IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

• 2 weeks later...

some time ago i was working on autorun functionality for which i had to shuffle a lot of code and adjust some atari<->cart communication which caused some new subtle and sometimes bizarre bugs (mostly UI related)

hopefully i've already fixed most of them but before i release 0018, here's an extremely beta version for those brave (and bored) enough

d018

basically what i'm interested in is whether you're seeing any regression compared to 0017 (weird behavior in UI, freezes on loading files, etc)

changelog:

- Run AUTORUN.(CAR|XEX|AVF) on power-on if present in /_AVGCART/
- Added type 44 (OSS 8 KB cartridge)
- Added type 53 (Low bank 8 KB cartridge)
- Fix bank reenabling for some OSS carts
- Fix cursor position after running file from search results
- ESC exits search results instead of disabling cart

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Will have a play a little later but I have faith in your work...

Edit: Everything was working on my 130XE with the new update but suddenly Airball (US) decided to crash out after start is pressed...

I'm just testing the memory on my 130XE just incase, not used it in a while....So far Mem test is ok...Ack, no, last 6 blocks show as duff...I did wonder.......Gord, need to get the soldering iron out and source the chips.

Update, wanted to make sure it was memory so took the cart out and retested and suddenly my memory is fine, no bad blocks, put the cart back in and retested and blam, 8 (miscounted before) blocks are classed as bad (the last 8 blocks)

Tried Salt 2.04 via the cart and it said my machine was a US machine with 40K and rom failed?????

Help?

Edited by Mclaneinc

19 hours ago, tmp said:

some time ago i was working on autorun functionality for which i had to shuffle a lot of code and adjust some atari<->cart communication which caused some new subtle and sometimes bizarre bugs (mostly UI related)

hopefully i've already fixed most of them but before i release 0018, here's an extremely beta version for those brave (and bored) enough

d018

basically what i'm interested in is whether you're seeing any regression compared to 0017 (weird behavior in UI, freezes on loading files, etc)

changelog:

- Added type 44 (OSS 8 KB cartridge)
- Added type 53 (Low bank 8 KB cartridge)
- Fix bank reenabling for some OSS carts
- Fix cursor position after running file from search results
- ESC exits search results instead of disabling cart

Thank you very much for this feature!

1 hour ago, Mclaneinc said:

Will have a play a little later but I have faith in your work...

Edit: Everything was working on my 130XE with the new update but suddenly Airball (US) decided to crash out after start is pressed...

I'm just testing the memory on my 130XE just incase, not used it in a while....So far Mem test is ok...Ack, no, last 6 blocks show as duff...I did wonder.......Gord, need to get the soldering iron out and source the chips.

Update, wanted to make sure it was memory so took the cart out and retested and suddenly my memory is fine, no bad blocks, put the cart back in and retested and blam, 8 (miscounted before) blocks are classed as bad (the last 8 blocks)

Tried Salt 2.04 via the cart and it said my machine was a US machine with 40K and rom failed?????

Help?

please attach the airball car you were testing, i have one here that works but can't tell whether it's the same

as for memtest, i assume some errors are expected since on power-on there's selector rom enabled so it can't test ram under it

i'll also try salt 2.04 to see whether there's any difference between 0017 and d018

23 minutes ago, rdea6 said:

the only thing I noticed is AVG needed more reboots instead of button RESET coming back to loading screen.

so you're saying that you can't return to avg menu by pressing cart button and reset and you have to powercycle the machine?

is it happening randomly or is it happening all the time for a certain file(s)?

what machine/configuration is this?

thanks

1 hour ago, Mclaneinc said:

i have a feeling that salt 2.04 is 400/800 era sw and as such it doesn't work (detect) properly on xl/xe

anyone can confirm?

• Like 1

Sorry for the late reply (shopping with my mother in law), was a bad dump of air ball...

Thanks for the reply re the ram, I was worried sick...

Have reflashed back to 17 just a a test and will now go back to 18 and continue testing.

Paul.

Been throwing loads at it and no issues bar one version of Space Harrier would not boot and just went black screen...All other supported types I tried worked with no odd behaviour...

Edited by Mclaneinc

On 8/28/2019 at 7:26 PM, flashjazzcat said:

Here's a test version (4.74 beta) which appears to fix the initialisation bug:

fdisk.xex 22.42 kB · 18 downloads

I've also added the 4GB FAT16 size check as suggested by NuY. Please test with large physical disks (32GB, 64GB, etc) and let me know of any problems.

Slightly delayed response...

Thanks muchly for having a look at this, I finally have some time to get back to Atari stuff next week, been a busy couple of months. Should be able to report back Monday or Tuesday I reckon :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NuY said:

Should be able to report back Monday or Tuesday I reckon

Many thanks! :) I actually discovered another (this time minor and cosmetic) bug in FDISK while making the latest Incognito video, and now that that's fixed I need to rebuild all the ROM images for the firmware update I've also been working on. Good news is that the bug under discussion appears to be well and truly fixed (I had no problems initialising a 32GB card with a 16GB FAT last night).

• Like 2

On 10/24/2019 at 7:52 PM, Hellraiser said:

Has anyone who has an avg cart tried if it works ok in a 800xl with a antonia 4mb memory expansion installed?

The Side2 works in Antonia (if Antonia has current firmware).  I suspect then that the AVG cart would follow suit.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

@tmp Someone at Abbuc forum asked the readers which actual flash-cart. to buy and I suggested the AVG cart to him. One or two days later he informed me, that the AVG cart. is no longer available - is this true ?!?

not really, his cart was shipped yesterday

• Like 2

On 11/18/2019 at 9:49 PM, Jiří Vlasatý said:

Toto mi nefunguje. Zkusil jsem více typů souborů, ale po zapnutí nikdy nic. Dokonce se u typu .CAR dostávám do situace, kdy "Mounting SD cart.".

Co dělám špatně, 

tazko povedat, mozno nic, prilis malo dat

predpokladam, ze to skusas s tym beta firmwarom ku ktoremu je ten changelog a subory davas so spravnym menom do spravneho adresara (teda napr. \_AVGCART\AUTORUN.CAR)

pri .car sa ti to zasekne na tej mount hlaske a nepokracuje? skus postlacat nejake klavesy a potom reset, ze ci tam bude stale, to by mohlo pomoct s debugovanim

a este, na akom atari to skusas a ma nejake modifikacie/rozsirenia?

to the rest, did anyone try the autorun functionality in that latest beta and had success with it?