IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

Hi,

As you all probably know if you read this thread i had one of the first three carts. So i have been using it for a couple of weeks. I just wanted to clarify the situation on the XEX files that need extra RAM. I have a couple of 800XL's one has a Compy/Rambo 512K and the other has a Ultimate 1MB expansion's. So my experience is with machines that have a base 64K and not a 130XE. They both work with the AVG Cart without any problems loading Car's ( I was finally able to run the Bad Apple 1.0 Car ) or XEX's that are not over 64K. So i do not think it is a problem with my RAM expansions so hopefully when more users get these Carts it might help nail down the reason.

use SDHC card formatted as fat32

there might be some incompatibilities with some certain sd cards but i'm unable to get my hands on any that doesn't work (and i tried)

there was also a report of a non-working micro sd card which turned out to be micro to standard sd adapter issue (worked with a different one)

what's the card manufacturer and model?

use SDHC card formatted as fat32

there might be some incompatibilities with some certain sd cards but i'm unable to get my hands on any that doesn't work (and i tried)

there was also a report of a non-working micro sd card which turned out to be micro to standard sd adapter issue (worked with a different one)

what's the card manufacturer and model?

An old SanDisk 1GB card. :D

I'll try a modern card then.

for anyone that has sd card problem, make sure that it's fat32 formatted and if it still doesn't work, please post the photo of the card

i can try to improve the compatibility if there are issues but i need to be able to reproduce that locally

First impressions:

- very good and fast menu (I would add joystick support)

- all CAR tested work, including MaxFlash Cart Pac-Man 2012 (it works without saving - but please add this feature!) and big ones like Atari Blast! and Jim Slide XL but Space Harrier doesn't work

- some XEX works and some don't

- I think ATR loading isn't implemented yet because I get the message "Missing OS.XEX in SD card root"

- all OK with stock 800XL but problems on my 800XL with Ultimate 1MB (for example Adventure Creator loads but has strange sounds on title screen, in Arkanoid the ball has strange movements)