IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

I think the pegs will work great.  Slight revision on peg locations as I print parts.  Test part released from bed slightly while printing (lifted corner), but was good test for new features otherwise.

With the foam strips on the inside I am gonna have to be "clever" in how I make the actual retainer clip things though.  Some will have to be multi-peg.

• Like 1

*grumbly noises*

After a rather spectacularly failed print today, (like, totally let loose, with black blobs and spaghetti everywhere), I went into hardcore fault checking mode.

Found that my heated bed was not reliably heating/staying heated, due to the connector having gotten too hot in the past, and the plastic melting.

I have ghetto-ized a "really, this is a terrible idea" fix, and also ordered a replacement cable from amazon. (The ghetto "fix" is only until the new cable arrives.)

Also ordered a suitable borosilicate glass top for the bed. (Meant for a REAL i3, but the dimensions are identical. I fail to see why it wont work.)  I have been fighting a slight warp in my aluminum bed that should be resolved nicely by the glass topper.

I am running the part that failed again, with the ghetto fix in place. See if that really was the cause of all my sorrow.

• Like 1

Home from work now.

Part printed absolutely perfectly with no warping, nor any other print artifacts. (While I was in fault-finding mode, I lubed the shit out of all the linear bearings, verified good action of all belts, lubed the Z-axis screw gears, and- since I had to remove the bed to fully examine it-- did a full manual re-calibration after re-installation.)  Clearly the malfunctioning bed power connector has been my major issue.

Very pleased now.  Will continue printing the series.  The part was the second of the 8 part set, and is adjacent to the first one. Peg layout was sufficiently exact for the parts to mate up and fully set down on the metal component, and remain straight with the edge.  Things are looking good so far.

Once I have the whole series printed (and thus fully fit-tested), I will release the updated set.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 6:30 AM, digdugnate said:

Some of us HAVE played other games and systems, you know, but YOU GOTTA GO FAST. lol

Speaking of, sorry for the rant: News breaks of critics liking the Sonic Movie premiere, and a blogger on one of the more famous Sega-themed news sites starts hating on it, because he wants the movie to fail. Insert pic of a Swatbot hammering a "No Fun Allowed" sign into the ground.

Ah, well, I have bigger game problems to focus on, like whether or not I should practice Doom 64 on a TC or Emulator, first, before the official PC release comes out...

Unhappy. :(

When installing the new glass bed topper, I bumped the connector (tight space) on my heated bed, and lifted the solder traces.

It's slightly smaller than a true i3 bed (213x213mm, not 220x220).

SOOOO

I ordered aftermarket Y axis sled for real i3 (which has slotted linear bearing holes, so should fit existing bearing sleds), and an aftermarket bed for a real i3. 

37$.  Parts arrive the 30th

• Sad 1

Anyone seen some snow? I guess I'll have to change my avatar again; we're having +15°C right now. This is typically April's temperature (and warmer than August on Iceland, as I got to know). In whole January there were only a couple of days where we got close to the freezing point. I cannot remember a similarly warm January, actually...