IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

My doctor wanted me to walk 30 minutes a day.  I didn't walk today.

Instead, spent an hour+ in the garden using a hoe to clear weeds and another 20 minutes in a flower bed.  Then pulled the tire off my JD Gator and got it repaired and put back on.  Picked up fuel line for my hedge trimmer and had to push that small fuel line into the even smaller hole in the fuel tank and connect it to the filter/weight.  Ran the hedge trimmer for about 3 minutes, then the second fuel line failed as well and had to use the remaining fuel line to insert into the hole on the breather side of the tank.

Then, got the hedges cleared, but not before drinking 1 beer and 3+ quarts of water.  Then my wife asked about clearing the weeks around the roses.  Spent the next hour clearing those weeds.  Then, used the chain saw to shorten a stump so my mower can clear it.  Now, came the fun part of using my mower to chop up all the hedge clippings so I would not have to pick them up.  After that, used the weed eater to edge about 150' of overgrown grass on the sidewalk then followed it up with hitting the extra weeds I missed around the roses.  Came back along then and used the mower to clear the sidewalk.  Finished up weed eating a couple of other spots.

Used water hose to water roses and then sprayed down multiple windows that were hazy from dust/dirt. Pulled mower into barn as wife indicated dinner was almost ready.  Had dinner, then went back to garden and picked the yellow squash, zucchini, okra, and peppers.

Also in that ordeal, I picked up some groceries and went by the gas station to fill gas cans for mower, etc.  Oh, the temperature was about 95°F here.

Got back into the house and showered.  It's now about 7:40 pm.

I'm spent.

Got to get up at 5:30 am in the morning...………….

Did this make up for not walking 30 minutes?

Beery

Edited by BeeryMiller
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BeeryMiller said:

Did this make up for not walking 30 minutes?

Yes, but is is not cumulative so you are back at the 30 minute walk tomorrow.

Good work, by the way.  Very motivating.  I had a day like that each day this weekend.  Definitely felt accomplished.

10 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Yes, but is is not cumulative so you are back at the 30 minute walk tomorrow.

What?  That wasn't good enough for the whole week??

I spent over 4 hours Saturday out on a soccer field starting with a new student teaching him how to fly in 95°F temps.  Sunday, was a day of rest and Buffalo Wild Wings.

Oh well, maybe my walking up and down the halls here at work will count towards my 30 minutes...………

Beery

• Like 2

So does noncompliance with doctor's orders.  (That's what did my pops in.)

As for my own OT..

I work in healthcare, at the bottom rung of the totem pole, and winter approaches soon.  I have a naughty practical joke I am contemplating pulling, but first some background.

The local podiatrist that services the population of our senior care home likes to bring bags of hard candy to motivate the other CNAs to have residents ready for their checkups every month, so there is usually a bottomless supply of hard candy in the candy dish behind the nurse's station.  I have been contemplating getting one of these for some time now.

Now, I think I have enough motivation, after seeing this: (advanced to appropriate timestamp)

I am contemplating getting the machine, and making some cotton candy-- Including some made from THIS. I will package them all in ziplock bags, and leave them in the breakroom, and see who I can get unawares.

Not quite in the healthcare field, but my wife worked a stint at TSA security just after 9/11.  They had a practical joker in their group, so she went to a friend that was a vet and got several pair of the gloves they would wear that go all the way up to the shoulder.  Generally, they are used when a vet/someone has to pull a calf or other critter from a large animal.  If you are lucky, you have the gloves.  My dad, he never had gloves...…...

Anyways, when this particular TSA agent would get the desire, or when he would have a passenger that needed to be put in their place, he would tell them he needed to do a body cavity search and would start to pull out one of those to-the-shoulder gloves.  

Beery

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have honestly considered appropriating some of those "Cattle insemination gloves" myself, purely for their utilitarian value in keeping ICK off of my upper arms.

Ever had to clean up radically incontinent bowel movement off of an obese person with limited mobility, while they are still in the bed, because moving them out of it is physically next to impossible? I have.

Ever done it using just a tiny pair of blue medical gloves and no isolation gown, while they are still "going"? ...

I have.

I will stop there.  The only thing that has prevented me getting a box of said gloves, and tucking them away in a conveniently secret place at work, is that it would not reflect well on the facility, even if the PPE would supply vastly superior performance. (It could be seen as degrading to the resident in question, and the state is very negative and harsh about that kind of thing.)

7 hours ago, wierd_w said:

Ever done it using just a tiny pair of blue medical gloves and no isolation gown, while they are still "going"? ...

I have.

No, but I did get to watch my daughter learn what it was like to change the diaper of a baby with explosive wet farts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Omega-TI said:

WashingtonNoLess.PNG.540c66afff2bb2c114f04af6ad7e23b8.PNG

What the heck?  This is Western Washington!  We're not used to this.

Is it just me as an old man complaining or have people who write these weather apps not learned that it is important to know the direction the barometer is moving as well as the absolute value?  I see this on my local TV station news as well.  Why when I was a boy... :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Too bad she did not have the same energy throughout the video as she had toward the end.  Otherwise, she just looked like a hot bunny hitting sticks on things.  As well, while in a couple of shots I could see the other "cameraman," there were several cuts which jumped to a vantage which absolutely had no camera there prior, so I get the impression this was taken in several shots.  That is just my impression from one video.  I would need to see others to be sure, and this is a bunny hole into which I cannot fall right now.

Not saying she is not good in this video.  Studio-like sessions are not always complete play-through, but I think I would enjoy more seeing her in a live set versus a studio video.  I see the video as teaser for a live show, especially if she emotes a little.

3 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

I see the video as teaser for a live show, especially if she emotes a little.

If you want to see a better drummer (not the one above) that also emotes more than a little, check out this post linked below.  I think you'll be amazed by the talent exhibited.

48 minutes ago, Omega-TI said:

If you want to see a better drummer (not the one above) that also emotes more than a little, check out this post linked below.  I think you'll be amazed by the talent exhibited.

Oh, HELL yeah!  THAT'S what I'm talking about!  Watching her play "Bulls on Parade" won me over completely, then I had to watch "We're An American Band."

• Like 1

GUYS GUYS!  I found an AWESOME power adapter for 3.5" drives.  This has a 4-pin "Molex" and a SATA power connector, and works with both hard drives and floppy drives.  It came as part of a USB3-to-HDD adapter kit and I cannot find this part alone anywhere.  Has anyone seen this device anywhere on its own??

DSC00025.JPG

DSC00026.JPG

• Like 2