IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

Ugh, my boyfriend's mom had to be talked out of going out for groceries, in her state (she's in her 60's and highly disabled with various maladies that make her susceptible to Covid-19), because his dad convinced her that it wasn't anything to worry about. And it took both of his sisters to convince her, both of which were medical practitioners. Not to get political or against Fox News and the GOP or anything, but I'm starting to agree that their rhetoric is poisoning their mind, at the very least about how they don't consider it serious...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDMike said:

So far it's life as usual in my town of 1200 deep South Arkansas. But then again we have 1 or 2 stores, and the shelves are usually bare anyway .

Family in your neck of the woods says crack-heads are offering certain kinds of favors in exchange for toilet paper.

• Haha 2

There are some real weirdo cracks here..I've seen em! So nothing surprises me at all. It's a shame.

I just found out the house next door to me is a rental, I wasn't happy finding that out, then those people moved and someone cleaned up over there, and the internet dudes were here fixing a broken fiber link and told me that rental is owned by the church. And I just saw a big ole fat sloppy looking, 23-25 year old dude looking it over as please please don't move here I prayed. I can't stand lazy jobless FAT people!! There I said it.. whatever.. stop eating so much, AND he was on the phone like his life would end if the phone fell out of his hands.. gross

A satire magazine reported that drug dealers reacted to the current situation and switched to toilet paper, soap, and masks. People are reported to pay up to 100 euros for two rolls of toilet paper and 100ml of liquid soap. Experts warn to use sanitary products from the black market: "You never know what you get. The soap is likely diluted, boiled in some Moroccan cellar labs. Desinfection lotions turn out to be simply rum. Toilet paper is mostly only single-layered. Customers really have to be alert."

(No need to be sad about that, it's just a joke... about the frenzy of hoarding toilet paper. Has anyone really expected that?)

Edited by mizapf
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2