IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

@TI-GAMER You could free up some more desk space by placing the Apple drives side by side on top of the IIe, and then the monitor on top of them. That's how I remember seeing them BITD.

..or you could give the Apple to somebody else, for me the best way :)

• Like 1

I don't have the Morningstar CP/M card, Vorticon, but I do have the other one that was commercially produced for the TI: the one from Foundation. That one solved your 40-column CP/M problem by connecting to a monochrome 80-column card in the PEB via serial connection. I only know of two or three other people with one of the cards--and none of them have the 80-column card (and I got mine by accident--I bought a PEB on eBay mostly sight unseen because I didn't recognize one of the visible cards in it and it turned out to have both the CP/M card and the 80-column card in addition to a bunch of normal TI cards).

• Like 1

Thanks oh-mega. I have to figure out that not all pics are from me. Some of this great work on hardware is from a friend here,

he is doing really great work on the TI. And funny things, too. That´s what I am also try to have with the TI: Fun

ie. he did this great coloring-work, the beige PEB. (Yes I know, most of you don´t like the beige, but I adore it, too) :)

I would also love it if he´s pink or violet or has green stripes. does not matter at all.

One project I would like to do is an real portable TI / as laptop, and a TI in a cool PC-housing, with PEB inside (saw that before)

But I think that sucks so much time, that I will first start that if I am retired (in decades :)

But looking forward. I am not so close to programming anymore, this is 30 years ago,

so I like this "hardware-jobs". also Dos-Batch-Programming gives me a lot of fun today.

shmeddy

Neat!

I agree! The item pictured below is EXACTLY the type of thing I've been envisioning for over a year now.

Inexpensive Solid State Hard Drives for the TI Masses!

Honestly, if I had the ability to do this (which I don't) the DSR would be supportive of the FIAD structure of doing things just like Classic99. In fact I think I'd like it to have a USB port on the back, so it could be hooked up to a PC for instant DRAG & DROP loading!

post-35324-0-42967100-1431616950_thumb.jpg

Attn: All of you Soldering GURU's out there...

I am still looking for an inexpensive Soldering Station. I do like the one that --- Ω --- pointed out but I am willing to spend a little more and noticed some cheap 2 in 1 units that also have the Hot Air Gun. They appear to be cheap Chinese made models but are only around $65 shipped and wanted to get your opinions.

I am looking at..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181744885570?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251846795947?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I dont expect these to last forever due to their lower quality build but are they worth it? I am looking to spend no more than $100 so any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am a novice and dont do a lot but would like to get into it a little further. The extent of my soldering is basically replacing bad caps on motherboards, doing automotive wiring such as speakers and etc. Nothing very intricate but it is something that I want to get into a little more.

Greg,

That has a lot of good reviews.

Are the ones with the Hot Air Gun worth getting and would I ever even use that feature?

I bought another unit with that from mcm (cheaper) and have yet to use the hot air other than once to do heat-shrink tubing hot air is for surfacemount