IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

1683356461_intheyear2000...thumb.png.9ac37a7cce9314022a69a1acd9125243.png

looking-for-room-to-rent(craigslist)

I'll probably want to re-word this somewhat, before re-posting...

I'm in search for a room to rent ...or just a small space under the bed...

Im 50+ year old...

I work Monday through Friday...

I'm a computer nut so you'll be sorry...

I'm dark quiet and whimsical...

I'm staying in a van down by the river...

I do have a little orange monster he used to be a vampire and likes to pretend he is ripping my throat out...

he is fixed and had his shots...

-consider this a solicitation for services or offers

P.S. I guess I can just leave the picture as is.:grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, TheBF said:

ZACKBERRY.png.7a228bdf53d2e26ad3ae1976a4bef432.png

No lie, my son Chris was always getting called over the loudspeaker at middle school to come help fix a problem with the printer not printing, or just general windows junk problems. ? Uh .he's been using and playing with them since, uh, since he was 3, back in 2003. ?

• Like 3

Just got through writing and releasing a 17 page report based on a design of experiments study with 22 graphs and 2 tables.  Our company did not have a statistical software package for DOE analysis, so I found an add-in for Excel.  And, when it came time to process the data, the software had a bug with Excel giving me a divide by zero error.  I contacted the author and he fixed the software with comments VBA code when subtracting two numbers in cells that were identical, VBA would give a 1E-14 value instead of zero.

Anyways, time for a mental break.  I got that report off my desk, now it is up to Operations to do their thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Over in another thread [Documents  TI-99 - DOCs, Manuals, eBooks, Lost & Found] I have been scanning User Group newsletters and right now I am scanning the September 1985 issue of the Los Angeles TopIcs.

In a short entry in that newsletter, there is a mention that at their August 1985 meeting the members saw a video shot in England by their board member Bernard Falkin - including a visit with Stephen Shaw.

That was 36 years ago - and I never saw the video, ever. But I do remember Bernard visiting. He was only one of two American users to visit!

I was wondering where the video was.... and in just 24 hours I received some stills from the video- shot on 8mm videotape, transferred to NTSC VHS tape, digitised and transferred to DVD, transferred to smart phone and grabbed.... not the worlds best quality (Video8 was lower quality than VHS...), but here is a photo, which I never saw before, within 24 hours of my having it drawn to my attention, all the way from the East Coast of the USA to England in a blink of an eye.

The wonders of the modern age.  s

85blackbox by bernard.jpg

• Like 4

TeeSpring locked my account and took down my TI Home Computer Apparel store for IP violation, even though I have a license from Texas Instruments.  I already submitted the license back when I started the store, and now I have to go through a process to get reinstated.

• Sad 3