IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

Should work just fine. You can even drive the HDD with the PBI BIOS on an U1MB machine. To all intents and purposes, the SD card behaves like a CF card in a SIDE cart.

OK I got this working fairly good for my needs. I bought an SD to CF adapter that you commented about further up the thread. I put this in my Side2 cartridge and FDISK'ed it with my UM1 and put several partitions on it and the on the PC I recopied all the stuff I wanted on it like the PDM.XEX and supplied S2SDX.car and S2LOADER.car, games and some basic programs. But I can't get the basic programs to run it just goes to the READY prompt but doesn't load the basic program like the Side2 and UM1.

Oh and also the OSXEX rom. and latest 014 build is flashed.

Also basic doesn't work with the SD card CF adapter using the Side2 and UM1 setup.

Edited by rdea6

unfortunately that description is too vague for me so i can't help you with that unless you or someone else provides more details / steps to reproduce

on an unrelated note, i found some weird issue with the latest batch of carts that i do not understand yet, i need all that upgraded to a014/b014 to try bad apple cart and let it play at least once and report whether it went through or crashed

seems that test versions of 0014 uncovered some problem but i'm not sure whether it's just a latest batch or also some previous carts, it doesn't affect my test cart

it seems that i found a sw workaround but since it also affects update, do not update to/from a014/b014 for now

thanks

BadApple.zip

• Like 1

works on my remaining cart firmware B014

130XE NTSC standard (without stereo),

as such the video glitches every so often as this is not the NTSC version... It did not crash even when selecting all the various modes, letting it loop over and selecting restart etc.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What's the difference between a014 vs b014 ?

Do not know more than tmp told here (post #296):

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/278212-avgcart/page-12?do=findComment&comment=4089512

If someone knows more details, let us know ! But maybe firmware 15 is already on the horizon ?!?

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there tmp.

Just wanted to let you know that my AVGcart arrived today. Popped it into my newly developed shell (thanks to one of this communities members for loaning he his in advance of mine's arrival) so I could design a shell before mine arrived. Of course, the loaned AVGcart will be returned with a spankin new shell around his board.

Here's a picture. Now let the fun begin!

COREi64

post-45854-0-58663000-1538426106_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Hey there tmp.

Just wanted to let you know that my AVGcart arrived today. Popped it into my newly developed shell (thanks to one of this communities members for loaning he his in advance of mine's arrival) so I could design a shell before mine arrived. Of course, the loaned AVGcart will be returned with a spankin new shell around his board.

Here's a picture. Now let the fun begin!

COREi64

attachicon.gifIMG_6202.JPG

Any chance of a picture of the top of the new cart shell? (top as in the cart slot etc)

I think a picture of a device was posted by TMP with wires, can't be more than 1 - 2 pages back in this thread..

2nd link more what you want...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/278212-avgcart/page-10?do=findComment&comment=4076535

And this one

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/278212-avgcart/page-11?do=findComment&comment=4088798

Edited by Mclaneinc

Hello guys

COREi64's cartridge cases look great, but they are 3D-printed which makes the price of the case about as high as the price of the cart itself.

We can get AtariMax cartridge cases for 4 bucks a piece if we order 100 cases. They might not look as nice as COREi64's cases, but they'll do the job (if tmp is willing to redesign the PCB).

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 1

Yep, but the firmware to flash the esp8266 has or hasn't?

this is the file you need to flash onto esp8266 board - http://avgcart.tmp.sk/files/atari/avgrescue_0014.zip

on windows you can use this flasher - https://www.espressif.com/sites/default/files/tools/flash_download_tools_v3.6.4_0.rar

set file, offset, crystalfreq, flash size and pick the correct com port

avgrescue_flash_win.png

on linux you can use esptool.py, let me know if you need any assistance

• Like 2