IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

i don't think it's here, probably stuck somewhere else, maybe austria (i think majority of airmail from here goes through there), unfortunately there's never a tracking info after it leaves slovakia and before it's scanned in the destination country (and i've also seen royal mail not scanning stuff at all a few times, basically downgrading it to unregistered and untracked although they always delivered so far)

Even though mail is less used in business for message delivery you would think in these times that they would try and keep this simple channel open just to aid both people and business. Our post service here where I am are still firing on all cylinders, I just had mail about 20 mins ago at the usual time. I don't expect zero disruption but a suspension of service seems strange.

I'm sure it will turn up some time, and obviously I do not hold you responsible. I knew the risk when I ordered.
I have checked the royal snail site and that just give the same info.
Royal snail are being really slow at the moment, it took 2 weeks for them to deliver a birthday card to my friend 50 miles away 

3 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Even though mail is less used in business for message delivery you would think in these times that they would try and keep this simple channel open just to aid both people and business. Our post service here where I am are still firing on all cylinders, I just had mail about 20 mins ago at the usual time. I don't expect zero disruption but a suspension of service seems strange.

if there are no flights in or out of a country then there is no way to deliver, and as there are less flights even to countries that are open then there will be delays 

14 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Here the mail, which I have until recently been quite proud of, turned off all business mail for several weeks.  The states and municipalities had closed for business and made being open illegal, so the mail service enforced that by refusing to deliver.  I have had to visit the disease vector ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^ post office numerous times in the time intervening to retrieve our business mail.  Residential mail has remained uninterrupted and timely.

Best,

Jeff

Maybe I'm being harsh but the way I look at it is people in these situations no matter what they are look for some form of normality to keep their head focused on it not being out of control around them, be it a post office delivery person out on the road to Pizza's being delivered, if people stop seeing these people we start to worry more. It just makes me wonder why after all the pandemics the world has seen spreading across other countries why we still have no central system to kick in to cope with certain important area's. The second we simply shut down supply routes with no backup then serious issues start mounting. Stopping people spreading is important but supply shipments can be put through the mist machines (that's a simple term for them). Stopping all flights of people makes sense but kick in a plan to keep supply running, it can be done but we simply don't seem to have a global strategy, sure some countries are less able but there's enough military might to keep services going. 

All this for an AVG cart, probably not but keeping a flow would be nice :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NISMOPC said:

I'm still patiently waiting for my cables from China - Bought April 26 on ebay.

Last tracking info:

April 30th - Planned air transportation, flight number CZ327, departure time 21:00
Guangzhou, Guangdong

I ordered the same day and mine arrived 2 days ago, so yours should be any day now...

17 minutes ago, manterola said:

Are you still offering yours? how much should be to mail one in an envelop to Wash, DC area?

Yep, shouldn't be more than $2 in a letter envelope with extra postage with the weight.

Send me your address...

Edit, same for you -DOC-

Edited by AtariGeezer

Hello guys

I work for a company that delivers packages for Royal Mail in our region.  Sometimes packages aren't delivered for weeks after they arrive at our company.  A) because we only get € 1,50 per package, meaning they have zero priority, B) if you're not at home when we arrive at your door and your neighbors are not willing or able to accept the package for you, you don't get a notice that we have a package for you and you also don't get a number you can call (not my choice, not the choice of my colleagues), C) because management doesn't have a clue when it comes to planning (not just my opinion, but widely shared within the company).

BTW most English people have no clue how to pack something.  We see books wrapped in nothing but a sheet of plastic we in NL use for garbage bags.  And that's just one example of what we see.

If you want something to be sent internationally, use an international company like DHL, FedEx, etc.  They handle your package from sender to addressee.  All others (former national postage companies that have gone privat) have contracts with small subcarriers that are chosen by price only.  Plus "one carrier" means "one track and trace system".

Sincerely

Mathy

10 hours ago, Mathy said:

If you want something to be sent internationally, use an international company like DHL, FedEx, etc.

the only issue is that it usually costs more than the actual product which is not that great

• Like 1

I'm probably having a senior moment so don't shout at me :)

Trying to workout how to run a Translator that then reruns the cart. I've got stuff on the cart that is OSA or B but its a 65XE. Translators disks seem to do a warm reset to boot any disk but I want the AVG to re-run.

Senior moment?

EDIT: Think I've sussed one easy way, make sure the game is on an ATR and use tab to select the Translator and then the other disk you want to run, run the tRanslator and then press the right button to cycle to the next disk you selected and then hit select...In my head that seems to work...Now to try it...

Small problem if both files are not in the same directory, the multi tagging only works per directory...Not a big issue but wasn't expecting that :)

Edit: Yes that works if you put them in the same dir and swap over

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

Aha, the mod makes it possible...Excellent...This mod is getting better and better by the minute!

Cheers tmp, the tab thing isn't a problem, its not exactly hard to drop a copy of a translator in to any separate directories..Some people like me have directories for different genre's rather than one big ATR / ATX dir..

Apart from that, the bigger the dir the longer the navigation time.

I don't know if its just my machine but when I run the cart from cold the cursor always goes to the bottom now, thought it might be the joystick but no and I've got zero stuck keys, one you use either cursor keys or joystick the cursor stays where you leave it, its just from cold....

Edited by Mclaneinc

I doubt it Mark, I think most have been patched but to test the cart SIO out I just dumped directories on it just to throw stuff at it, I'll look through my collection properly for any OSA / B titles to replace with patched stuff.

Can't imagine there's any bit not patched these days?

Mine's now up and running with the SIO firmware.

A little different to others, I'm really pleased with the result.

3.5mm 4 pole jack socket in the corner, with the tabs bent down to fit,  corner of pcb cut away, with an area filed for the cable.  If I do this again. I'll just take the entire corner out, much less filing to fit afterwards.

Filed lip on the other cart shell, where the cable goes.

Final pic, Gridrunner loaded from "tape".

Beta firmware does odd stuff when HSIO is enabled on U1MB as tmp and myself found out today.  

P1040119.thumb.JPG.fca9f7e33d1302d559f2bfe65c8e9196.JPG

P1040121.JPG

P1040122.JPG

P1040123.JPG

P1040124.JPG

P1040125.JPG

P1040127.JPG

• Like 3

I don't know if it will be an issue with your setup, but there is a possibility that inserting/removing the plug may short adjacent contacts.

Back in the 80's, I rigged up a remote plug in the top of the A-pillar trim for my radar detector so that I wouldn't have to have the cord hanging down to the cigarette lighter, and it would be easy to remove the detector so that it wouldn't be a theft target.  My first attempt had a short wire going from the detector to the A-pillar with an 1/8" phono plug on the end, with the jack in the top of the A-pillar trim.  Every time I plugged it in, I blew the fuse.  After going through several fuses, and checking my work, I realized that the plug tip was shorting between the two contacts on the jack.  Argh!

I ended up going with an RCA plug on the end of the wire to the detector with a little RCA jack sticking out near the top of the A-trim.  That worked great for years.  The RCA jack was still in place when I sold the car.

• Like 1