IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

it's working in 800xl/xe, 130xe

i have one report that it works in 800, none saying the opposite (you can't close the lid because it's too tall)

it won't fit 1200xl unless you use extender or remove it from shell, i have no confirmation that it works this way

works fine with u1mb, not sure about cpu upgrades (65c816) but let's consider it officially incompatible because i wouldn't be fixing that anytime soon (if it works, great, if it doesn't, oh well)

• Like 1

Put me down as interested when the time comes to order from a larger batch.

If you can do any sooner, I can test on 600/800 XL with RAM upgrades via PBI, but most of my machines are stock, or just have slight video upgrades (monitor jack in 600, svideo in the 65XE). The exception is the 800, with an Axlon RAM board.

does anyone have a collection of .atr files that are working with unocart?

i'd need some test files but i have no means to check the compatibility with unocart

Here are 215 ATRs that I have tested as working with my UNO Cart on a NTSC 800XL. If you need any other files specifically tested, send then my way and I will be happy to give them a try.

UNO ATRs.zip

• Like 3

it's working in 800xl/xe, 130xe

i have one report that it works in 800, none saying the opposite (you can't close the lid because it's too tall)

it won't fit 1200xl unless you use extender or remove it from shell, i have no confirmation that it works this way

works fine with u1mb, not sure about cpu upgrades (65c816) but let's consider it officially incompatible because i wouldn't be fixing that anytime soon (if it works, great, if it doesn't, oh well)

As long as you don't use those evil illegal opcodes, it *should* work fine.

Here are 215 ATRs that I have tested as working with my UNO Cart on a NTSC 800XL. If you need any other files specifically tested, send then my way and I will be happy to give them a try.

thanks!

i quickly went through the first 2 pages (48 files), 3 didn't work using avgcart

which isn't that bad but also isn't too great because if half of them didn't work, the chance of stumbling on a fix would be greater ;-)

there may be some issues because the os loaded is not exactly the standard atari os, it acts like an emulator os.... should be interesting to see what it is, is there an advantage to swapping the OS. If going that route I sometimes like Mr. Atari's OS as it has been massaged to try and work through just about anything...

Edited by _The Doctor__

it's been a while since i've released an update so here's at least something, beta of 0014

no major changes except for some ATR improvements and search capability

-- ATR

- OS.XEX was renamed to OSXEX so be sure to copy it from the update zip file (old one won't work since there were changes)

- ATR files are now writable (i strongly recommend having a backup of your SD card content just in case)

- you can now map multiple ATR files (using TAB) to D1:-D4: and use right cart button to cycle them

- OPTION key functionality is inverted (so BASIC is off by default)

-- search

- use / to search for files (recursively down from the current dir)

- ESC to cancel search

- BACKSPACE to return to normal file listing

this beta was not intensively tested so please report any issues

download a014

• Like 8

interesting thing, an xex that might not load with avg xex loader often will load using side loader, and when an xex doesn't like side... avg might load it.... I enjoy when leaving more time than not the avgside loader will pop back up so you can move on to your next pleasure...

working much much better with the last firmware release..... search is working nicely as well.....

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

If you find XEXs which don't load with the SIDE loader, please flag them up to me. No-one has done so yet.

Very often, issues are caused by the XEX itself overwriting parts of the loader (which usually lives somewhere in pages 4-5, 7-10, etc), or clobbering page zero values (of which only those reserved for FMS and/or PBI usage should be employed by a loader).

• Like 1

i just had to build an unbricker to send out because one cart was bricked during update yesterday (user error if i understand it right), chances of bricking should be minimal if you follow the instructions but just in case, if you have basic soldering skills (solder 5 wires to pcb), you can order these two items (should be under $4 shipped) and build one instead of buying xilinx platform cable (which is quite expensive) or shipping the cart back to me for unbricking (which is probably also not cheap especially from USA)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ESP8266-ESP-12-ESP12-WeMos-D1-Mini-Module-Wemos-D1-Mini-WiFi-Development-Board-Micro-USB/32688079351.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5PCS-1-25mm-Pitch-Male-Connector-Wire-15CM-Long-28AWG-2-3-4-5-6-7/32787305004.html(6P version)

i'll provide the instructions and what to flash to esp8266 (via usb) so it can act as unbricker (it will configure fpga so the update procedure can be ran again and flash chip reprogrammed)

unbricker.jpg

TMP: thank you for help

instruction, if the cartridge was interrupted programming

1. remove cart from the shell

2. plug unbricker into the cart

3. plug cart into atari

4. turn on atari

5. plug unbricker into usb (computer or usb charger)

6. wait until it stops blinking

7. press reset on atari

after that, avgcart menu should come up and you should be able to start the update again (unbricker will fix it just temporarily, you need to run the update again to program the flash)

post-21415-0-54550100-1533911239_thumb.jpg

post-21415-0-54465100-1533911245_thumb.jpg

post-21415-0-56775200-1533911252_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

it's been a while since i've released an update so here's at least something, beta of 0014

no major changes except for some ATR improvements and search capability

-- ATR

- OS.XEX was renamed to OSXEX so be sure to copy it from the update zip file (old one won't work since there were changes)

- ATR files are now writable (i strongly recommend having a backup of your SD card content just in case)

- you can now map multiple ATR files (using TAB) to D1:-D4: and use right cart button to cycle them

- OPTION key functionality is inverted (so BASIC is off by default)

-- search

- use / to search for files (recursively down from the current dir)

- ESC to cancel search

- BACKSPACE to return to normal file listing

this beta was not intensively tested so please report any issues

download a014

- searching: empty directory = suspension of the operation atari (exactly: cartridge suspended)

- removing the SD card from the slot = suspension of the operation atari (exactly: cartridge suspended)

- updating firmware (shift+option+U): before click start - you can not cancel

Edited by pajero_pn
  • Like 1

- searching: empty directory = suspension of the operation atari (exactly: cartridge suspended)

i've tried this, seems to work for me, you need to press backspace twice to see anything again (first to exit search results (empty), second to get from empty dir)

- removing the SD card from the slot = suspension of the operation atari (exactly: cartridge suspended)

hotswapping sd card is currently not working, i was planning to do that but since nobody complained, it was not prioritized ;-)

- updating firmware (shift+option+U): before click start - you can not cancel

i can add ESC to quit update before it started, meanwhile just don't start the update if you don't intend to update (it's hard to press those keys accidentally)

or just powercycle your atari, it's safe until you press cart button to start the process, after that, don't powercycle it even in the case that the update appears to freeze (always wait at least a minute)

• Like 4

love the fixes so far... very good

hot swap is something to do, I have loaded the sideSD X image, which btw now work with rtime8 :)

Since the cart is loaded and active pulling the SD card didn't keep it from still accessing Spartas' device dcar1: ... directory etc. but a reset does indeed need to be done for other things, when putting the SD card back in, you do have reset power cycle etc... for all other stuff. (pulled it out to quick copy some thing over, put it back in and could see it)

Hot swap might help it work with FlashAir SD cards better as well.... during some operations Flash Air timing can suspend card just enough to be trouble... this can manifest as connecting but not able to access directory for either your wireless or sd card operations... it will be one or the other... this means you may need to hold option while powering on, do your flash air stuff then perform whatever resets or power cycle to get to your avg menu and see the changes...

i've tried this, seems to work for me, you need to press backspace twice to see anything again (first to exit search results (empty), second to get from empty dir)

- searching: empty directory = suspension of the operation atari (exactly: cartridge suspended) If you start searching in the ROOT SD catalog card!