IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

3 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Pfft.  Monitor connectors.

You mean like VGA, DVI etc with the thumb screws?  I find those slightly less difficult plus I more often have the ability to move the monitor to make access easier.  I can’t tell you how many TVs I had to connect by feel because they were too heavy to move or VCRs because the cables were too short to pull all the way out of the entertainment center. 

3 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

I'm so glad many of the old connectors are no longer 'needed'.

I agree!  In my mind that was one of the major benefits of putting the TIPI in my P-Box.  I was able to get rid of a pile of cables...

gallery_35324_1027_62467.jpg

... now with the TIPI's WiFi capability, I only have one wall-wart supplying power to it and I eliminated everything you see above. 

YES!!  One of my favorite e-mail notifications is .. Your order has shipped!  So in the spirit of excitement and anticipation, when my FinalGrom99 arrives with the pre-loaded sd card from Greg, what awesome Carts are on that SD card?  I can't wait to find out.   Is it easy to add other cartridges that may not be pre-loaded?  ( I am looking at you, XB GEM )   I can't wait....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DavidC said:

YES!!  One of my favorite e-mail notifications is .. Your order has shipped!  So in the spirit of excitement and anticipation, when my FinalGrom99 arrives with the pre-loaded sd card from Greg, what awesome Carts are on that SD card?  I can't wait to find out.   Is it easy to add other cartridges that may not be pre-loaded?  ( I am looking at you, XB GEM )   I can't wait....

everything ti put out and the original 3rd parties.. anything super recent isn't included as I don't update my image for every new thing.. but a lot of homebrew and demos are there.. oh and I include the tibasic library from our Italian friends who converted a crap-ton of ti basic programs to cart images.. 

to add stuff you just copy the bin files to the sdcard .. that's pretty much it.. put them in the appropriate folder..    they need to be 8.3 file names and groms end with G .. docs are here: https://endlos99.github.io/finalgrom99/

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 11:07 AM, Schmitzi said:

I don´t think so (but don´t know for sure). You could save it on your own web-space/drive/whatever and link to it....

(A very small, dim light, just came on...) The solution is actually quite simple. I will take a page from blackbox's manual and send any long files as images, which can then be assembled. Hopefully Mr. Invisible (aka Omega) will assist with one of his excellent pdf's. I have a bi-focal friendly version of the CC controller manual.

4 hours ago, save2600 said:

Say what? ?

1111522706_chick-standing-talljpg.thumb.jpg.9e81383ca0b84e18afaafa5ce58978ae.jpg

It's real. People are buying baby chicks like nobody's business. They're flying out the door!

https://nypost.com/2020/04/08/people-are-reportedly-panic-buying-baby-chickens/

I was going to take the kids to Tractor Supply to see the baby chicks this year. That didn't happen. Now they're all gone.

My neighborhood has a significant number of urban chicken coops.

I planted vegetables instead. 

4 hours ago, save2600 said:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The thing about DashCam's is that they usually record a whole lot of nothing, but every once in a while you get a couple of images worth keeping.  Sadly the weather was poor today, but even at 4K this image is not the best, still I wanted to share it because it's not every day you see a Bald Eagle flying in front of your car.  I probably should have zoomed in on the image, but I didn't, but here it is anyway.

For the best view, make it "full screen".

• Like 1