Omega-TI

OT: Dumping Thread

Its probably just some overzealous content cop in their org, coupled with a lack of communication inside their org.

EG, person tasked with stopping people from selling merch they dont have license to sell--- bumps heads with "No, totally has a license, but we just failed to annotate that on their account in a meaningful fashion."

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wierd_w said:

Its probably just some overzealous content cop in their org, coupled with a lack of communication inside their org.

EG, person tasked with stopping people from selling merch they dont have license to sell--- bumps heads with "No, totally has a license, but we just failed to annotate that on their account in a meaningful fashion."

I found gold today, from TeeSpring's IP department:

Thank you for contacting Spring. Your account was removed for containing material suspected related to Atari which are

copyright/trademarked and not allowed on the Spring platform. Please understand that our current review standards require us to remove any listings that use unauthorized content whether featured in the design or elsewhere on the listing page.  For more information on our IP policies, please feel free to review our Terms of Service and our Understanding Intellectual Property page.
Pursuant to our Terms of Service, by launching a listing through Spring, you agree that you own the rights (or are licensed to use) to the content in your listing. Additionally, you agree to hold Spring harmless from any and all liabilities, losses, damages and expenses arising out of your violation or any alleged violation of our Acceptable Use Policy or any other part of these Terms of Service.

Related to Atari?  My TI stuff?  Really?  Prove it.  Either these guys are over-zealous or they are absolute morons.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

I found gold today, from TeeSpring's IP department:

Related to Atari?  My TI stuff?  Really?  Prove it.  Either these guys are over-zealous or they are absolute morons.

maybe you use links or refer to AtariAge and the anxious masterbrains are confusing that ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Schmitzi said:

maybe you use links or refer to AtariAge and the anxious masterbrains are confusing that ?

Holy smizmar, you just might be right.  The links included AtariAge.  I will bring that up to them for review.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Holy smizmar, you just might be right.  The links included AtariAge.  I will bring that up to them for review.

Hollywot ?  :grin:

On 6/10/2021 at 9:56 AM, OLD CS1 said:

TeeSpring locked my account and took down my TI Home Computer Apparel store for IP violation, even though I have a license from Texas Instruments.  I already submitted the license back when I started the store, and now I have to go through a process to get reinstated.

so lame

29 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

so lame

Yeah, and I am not at this point convinced I will be reinstated.  My last email regarding the AtariAge connection has been ignored.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sounds like your IP Cop thinks that they are "RIGHT!", and wont budge.

Consider reaching out to the AtariAge ops, and having them contact Spring. You have to make this as nasty for the IP Cop as possible, so that he/she sees the light.

15 hours ago, wierd_w said:

Sounds like your IP Cop thinks that they are "RIGHT!", and wont budge.

Consider reaching out to the AtariAge ops, and having them contact Spring. You have to make this as nasty for the IP Cop as possible, so that he/she sees the light.

I am having to bring in people who should not be bothered with this crap.  The best part is the links provided by TeeSpring which tell you how to challenge or better explain these situations are either not active or hidden behind a login, which I can no longer do.  I have engaged my attorney over this to see what she things my remedies may be.  The issue with a lawsuit, if one were even permitted by their ToS, is the damages are near nill as I did not make a lot of money on the items in the first place and I never advertised.

I am going to wait until Tuesday for an answer before I work toward arbitration, maybe send them a love letter.

What really screwed me here is that I had two campaigns with the word "atariage" in them.  The first one I actually had to disable because I had made an error.  So the creation of the second one is what sealed my fate.  That and TeeSpring does not offer a way to delete these things, only to disable or hide them.