IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

2 hours ago, jrhodes said:

Have you ever wondered why Social Media has a "It's complicated" option for Relationship Status? For shit like THIS!

Reveal hidden contents

1736810967_walnutthecrane.thumb.png.dc128668b66bf10c7d2660186d056b61.png

Looky that woodpecker... bwhahaha..

Well my ex said, why don't you just be happy...ok, we're Xd and im happy.

How dare me not have a hobby car,

hobby computer, hobby dog, hobby snack..

I wasn't made to sit on the freaking couch and watch your sorry ass Netflexs, but I'm up for a night of TI-994A or flight simulator. Or listening to my kid rock on the guitar.

IMG_20211015_175423694.jpg

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 3

Have you ever wondered why Social Media has a "It's complicated" option for Relationship Status? For shit like THIS!

Reveal hidden contents

1736810967_walnutthecrane.thumb.png.dc128668b66bf10c7d2660186d056b61.png

Lucky Chris to find such a young bird to raise a clutch with.  I wish the best and long life to the happy couple.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I had a weird Firefox problem the last days ... the reason why I was a bit slower by response.

The latest Firefox 93.0 in Linux has a problem rendering the AtariAge pages. The pages are sometimes only rendered half of their height, the rest is blank, and no buttons react. I need to stop the whole browser because other tabs stop working, too. However, it only occurs when I am logged in; as a public user, there is no issue.

Reverting to 92.0, everything is good again. Maybe it is a script that causes a deadlock in the browser.

The really ugly thing with this is that in openSUSE, the browser is updated together with the operating system, and when you start the new browser, it automatically updates your profile. When you step back, the older Firefox refuses to take your updated profile, so you cannot just revert, you have to find a backup of your profile.

Edit: Seems to be SUSE to blame ... how on Earth do they manage to mess up the browser if they are just supposed to include it in their installation base? And it's not the first time. When I take the official version from mozilla.org, everything is fine.

• Like 2

On 10/21/2021 at 9:10 AM, jrhodes said:

Speaking of Firefox, who really thought it would be a good idea to increment the version number by whole numbers?

We're on 93 now, by this time next year we'll likely be on Firefox 120.

Why can't they just do #.##.#.# versions like normal software?

It was to keep up with Google Chrome.  Chrome was incrementing version numbers by whole with every release.  Decimal releases were becoming confusing to the layman and Chrome was on version 22 while Firefox was on 8.  Chrome MUST be much better, right?

• Haha 4

"Play that funky music" is actually a racist song. Think about it, you have a Caucasian DJ forced to play for a bunch of Black party goers, under threat of death. What did you think they meant by "play that funky music till you die"? It's a death threat obviously.

Edited by jrhodes

Hmm, I'm not seeing the "forced" part...

I decided quickly, yes, I did, heh
To disco down and check out the show

how could I be so foolish, how could I
To not see I was the one behind?

"I must go back there", I got to go back
And check to see if things still the same

Ooh, but now it's so much better, it's so much better
I'm funking out in every way

But I'll never lose that feeling, no, I won't
Of how I learned my lesson that day

P.S. Lay down the the Boogie and play that funky music 'till you die! Heh heh.

;-)

Oh snap! I forgot the <sarcasm> tags in my last post! ;-)

Ha-ha... Yes, I can recall at least 1 post here, where I should have ..."smile when you say that".:)
Not that I was being insincere.:evil:

P.S. '76, I performed in a dance number, on-stage in P.S. 75's production of, The Wiz. Apparently, the audience felt that my overly-repetitive movements, had a somewhat mocking overtone...:P

I didn't even have the sense to run ...when they rushed-the-stage!:mad:

However, to my credit... I managed to get them all dancing, and led them off, as I made my exit, to: Ease-on-Down-the-Road.;-)

• Like 2

I have been upgrading some of my home-made kit for doing 3d printing with, since my old food dehydrator gave up the ghost. (apparently, Oster brand ones dont like being run 24/7, and have graphite based contactors inside the fan motor, like found in a dremel tool. I am sure this is cheap and effective, but not a good choice, IMO, for something that should stand up to thousands of hours of use.) 

I bought a replacement dehydrator that is close to the same size-- a Nesco one this time.  It certainly runs hotter, I will give it that.

I used the parts I printed for the old dehydrator, to print some parts for the new one, after making some changes to make it taller.  I found that I could use the shelves from the defunct oster dehydrator as 'adapters', since they will stack with the Nesco shelves. I put one on each end of the dehydrator enclosure cylinder I created, and it now lives with the Nesco dehydrator base and top quite nicely.  It gets real good and warm in there, which is JUST what I need to dry the living hell out of blue nylon filament. (which happens to be what the dehydrator enclosure cylinder is made of.)

I then cut a section off an old broom handle, and made some little "universal spool holder" jobbies to put on it, and installed it inside.  (nevermind my messy work area, but here's some pictures.)

The cylinder wall has some provisions on it for just this kind of "bulk filament" spool system, and has a feeding hole that is JUST the right size to poke 1.75mm filament through.

For shits and giggles, I have decided to try printing a monolithic "Tomy Tutor Keyboard retainer" using the monolithic .stl in JediMatt's Github, since my printer is big enough, and I think the smurf blue weed eater filament is about the right color. (and will be tough as nails when printed.)

20211029_094621.thumb.jpg.76bcb0d3b599191cc8a1cc7a7c2fe736.jpg20211029_094709.thumb.jpg.6fa96eb0f9b63715f6a8a5d1f057b95c.jpg

20211029_094652.thumb.jpg.74377e2d999e61523a329667be2918cc.jpg

• Like 3