IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

Curious, I looked up computer games based on my favorite movie, Short Circuit (the one with Johnny 5). I found lots, that look rather interesting, but nothing for the TI. Is that due to the company's resistance to licensed games, that I've heard of them?

well- i think for Short Circuit in particular, the movie wasn't released till 1986, so likely it would've been a third-party game by then since the TI's 'first run' hey day ended in 83-ish (but correct me, of course, guys if i'm wrong).

it's an interesting idea, though.

Ti wanted third parties to license titles through them, so that put a big damper on development. The 2.2 console with the ROM lockout was released in '83, and they left the market in '84, so Short Circuit would have been pretty late.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's a lot more cheating than Dragon's Lair. ;) Not to say I wouldn't do that, I've been thinking about it for a long time. But we can't get images to the TI screen that quickly - we don't have direct access to any part of the video system. :/

• Like 1

Sometimes I find the Daily News from The Code Project both funny and disturbing, especially one from June 4th ...

ref.:
https://www.codeproject.com/script/Mailouts/View.aspx?mlid=14381

Strip-Deconnecter-les-machines-dusine-65

• Like 1

Completely off the top of my mind, but hey, what is this thread for, right?

So there is a Deadpool 3 supposedly in the works.

You know who i personally think needs their own dedicated movie?

Qwenpool. Seriously, would a Qwenpool movie adaptation of the comics not totally kick a$$?

At the least, give this character a cameo in Deadpool 3, just saying.

It's either Qwenpool gets her own movie, or Hollywood can finally make the much anticipated movie adaption of Arm-Fall-Off-Boy.

If was between those two, which would you rather pay to see?

Edited by jrhodes

Munch Mobile released 7th June 2019.

For Windows, as part of the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection.

(The arcade machine was 1983- it was SNKs anniversary!)

Other release dates:
PlayStation 4:
North America: March 19, 2019
Europe: March 22, 2019

Xbox One
World: May 3, 2019

Original SNK name was Joyful Road, US arcade machines (by Certuri) were Munch Mobile.

The TI version, licensed from SNK was Munchmobile (one word) - and TI claimed a Trademark on Munchmobile- perhaps the earlier Certuri licensee disagreed?

Now to recreate and post a manual for the game- I have all the documentation parts and only need to do a little reassembling. Fortunately the font used was TIMES.

Just had a quick game (Beginner/Slow) great fun. The original arcade machine was a Z80 at 3.75MHZ so the TI was fairly close- but the original used 256 colours not 16!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2019 at 9:00 AM, tater1337 said:

I really doubt this, just that the commie guys must be congregating somewhere else

Agreed, there are more Commodore/Amiga forums than I can keep track of. The Apple folks have quite a few too; it's more just that us TI'ers don't have our own active forum outside AtariAge.

For our Dutch fellows here ... (I was following some courses on quantum mechanics on Youtube, when I stumbled on the "Hoygens" principle.)

I have to admit that this is difficult to pronounce for us Germans, too, and we are quite used to some non-trivial phoneme combinations.

(Just the force he's speaking with, together with the fist ... ROFL :-D )

• Haha 1

So, i find myself watching Fight Club for the umpteenth time tonight.

And i think to myself, what f****d up world... What a f****d up movie.

All of a sudden i have a need to find a support group.

For the love of Christ, please... If you somehow have never seen this movie, don't do it.

Don't watch it. EVER. You have no idea the depravity it can lead too.

napalm.jpg

Edited by jrhodes

My Google-fu on this is weak and this is something I have never needed to do.  I am working with a custom Linux distro built into a NAS.  I know it can be upgraded with additional NICs, in particular some 10GB NIC, but the documentation is piss-poor on what those cards are.  I successfully added a quad gigabit NIC based around the same chipset on the mainboard.

How can I list the drivers which are installed as part of the distro?  I can list active drivers with installed hardware, but I need to know the inactive drivers so I can match them to a card.