IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

Its probably just some overzealous content cop in their org, coupled with a lack of communication inside their org.

EG, person tasked with stopping people from selling merch they dont have license to sell--- bumps heads with "No, totally has a license, but we just failed to annotate that on their account in a meaningful fashion."

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wierd_w said:

Its probably just some overzealous content cop in their org, coupled with a lack of communication inside their org.

EG, person tasked with stopping people from selling merch they dont have license to sell--- bumps heads with "No, totally has a license, but we just failed to annotate that on their account in a meaningful fashion."

I found gold today, from TeeSpring's IP department:

Thank you for contacting Spring. Your account was removed for containing material suspected related to Atari which are

copyright/trademarked and not allowed on the Spring platform. Please understand that our current review standards require us to remove any listings that use unauthorized content whether featured in the design or elsewhere on the listing page.  For more information on our IP policies, please feel free to review our Terms of Service and our Understanding Intellectual Property page.
Pursuant to our Terms of Service, by launching a listing through Spring, you agree that you own the rights (or are licensed to use) to the content in your listing. Additionally, you agree to hold Spring harmless from any and all liabilities, losses, damages and expenses arising out of your violation or any alleged violation of our Acceptable Use Policy or any other part of these Terms of Service.

Related to Atari?  My TI stuff?  Really?  Prove it.  Either these guys are over-zealous or they are absolute morons.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

I found gold today, from TeeSpring's IP department:

Related to Atari?  My TI stuff?  Really?  Prove it.  Either these guys are over-zealous or they are absolute morons.

maybe you use links or refer to AtariAge and the anxious masterbrains are confusing that ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Schmitzi said:

maybe you use links or refer to AtariAge and the anxious masterbrains are confusing that ?

Holy smizmar, you just might be right.  The links included AtariAge.  I will bring that up to them for review.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2021 at 9:56 AM, OLD CS1 said:

TeeSpring locked my account and took down my TI Home Computer Apparel store for IP violation, even though I have a license from Texas Instruments.  I already submitted the license back when I started the store, and now I have to go through a process to get reinstated.

so lame

18 hours ago, wierd_w said:

Sounds like your IP Cop thinks that they are "RIGHT!", and wont budge.

Consider reaching out to the AtariAge ops, and having them contact Spring. You have to make this as nasty for the IP Cop as possible, so that he/she sees the light.

I am having to bring in people who should not be bothered with this crap.  The best part is the links provided by TeeSpring which tell you how to challenge or better explain these situations are either not active or hidden behind a login, which I can no longer do.  I have engaged my attorney over this to see what she thinks my remedies may be.  The issue with a lawsuit, if one were even permitted by their ToS, is the damages are near nill as I did not make a lot of money on the items in the first place and I never advertised.

I am going to wait until Tuesday for an answer before I work toward arbitration, maybe send them a love letter.

What really screwed me here is that I had two campaigns with the word "atariage" in them.  The first one I actually had to disable because I had made an error.  So the creation of the second one is what sealed my fate (as a repeat offender.)  That and TeeSpring does not offer a way to delete these things, only to disable or hide them.

I'm just dumping, take it for what it's worth.

I, about two months ago, from a FB meme, ad, or whatever it is, bought a laser derusting system, that should have been the size of a smallish large suitcase. This would have made jobs like derusting and painting my Avalanche to Excursion frame project much easier. I watched patiently for that two months and a couple of emails later, as it was traveling from China to me. When it finally arrived at the ppost office, the postal worker handed me a small toothpaste sized box with indeed, the tracking number on it. Puzzled, perplexed, and flamboozled, I took it home and opened it. To my surprise and dismay, I had received a cheap junk watch, and the minute hand jiggled up and down as you shook it. Well thank the good Lord, I had used PayPal, I first sent an email to the individual(s) responsible, with pictures, of the purchase at the website and of the watch, telling them this could not have been a mistake, but a intentional fraud as nobody mistakes a watch for a suitcase sized laser derusting  system. Then I opened a PayPal  claim, with the same pictures. They refunded my card immediately, (used a debit card so if this was a scam, they couldn't hit me for much, as the account is small). The people that sent the watch, 3 days later contacted me back saying please don't do anything, they would make it right. I told them  about the PayPal claim, and that I would tell everyone about the experience.  Be aware of the FB ads.

Edited by RickyDean
ai misspelling.
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, wierd_w said:

into the "Absurdly cheap" category.

This.  He only charged $35/hr for the original file recovery.  In-house labor is worth at least double-that, and then at least time and a-half on top for providing an emergency service which requires shifting around the schedules of other customers, probably working late, &c.  No shame in my game: I price myself out of customers who will generally do this kind of crap to me.

Case in point, I had a customer I inherited from a colleague about five years ago.  They were still running Server 2003 on metal because of some critical software they ran which they could not afford to upgrade (first red flag.)  I told them that if we are not going to upgrade the software, at least let me virtualize the server onto some new hardware and put it behind a firewall which would allow them to access the software but still protect the server. Nope. Cost; unnecessary; the old guy could keep the hardware alive (second red flag.)  There is a longer story, but the short is after about two weeks of various shenanigans and more red flags, I released them as a customer.  She says to me, "Well, this says a lot about who you are," and I replied, "I certainly hope it does."

Then about a year ago I get a call from a colleague. They know someone who is having to virtualize a Server 2003 installation on an emergency because the hardware is failing right before their eyes, and I am (apparently) the only guy in town who has experience and the balls to handle such a situation.  My Spidey Sense starts tingling and I ask about the customer.  It turns out to be the one I let go and the "IT guy" is some combination of their old guy and the sons of the owner.  Oh, well, in that case, yes, I can help, for $325 per hour with no estimate of time required, but with the guarantee that if the system is working I can get it done, and I would have my attorney send over the contract.

I was, of course, rejected, and I give not two shits about what happened to them.

Back to the sysadmin post, this is the kind of situation that should end up on one of those TV court shows, like "The Peoples Court" or "Judge Judy," where they hold a huge disdain for cheats who screw over people, or even just small claims for the $400 (though the bill likely should have been around $4,000.) But, I suspect he will not do that because this is family, and he seems like the kind of guy who is not about airing family laundry.

I suspect this will happen to her again. People like her tend to not learn anything and she will get hit by ransomware the same way as last time. I would have no problem telling her to find another chump.

• Like 4

Oh, and the other lesson, besides getting everything in writing, is document EVERYTHING, and in the present tense as it is being done.  I have a colleague who makes voice recordings like a doctor taking notes during surgery or an autopsy.

• Like 4

I have a few of these stories as well my favorite being the guy who hired me and my partner to install Novell Netware clients on his new windows 3.0 Network machines and then refuse to pay us for the job because we found a bug in Windows 3.0 that Microsoft refused to fix that would basically erase the network driver from memory once you've loaded windows they fixed it in 3.1 of course

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Like 5