IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

8 hours ago, Omega-TI said:

USPS-SUCKS.thumb.PNG.c6476ab23fe37a20ef9c6606f65148f6.PNG

Welcome to my world of USPS. 

Last week the mail lady wouldn't deliver to my street side mailbox because the construction crew reversed the box, but she could get to the box from either side, so I called USPS and that's when they told me that she wasn't allowed to get out of her vehicle either.

well it's easy to put the box back where it was I just didn't know if it was supposed to be turned the other way or not since they have the highway under construction I didn't know which way they were delivering the mail these days my neighbor's box was turned the same way as mine but they didn't leave me a note they didn't tell me they just skipped my house all together I had to end up calling to find out what the heck is going on.

I never heard of a mail woman that can't get out of her vehicle to deliver the mail interesting. 

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Welcome to my world of USPS. 

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't consistently suck at doing their jobs.  I mailed an item to a friend in December that never arrived, so I burned a couple more and sent them out as well.  He got the second set, but no word about the first.  Now Ping-Ponging the mail is nothing new in my neck of the woods, a few years ago an item went back and forth between Portland and Seattle THREE FREAKING TIMES before it was finally delivered.  Still, I think I have more respect (which is very little), for the USPS than I do for UPS.

/rant mode off

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Omega-TI said:

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't consistently suck at doing their jobs.  I mailed an item to a friend in December that never arrived, so I burned a couple more and sent them out as well.  He got the second set, but no word about the first.  Now Ping-Ponging the mail is nothing new in my neck of the woods, a few years ago an item went back and forth between Portland and Seattle THREE FREAKING TIMES before it was finally delivered.  Still, I think I have more respect (which is very little), for the USPS than I do for UPS.

/rant mode off

No no.. one more thing..

Lol

I finally found a part for my old car. It was a brittle plastic moulding for a trim piece.

So the seller stuck in a large padded usps envelope and they covered it with fragile marking tape.l at the post office.

My mail lady folds it in half an sticks it my mailbox.. of course the damage is done. Rant mode at idle...

• 2 weeks later...

I simply HAD to share this video with you guys!  Yes, it's an all Korean Girl band, but that's not why I'm sharing it.  This is a new band, and their first video, but the playing and music style will remind of the Classic Rock tunes many of us have been listening to for decades.  Now me personally, listening to foreign music is not much different from the domestic stuff, because I usually cannot understand the lyrics anyway... but if you want to turn on captions, go for it.  I do have a couple of words of advice when viewing this video...  1) View it FULL SCREEN and 2) Crank it up!

On 1/21/2021 at 8:13 AM, GDMike said:

So the seller stuck in a large padded usps envelope and they covered it with fragile marking tape.l at the post office.

My mail lady folds it in half an sticks it my mailbox.. of course the damage is done. Rant mode at idle...

That seller should give you a refund for poor shipping practices.  Fragile marking tape? Padded envelope?  Good grief.  They have these things called 'boxes' nowadays ;)    'tis unfortunate that the part didn't make it all the way, regardless.

• Thanks 1

I remember shipping floppy diskettes, carefully suspended on air pillows, lodged inside an overnight air express shipping USPS box.

I went through all that trouble, *BECAUSE* I had mental images of a postal worker rolling it up like a magazine, if I had used flat-pack bubble pouch shipping, and BECAUSE I had mental images of them stacking a horribly heavy stack of boxes on top of it, and smashing the media.

Thankfully none of those things happened, and it arrived on time.  However, I took no chances.

Then again, Omega should already know how heavily I overpackage things I send in the mail, even when they are durable goods.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

That seller should give you a refund for poor shipping practices.  Fragile marking tape? Padded envelope?  Good grief.  They have these things called 'boxes' nowadays ;)    'tis unfortunate that the part didn't make it all the way, regardless.

Of course when I told him about it, he said, I should have used a box... whatever

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, wierd_w said:

I remember shipping floppy diskettes, carefully suspended on air pillows, lodged inside an overnight air express shipping USPS box.

I went through all that trouble, *BECAUSE* I had mental images of a postal worker rolling it up like a magazine, if I had used flat-pack bubble pouch shipping, and BECAUSE I had mental images of them stacking a horribly heavy stack of boxes on top of it, and smashing the media.

Thankfully none of those things happened, and it arrived on time.  However, I took no chances.

Then again, Omega should already know how heavily I overpackage things I send in the mail, even when they are durable goods.

You just reminded me of what happened to me in 1987!

I ordered explorer disks from, who ever was selling them, I don't remember now, but 3 disks and a booklet all came in a envelope. And my us mail delivery person folderd the envelope in half, when I opened the envelope the floppies were folded in half really nicely.

I called the seller, I said, just paid$75 what to do? They said I could pull the sleeves apart on the floppy disks and copy them to new floppies which I did and they worked just fine so I was happy after that.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

You just reminded me of what happened to me in 1987!
I ordered explorer disks from, who ever was selling them, I don't remember now, but 3 disks and a booklet all came in a envelope. And my us mail delivery person folderd the envelope in half, when I opened the envelope the floppies were folded in half really nicely.
I called the seller, I said, just paid$75 what to do? They said I could pull the sleeves apart on the floppy disks and copy them to new floppies which I did and they worked just fine so I was happy after that.
Mg explorer?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2021 at 10:24 PM, Omega-TI said:

I simply HAD to share this video with you guys!  Yes, it's an all Korean Girl band, but that's not why I'm sharing it.  This is a new band, and their first video, but the playing and music style will remind of the Classic Rock tunes many of us have been listening to for decades.  Now me personally, listening to foreign music is not much different from the domestic stuff, because I usually cannot understand the lyrics anyway... but if you want to turn on captions, go for it.  I do have a couple of words of advice when viewing this video...  1) View it FULL SCREEN and 2) Crank it up!

Excellent.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Omega-TI said:

For some reason I thought of @jedimatt42 when I saw this...

Well that was fun.

It's a bit of an oddity in symphonic metal, since the original was written for a symphony orchestra long ago. They have added two electric guitars and called it metal... I dunno.

Also, it must be hard to conduct while wearing a dark helmet.  Vader shows his lack of Prowess as a conductor. (see what I did there) 

I think this Vader did a better job. 

Finally, OH NO MARKO HIETTALA!