IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

I don't have the Morningstar CP/M card, Vorticon, but I do have the other one that was commercially produced for the TI: the one from Foundation. That one solved your 40-column CP/M problem by connecting to a monochrome 80-column card in the PEB via serial connection. I only know of two or three other people with one of the cards--and none of them have the 80-column card (and I got mine by accident--I bought a PEB on eBay mostly sight unseen because I didn't recognize one of the visible cards in it and it turned out to have both the CP/M card and the 80-column card in addition to a bunch of normal TI cards).

Nice! The closest I got to true CP/M on the TI was by using a P112 SBC plugged into the PEB for power only. It did not utilize any of the TI resources, but connected to the RS232 card for a serial video display using Term 80 for a pseudo-80 col experience. It worked, but it was more of a cheat than a truly TI CP/M card...

P112 1

P112 2

• Like 2

Note: the MorningStar card didn't use much other than the keyboard, IIRC. It had its own disk controller, its own RS-232, and I think it even had its own monitor output. . .the Foundation used many of the rest of the TI cards though (making it a bit more flexible).

...arrived today, for a bit playing around :) SCSI to MFM/RLL-Adapter, maybe Adaptec ACB-4070

EDIT:

Anybody knows about this red/black power-cables on the corner ?

OK. found it, it is for the LED :)

post-41141-0-40540400-1432242262_thumb.jpg

post-41141-0-35521500-1432242503_thumb.jpg

post-41141-0-00211400-1432242510_thumb.jpg

Edited by schmitzi
  • Like 3

...arrived today, for a bit playing around :) SCSI to MFM/RLL-Adapter, maybe Adaptec ACB-4070

EDIT:

Anybody knows about this red/black power-cables on the corner ?

OK. found it, it is for the LED :)

This is very interesting! Which direction does the adapter work? Does it allow you to use a SCSI drive as an MFM drive? (I hope, I hope, I hope) or is it the reverse? (bad, bad, bad).

If it is the first option, someone with an HFDC could end up with a CF card as their hard drive! (MFM to SCSI to IDE to CF)

Gazoo

No, sorry. It is SCSI to MFM/RLL, so just the other way around.

So, i.e. you can connect a ST251 to a SCSI-controller I think

And, as I have no SCSI-controller for the PEB (looking for a long long time for that),

I now have built up an old PC with P2-300 and 2 ISA-slots, and will play around a bit

with my old adaptec-controllers. Have some of them, maybe AHA1540er ? Have to look.

I also will use that PC for checking my MFM-Controllers (WD1003, 1006 ....)

and my pile of old MFM and RLL-harddisks.

schmitzi

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...