IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

We have many multicarts, with benefits and drawbacks (compatibility, menu design, speed - for example, see my loading devices comparison table here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/176545-topic-for-newbies/).

It would be nice if your cart (or another cart) could take the best aspects.

The fact Flashjazzcat (U1MB new BIOS and Ultimate Cart menu author) is willing to help is a good thing.

I think second button could be useful.

• Like 6

Hello tmp

If you decide to do a second production run, is there a chance that the cartridges will be ready before mid July? There's a big Atari meeting in 08485 Lengenfeld Germany around that time called Fujiama. Some guys from either the Czech Republic and/or Slovakia will be there too.

Here's some information about the meeting. Look for Fujiama. BTW you are welcome to join us there. Lot's of people, lot's of knowledge, lot's of fun.

Sincerely

Mathy

today i've shipped those 3 carts i offered in my original post, now i'll wait until they arrive and i get some feedback

if no issues that can't be fixed with sw upgrade are found, only then i will assemble some more and offer them

so until then i'm not promising anything to anyone ;-)

I'll start testing it as soon as it arrives. It took a few weeks for my Second POKEY chip to arrive from Slovakia hopefully this will not be as long and i can give you some feedback on the device.

Looking forward to it. ;-)

Hi Tmp, joined this late so forgive any mistakes in what it does already or not..

Are you still going down the road of adding ATR support (if possible?) and on the carts that may be ambiguous will you offer a multi choice section to try the cart like alike Altirra does?

It may even be nice but possibly impractical because of storage to have an add and remember for the choice to run an odd cart (store its crc sort of thing).

Thanks

Paul..

Edited by Mclaneinc

Are you still going down the road of adding ATR support (if possible?)

i still haven't looked into the details so i can't comment on it

i will look up the details and decide based on pros/cons

and on the carts that may be ambiguous will you offer a multi choice section to try the cart like alike Altirra does?

i was thinking about it, it surely wouldn't be so "sophisticated" as what altirra has (no heuristics) but it could be added

i still prefer converting .bin/.rom to .car, i have many .rom/.bin files i've collected for this project and it's quite painful to go through them to figure out their bankswitching type, i wish only .car files were publically available ;-)

It may even be nice but possibly impractical because of storage to have an add and remember for the choice to run an odd cart (store its crc sort of thing).

if you mean storing user choice on the card, i feel that adds unneeded complexity and issues

Edited by tmp

Yup I agree, a full set of CAR's should be out, I like you have sat down and converted what I see as I find them but I'm the worst organised HD in the world and I have carts everywhere, I REALLY must get the bins and Cars alongside in Opus and remove the dupes that have been converted..

The only niggle is some are modified carts that have had maybe gfx changes that are not reflected in the name...Make for confusing times :)

Thanks for the answer, car's are the way ahead..Thanks for the reply...

Paul

i assume flash chip behavior would have to emulated (including commands like erase, program + returning status) and my first thought is that it sounds too much work for a little gain in functionality

you can prove me wrong tho ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

current status:

cart was tested by two people (one cart is still on the way (israel)), no major issues were reported (the only one i'm aware of is a problem with some large xex files, i'm working on getting access to expanded atari to debug and fix)

i have 8 more assembled in case someone is interested, 30EUR + 5EUR shipping, i prefer one cart per person to maximize feedback base (unless less than 8 people declares interest)

carts_800.jpg

carts2_800.jpg

• Like 2