IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

I hope it brings you many years of happiness---  Just be aware that filament based printers like this have severe problems with overhangs unless you generate supports.  When designing things to produce, you DO need to keep that in mind.

a good rule of thumb is anything "flatter" than a 45 degree overhang is too much side-travel on the pass, and it will just glob in the air unless there is a support. 

On 7/4/2020 at 2:04 AM, wierd_w said:

I hope it brings you many years of happiness---  Just be aware that filament based printers like this have severe problems with overhangs unless you generate supports.  When designing things to produce, you DO need to keep that in mind.

a good rule of thumb is anything "flatter" than a 45 degree overhang is too much side-travel on the pass, and it will just glob in the air unless there is a support. 

Your statement about an autolevelling bed is certainly on the mark. Gonna have to get a new magnetic bed plate for it already. My biggest beef with it right now is that I will spend 15-30 mins leveling the bed and offsetting the home start position only to have it reset BEYOND the plate and say " Ok Boss I totally didn't Listen so lets just start anyway."

On 7/4/2020 at 2:04 AM, wierd_w said:

the Creality Slicer software is not doing too badly on the auto generation of supports.

On 7/9/2020 at 7:29 PM, arcadeshopper said:

Picked this up2926c679cca2f7b26d189ba5c5658e94.jpg562cf6aca7de6e4b47d1895234bdaeb2.jpgb7e914105f35e3803393f48c8596b395.jpg4c37ded0a06ae4b992ec22752127de78.jpg93d6bceb5ee72503d1b8510a0acb7459.jpg2fd1da2214a78b7aaa8ee292114e3362.jpg

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Touched one of those in 1982 (?) at a TI office in Redwood CA.  :) 

Not PC compatible but similar.  Poor TI didn't get the direction that the world was moving.  Compatibility was more important than 'special features".

I read about it a magazine and it was deemed to be a good machine but not exactly like a PC.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/9/2020 at 6:29 PM, arcadeshopper said:

Picked this up562cf6aca7de6e4b47d1895234bdaeb2.jpgb7e914105f35e3803393f48c8596b395.jpg

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Nice find!

I learned a lot of application software on one of those - PeachTree Accounting, PeachText, Lotus 1-2-3, I forget what others.  Like some other PC makers (Kaypro...) the DOS was licensed from MS, with other software houses hired to port their applications.

I carried TIPC disks-at least the DOS- around for decades - dunno what finally happened to those.

It wasn't TI's last DOS machine.  The TI Travelmate series of fully-compatible PC laptops lasted into the 90s, when it sold to Toshiba.  I played a lot of Ultima 5 on a TI Travelmate, and other DOS games.  Also in the 90s, TI manufactured CPUS for Cyrix and branded them under the TI name as well. See  https://cpumuseum.jimdofree.com/museum/texas-instruments/80486-d-slc/

• Like 1

I saw something sadly telling of a (nameless) individual today. Taken in the context of where it appeared, it seemed rather snarky, demeaning, and displayed much ego.  Maybe the individual who posted it thought so too because they removed it, or maybe figured it already hit it's target and was no longer necessary, but did not want others to see and judge?  Who knows?  

Interesting.JPG.662f1a455bd565df60eb5bea6548dbd6.JPG