IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

48 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

I know it came out on Apr 1, but, the IRS has no sense of humor, amiright?

Verified Source:

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm967

• Haha 1

That's good, but it brings up another issue for us; we're on housing assistance, and the current person doing our reviews is insane; she considers anything we get, no matter how infrequent or small, as income, and even says that to her, a candy bar given to a child you take care of by a neighbor every month is considered income and needs to be reported, so we're not sure if this stimulus check will be considered income to her, and will raise our rent even more. If so, that'll be the last straw for us with her, since she's already raise our rent twice and forced us to pay back hundreds in back pay just because I made under $1000 the previous years.

EDIT: My boyfriend called them, and they said they haven't gotten confirmation on whether it's considered income yet or not, but he will need to report it, when he gets it, which we find stupid.

Edited by xabin

Here is a new scam that uses the "Forgot your password" feature of online banking.

Never talk to anybody who called you from your bank or financial service company. 

Hang up and call your bank back at the number you normally use if you feel the need or ignore it.

https://robservatory.com/how-i-lost-control-of-our-bank-accounts-to-a-phone-scammer/ 

Evil bastards.

I have had some trouble trying to upload pdf's to these pages apparently due to the slow upload speed of my ISP. After a while it drops the upload and says I have a -200 score (or some such). Hopefully this does not effect my credit score, as it has happened thrice so far (can you run a negative rating?).

Is it possible to uploaded files somewhere online (to a less speed critical site) and then transfer from there to ti99.atariage.com ? Thanks. MV

43 minutes ago, MikeV said:

I have had some trouble trying to upload pdf's to these pages apparently due to the slow upload speed of my ISP. After a while it drops the upload and says I have a -200 score (or some such). Hopefully this does not effect my credit score, as it has happened thrice so far (can you run a negative rating?).

Is it possible to uploaded files somewhere online (to a less speed critical site) and then transfer from there to ti99.atariage.com ? Thanks. MV

I don´t think so (but don´t know for sure). You could save it on your own web-space/drive/whatever and link to it....

"-200 score" did this come from AA here ? Never seen such a message

State wide stay at home starts tomorrow for my state (Missouri).

Plus the propane plant i work at just had a nice little round-table discussion with the whole crew, everyone from plant manager to the part-timers was there.

Short of it all: The lay offs are coming. Under-performing p.t. employees get the first axe, they'll work their way up from there if needed, to whittle the crew down to a skeleton crew to stay running if needed.

• Sad 1

Not really OT, but ran across these saved items while cleaning off a hard drive and turned them into PDFs.

It's some historical stuff from/about Karl Guttag who I know has been partially covered in this forum because I remember some snippets.

If they already exist, moderator, feel free to dump them. No copyright infringement intended and copied with all headers intact to the best of my ability:

I know some of it was generated from this link (still active) - https://www.kguttag.com/2017/06/28/texas-instruments-994a-and-tms9918-history/

TI International Users Network Conference Transcript - Karl Guttag of Texas Instruments.pdf The Texas Instrument 994 World's First 16-bit Home Computer.pdf The Inside Story of Texas Instruments' Biggest Blunder - The TMS9900 Microprocessor.pdf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

earlier this evening I needed to pick up some medication and was surprised to see this sign while stopped at the intersection...

image.thumb.png.c1530a15dfb852f176d17e0a2df6ea84.png

this reminds me of a story my wife read yesterday that happened in Louisiana.  when this town started their curfew the siren the police unknowingly used was apparently the siren sound from the movie 'The Purge'.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/louisiana-police-apologize-siren-purge-signal-coronavirus-curfew/story?id=70043249

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Yup.  I heard Chuck Norris caught the coronavirus, but decided it was not worth keeping.

?

yup, and he get´s rid of it, toiletpaper or not  ?  

Edited by Schmitzi