IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

This year I started using a watch to help me track and improve my cardio health.  I have been slowly increasing the duration and intensity of the walking/fast walking (4-5mph) and when possible, some light, short bursts of jogging.  My knees aren't in the best shape (and being a bit overweight doesn't help) so I have to temper the activities with how they feel on any given day.

For the past 7-8 weeks, I've been following my watch's training suggestions instead of just doing my own thing.  I've noticed that as a result, my overall cardio ability has improved and I need to walk/run harder to raise my heart rate to the expected zone. It was kinda cool when I realized this :)

Tonight I completed a 25 minute 'rest' walk; this got me curious about Monday's activity.  I should NOT have looked!  I probably hit my max heart rate just thinking about the "suggestions" in the pictures.  This is the first time it has suggested intervals and at a higher heart rate.  Most of the suggestions have been in the range of 130bpm-150bpm.

I am finding enjoyment out of this and some day I hope to be able to jog/run for sustained periods. Anyone else out there doing cardio these days?

16B6FF18-CABD-4117-A0A4-430A3FA996B3.thumb.jpeg.b793e3a9cc7576faa03d3ea24f28556d.jpeg

I might need rest BEFORE this too!!!!

EE336E73-DBBA-45A1-9DCA-5284D8FC4A72.thumb.jpeg.b584c9509728a89533c754e93df935d1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jrhodes said:

When you leave for work and forget to feed the cats.

https://youtu.be/dN3wEdK_vxw

My feral cat army does not like to miss their daily food--8-10 of them show up every day looking for their nums. . .and it is very hard to pet all of them at the time they want me to do so, as they want their nums and cuddles at the same time.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, senior_falcon said:

Holy Toledo! That's a close one. Glad to know you're OK.

I mean, 1 more foot and my computer room would be my bedroom.  The poor old guy said I don't have any money, and my only son between me and my wife died in an oil rig fire a couple years ago and my wife struggles with heart problems, and I have blood sugar issues.

I told him he just missed that huge tree in my yard on one side and a piece of iron tractor ornament in my neighbors yard on the other side as he just barreled through the middle, actually was airborne and hit a Branch up in the tree causing the vehicle to twist, fall and roll twice.

Everyone was spared something. Crazy

• Sad 1

I believe that the facts in this case will show:

That you should have had runway lights installed and operating properly.:ponder:
That you recklessly and carelessly failed to do so.:roll:
That my client is entitled to no less than $150,000 in compensatory damages.:party:
That my client is entitled to no less than $75,000 in punitive damages.:grin:

However, a one-time settlement offer is on the table now!:D

SSS500 Scooby-Snacks.:cool:

;-)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

I was hoping to make the FAIR this year. But one of the wings on my old Learjet has cracked and is falling off.

...Can you spare a little of that safety-wire?:-D

When I used to ride dirt bikes back in Nevada, I always had vice grips clamped down on the side with safety wire wrapped around that with DuckTape wrapped around that.. and boy did that come in handy on many occasions...

• Like 2