IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

It was a test meal we had, and the roast pork we had didn't have enough liquid drippings to make good pudding with, so we had to resort to using normal vegetable oil for it. Almost caught the oven on fire with it, but after a little mopping up, the pudding turned out well. It's just that, I'm pretty sure Yorkshire Pudding wasn't meant to be eaten with confectioner's sugar and maple syrup...

This makes me sad.

America Braces for Possible French Fry Shortage After Poor Potato Harvest

For the record, FarmerPotato is not a potato himself, he just looks like one.  FarmerPotato, aka doruru,  is a Japanese moleMogera wogura,  and farms corn and vegetables.

FarmerPotato is friends with Tiny Potato though. You may have seen the inspirational poster: "Tiny Potato Believes In You. You Can Do The Thing."

• Like 4

LOLOL

Takeaways:

N64 Elon Musk has derpier face than real Musk.

Cybertruck can run over many pedestrians, and cause multiple explosions, but cannot handle a pebble hurled at its windshield.

Cybertruck is actually fully self-driving, which is why it has no steering wheel. (It is also psychopathic and actively hates humans, which is why it runs over all the pedestrians)

Been messing with that (Inland, black) PETG filament.

It prints beautifully WHEN--

Bed temperature turned way up to 80C on initial layer

Nozzle temp turned to highest end of print temp (240C) for initial layer

Print speed turned to "watch grass grow" speeds of between 15mm/sec and 20mm/sec on initial layer

THICK layer of liquid PVA school glue painted on bed

FAN OFF

then-- once initial layer printed--

235C nozzle

70C bed

25mm/sec to 30mm/sec print speed

FAN OFF

Painfully slow to watch print...  Printing faster (like the 50 to 60mm/sec speeds I get with PLA) causes excessive "tearing" and "Rippling" of the previously printed edge as the head passes, causing the material to ball up, leave defects, strings, and debris all over.

A significant contributor is the rapid speed.  A fast rapid movement with combing on results in bits that were laid down on initial layer getting knocked off.

I have been doing another test print of the PEB front bezel, with somewhat OK results.

Initial testing suggests the PETG is quite sandable, but I like how the PLA prints better.

Edited by wierd_w
  • Like 1

Somewhat off-topic. Look at this lovely 404 page:

http://www.ti.com/product/TMS27C010A/technicaldocuments?HQS=TI-null-null-octopart-df-pf-null-wwe

I was searching for the datasheet for the 128K x 8 EPROM. (even though I only need 32K). Found it on octopart, but Mouser still links to TI.

Our trustworthy 9900 seller polida2008 has them as fast as 100ns speeds, Qty 10 for $8.20 which is 0.82 ea.

Not that you need anything faster than the -45 (450ns) on the 4A.

27 minutes ago, wierd_w said:

No, resistence can be overcome with sufficient voltage! That's not a resistor, it's a perfect insulator! ;)

It's very high impedance. TI has retired this part so long ago, they don't remember it.

At least, there is some memory of them at Rochester Electronics (see what I did there)

https://www.rocelec.com/search?q=tms27

(TI surplus, and licensed fab for obsolete parts)

Ugh. Cobbled together three models from "relative" scratch for Source Filmmaker, some sort of game-based rendering program I use for my art, nowadays. Two of them were simple body and armature swaps, but one I had to do some mesh altering to get it done. Nearly wore myself out with it, but I'm happy with the results, for the most part. Sure makes up for me bugging other people to make them, that's for sure (though I still bugged them for advice on fixing some issues I had with the models)...