorites now, did you? Microsoft will provide you an approved configuration and remove any "unwanted" applications and settings while doing so. Isn't that just wonderful (and thoughtful too, as you no longer have to agonize over what things you like/need)?

Seriously though, not nice at all. . .

• Like 2

And very nice, at one of the next main updates, that you will be allowed to tell your Windows 10 what your "main working hours" are...

All around this (not exact) time you cannot log on to your computer, and M$ is "allowed" to seize and therefore use your Windows to do "things".

Maybe power eating things like digging bitcoins or so ? I don´t know.

But the very good news is, that Windows 10 is for free - ha ha ha

Maybe next year, you all will pay a yearly fee, or you wont be able to log on to your computers anymore.

This is all announced. Flakka should be forbidden.

:-D

• Like 1

No I'm good on the WinDoze stuff (I use Win7). It's my Google Chrome browser that appears to have been totally re-installed during an update. I had 100's of categorized shortcuts for anything and everything.

A hard blow to the Windows 10 bashers :-D.

• Like 3

Dammit. I use a chrome extension for browser shortcuts that makes managing and backing them up a simple task. I just cannot recall the name right now. I'll have to reply again in 6 months when I'm home and I remember this conversation taking place. Who knows, I might remember in a few hours when I'm home. I really need to start writing things down again.

I hope it's mine that I passed on :) too rich for my wallet

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I've saved up moths ago and just kept it off to the side for about 3 months until the mail came in. My love for the Amiga makes it worth it. I have a full sized tower case I'm going to put it all in once I get the Vampire board installed configured and running.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just stumbled over this one ... probably not so off-topic, judging by the name. :)

Someone remembering this (in particular in Europe)?

I start to believe that you can virtually find anything on the Internet if you just search long enough.

• Like 1