IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

SpartaDos X with AVG plugged on top... very Interesting, IDE does work in pass thru, loaded side loader car, launched spartardos x standalon cart, was able to access avg sd drives, read and write, car, launched side loader, loaded xex with basic on, break out of basic program type DOS, back it goes back to side loader, exit side and reset sparta and still have the drives... very nice, press cart reset and type car choose another car image. slick

Load express cart, and sparta standalone, no drives, when a cart has dos shell built in or is a DOS, or has drive access as part of cart, ide emulation should stay running. Might be express carts fault, I will try with disk based dos and side driver...

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 3

progress made... It looks to be working to a degree on the SDX front, though the image doesn't have fatfs.sys or whatever on it... I will have to put it on all the partitions so that way no matter the sparta version I should be able to get the driver and then see the other stuff....

Now for the really tough part..

FLASH AIR drives have a directory and some files tha have to stay on the SD card just as they are names and all. Without these it no longer will be a wifi/remote transfer capable device, It won't relay internet connections to other devices either...

this may require some thought as many of us have and use them...

We all love our Flash Air cards and have become quite fond as well as used to them....

Since I've put a couple partitions down on standard sd cards, I will move it over to the pc and see how badly windows handles life :)

And now since I have looked up what these FlashAir's are, I also want them :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

since the AVG cart is also an IDE storage device, you really have to go through the apt set up fdisk on Atari and windows/nix also..

having apt fat 32 fat 16 set up so as to have access to all through avg or side menu, this allows spartados etc. a workable area in APT, and with fat.sys the fat 16 area is usable both on the x86win/nix machines and spartados, fat 32 is only available to x86win/nix and avg/side menus... not available to DOS on the Atari that I'm aware of.

You have to do partitioning yourself on your sd card, no way around that, as for the rest of it... sure a ready made image is easy for you to copy over..

• Like 1

For an easy start you only have to go to Homesoft

http://www.mushca.com/f/atari/index.php?idx=A

click on download all

extract files

copy files on an SD card

For (limited) ATR compatibility you have to put OS.XEX (see previous post, I am using mobile phone now) in root.

For SIDE2 emulation you have to put SIDE2.car in root to.

• 1 month later...

Tmp, just a push for a known request...Joy use of the menu, any chance of implementing that?

I only ask as the situation here is man cave that also happens to be a desk in the bedroom in real life, I've got like most retro fiends a selection of as much real hardware as possible which in my case is a 130, a c64, an Amiga 1200 and a few consoles. Now my wife is sweetness and light but I have to keep it as close as possible so she can move around. and the machines are stacked which makes getting to keyboards a little awkward (I don't play any text adventures lets just say :)

That joy to peruse the menus would be a godsend....

You could also program it to make me cheese on toast with a nice big mug of tea if possible :)

Cheers, hope you are well and the orders are still coming in :)

• Like 1

Tmp, just a push for a known request...Joy use of the menu, any chance of implementing that?

I only ask as the situation here is man cave that also happens to be a desk in the bedroom in real life, I've got like most retro fiends a selection of as much real hardware as possible which in my case is a 130, a c64, an Amiga 1200 and a few consoles. Now my wife is sweetness and light but I have to keep it as close as possible so she can move around. and the machines are stacked which makes getting to keyboards a little awkward (I don't play any text adventures lets just say :)

That joy to peruse the menus would be a godsend....

yes, joystick support is on the todo list, probably for way too long so i'll try to prioritize it but i have no estimate when i find time to implement it

I got my AVGCart... THANK YOU

I have a question:

I partitioned a 2GB SD card in two partitions. Is there any gain on making the second one work like an IDE drive? Do I need to format it again with fdisk APT?

Fdisk wants to eliminate everything and redo the MBR. I don't have U1M, just the AVGCart in an expanded 320kb 600XL.

In summary, I don't really understand why side emulation is important, and how you can use it.

I can access de side menu and run pdm player in my current state.

I guess if you use Sparta DOS is when it makes sense....?!?

It's April, so here is proof that the Atari Jaguar is neither a 64Bit system, nor a 32 Bit system, nor a 16bit system. It is just an 8Bit system, ha! The sound of the Jaguar is so weak, one can even play it back on the Atari XL/XE computers... ;-) ;-) ;-)

One requires an AVG cart or SIDE/SIDE-2 cart or a Uno cart. to do it however (and the PDM player by FJC and for AVG/UNO also the SIDE XEX-fileloader). Attached are four sound files of "Blue Lightning", recorded while playing the game (ingame sounds and sfx). And since there is hope, that one day we will have a stereo PDM player, I also attached the stereo sound files...

BlueLig1 pcm4+4 mono 44270Hz ide pal.zip

BlueLig1 pcm4+4 stereo 22135Hz ide pal.zip

BlueLig2 pcm4+4 mono 44270Hz ide pal.zip

BlueLig2 pcm4+4 stereo 22135Hz ide pal.zip

BlueLig3 pcm4+4 mono 44270Hz ide pal.zip

BlueLig3 pcm4+4 stereo 22135Hz ide pal.zip

BlueLig4 pcm4+4 mono 44270Hz ide pal.zip

BlueLig4 pcm4+4 stereo 22135Hz ide pal.zip

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Like 3