IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

5 hours ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

I guess it's no secret that I've been looking to relocate for over a year now...

I may have finally found something that suits my eclectic tastes...

homeontherange.thumb.png.319246c37c8ae250c1592c5f97f4ab2f.png

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/apa/d/boerne-nice-shed/7315048797.html

...It would be precious, if I can get a hose!?

Well, if you don't have an HOA, you can get that horse.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

A funny show in it's time ...Hal Linden often seemed to  play the straight man, though his exceptionally dry wit, seemed to made it work.

By chance, when I was around 9 years old, we lived in the same building. One day, I took it upon myself to have a yard sale in front of our Upper west side, NYC apartment. I threw a small blanket and some items out and made up the prices, often only to be educated by potential customers as to the appropriate price range for many of these items. Upon considering the ramifications of my action/efforts, my parents allowed me to continue for an additional few days ...in order to learn the value of work/saving-spending/money(haha). I doubt I made more than 5 or 10 Samolians, all told.

A few days later, I found a couple of other kids had taken my lead. They, in my estimation, had a much better selection of items, and extremely reasonable prices, relatively speaking. I got my money and spent most or all of it on... items both essential and necessary for a young man's independent emotional/intellectual and spiritual development. Today I can only recall the small box of incense cones ...about 5cents.

Upon learning of my good fortune ...The parental units, intent on depriving me of establishing my own values and judgement, took it upon theirselves to track down my purveyors... and recover my funds, in an obvious effort to teach me the value of money, Ha. Although I am certain that I was forced to spend my hard earned dough elsewhere, I am also certain that no-one ever knew or cared on what, foremost myself.:grin:

But as was often the case, their plans back-fired, as I am glad to have met the Lindens more formally. Hal seemed to take my cue, and except this behavior with a measured patience, while I and his son played Toss Across, and reviewed Twister.

81lQIwx598L._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.660a611cb33d187e2a34fc1686eadc92.jpgGUEST_fc90c84f-9412-4b57-b954-cf38f5d45bc3.jpg.7661e50ecd455d9de3bb889d36e429c4.jpg

P.S. Curiously, both of our families were in the process of packing for a move to California, and left within a month of each other.

• Like 3

More than likely, I will not be on here after this afternoon until next Monday.  Will be traveling below Atlanta for a "Fly-In" and camping with about 200 of my closest, hopefully vaccinated, friends.

I've got extra cans of diesel I will be carrying with me in the event refueling becomes an issue.

• Like 2

Notification from Jameco today:

We continue to experience additional delays with congestion in Asia and the West Coast ports. We are also experiencing other challenges in raw materials shortages, IC shortages, and significant labor increases.

These challenges are causing the cost of raw materials to rise, and suppliers are passing these costs on to us. We have held off raising prices on many products, but we want to communicate that our costs on specific products will be increasing in the next few weeks.

Please take advantage of our on-hand inventory at the current prices while supplies last!

Sincerely,
James Farrey

I've got product in my webstore that is made in Vietnam as well as Sri Lanka.  What used to be product that could be shipped in 2 to 4 weeks, is now 8 to 10 weeks.  Most of that delay is tied to Covid issues and manpower shortages.

So, one of my nurses asked me for some bran muffins... 

I made her some.

20210515_022945.jpg

We have: Normal bran muffins, apricot bran muffins, blueberry bran muffins, and cherry bran muffins.

They are muffins of ass destruction. or.. weapons of mass defecation?

Something like that.

Those are not small muffins either. those are the big ones. :)

Do you think I made too many?

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Ksarul said:

It depends on her personal rate of muffin consumption. If she eats all of those in a couple of shifts without help from the rest of the staff, true weapons of mass defecation they are. . .

I had been eating FiberOne bars for a while since my regular diet was rather lacking. When I visited family I would buy a box when I arrived and leave behind whatever I had left over (was easier and more sane than packing it for a flight.) During one visit my aunt told me about her experience with the last box I left behind. She ate four bars and "farted all day" then later that night "shit [her] brains out."

One bar is advertised as 35% of your recommended daily fiber intake.  She went from probably about that in her normal diet to 140% in the course of the few minutes it took her to consume the bars.  Her body objected.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ksarul said:

It depends on her personal rate of muffin consumption. If she eats all of those in a couple of shifts without help from the rest of the staff, true weapons of mass defecation they are. . .

Well, for some strange reason, my co-workers did not want very many... :D

The nurse that requested them, however, took home more than 2 dozen of them.

Edited by wierd_w
  • Like 1