IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

• 2 weeks later...

new fw beta is available

no new features (iirc), just some general speedups

some remarks

- if you're upgrading from fw older than 0018, progress bar will overflow the screen, in that case give it 30s more and you should be fine

- this beta has a fallback mechanism, if you hold left cart button on powerup, it will "boot" into 0018 (useful in case you're having issues with sd card compatibility in the new fw)

please report any bugs and sd card compatibility regressions, thanks

d019

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Upgraded one cart. from 0017 to D019 and another cart. from 0018 to D019 without problems. Looking good so far, loaded several AVF videos, PDM soundfiles, CAR files and XEX files and they all loaded fine (including SIDE XEX loader and PDM player).

Have not tried SDXSIDE loader though, since I never use SDX; also didn't try the search function, since my files are well organized in folders...

nope, unfortunately there's no manual and the first post is probably the best source of info at this moment

but feel free to ask if there's anything unclear, i might write a faq one day if there's enough questions

4 hours ago, tmp said:

nope, unfortunately there's no manual and the first post is probably the best source of info at this moment

but feel free to ask if there's anything unclear, i might write a faq one day if there's enough questions

4 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Here is an old info text that I wrote many moons ago (when firmware 0015 or 0016 was available).

Maybe someone finds the time to update this text and/or write a full manual...

AVG_INFO.TXT 7.2 kB · 7 downloads

Thanks guys, I'm in the process of relearning how my various SD carts work.

On 3/25/2020 at 3:11 PM, tmp said:

- if you're upgrading from fw older than 0018, progress bar will overflow the screen, in that case give it 30s more and you should be fine

Was slightly alarmed when I walked away after kicking off the update. Came back and saw the asterisks (*) overflow the screen, then came back here and re-read.

All is good! ;-) 

• 4 weeks later...

This particular off shoot could make running protected and not yet cracked or not yet de protected software run like a dream. Nice to see things discussed becoming real!

I wouldn't give up on the pbi side of things at the same time though, I mean, black box, myide, and others carry image slots that allow a very large degree of title to run at hard drive speeds, and the black box's parallel floppy board kicks the parallel speed floppy compatibility to the extreme.

Nice addition to the tool box!

2 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

I own that C64 solution you mention and now to see an Atari type version just tells me one thing....Start saving up or hope the board in my AVG can be easily modded...

Hmm... what's that connection of the side of the PCB just under the SD slot in the picture on page 1?

avgcart1.jpg

263569236_Screenshot2020-04-25at15_20_04.png.a216dec68e0a1c1671ffa843ce0b3af9.png

• Like 1

Okay,

we have some connections left on the pcb - on the pcb-side with the SD-card slot:

- 6 connection-holes under the SD-card slot on the left

- 9 connection-holes (diagonally) on the bottom right corner

- 2 connection-holes on the bottom left (on top of the white field)

- a white plug connector right under the two buttons...

What are all these connections for ? Looks like I have to dremel one or more holes into the housing...