IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

18 hours ago, mimo said:

I have done the SIO mod to the cart and didn't break it :D
I must say that this cart is the pick of the crop for me, thanks so much to Tmp for designing and making these things

Well done that man...Glad to hear you are enjoying your mod..

• Like 1

I looked but didn't see an answer as to whether with this mod you can WRITE FILES TO an ATR already on the cartridge, or can only write a whole ATR?  But I presume that you can READ (copy files etc.) FROM an ATR on the cart. (?)

it can both read and write from/to atr, it's basically same thing as any other sio2* device

it's also possible to do that without the mod, just the compatibility is limited because the software in use can't disable/overwrite patched OS that is being softloaded into RAM under ROM (or use custom sio routines)

• Like 2

Lol....Many of mine went to folk around the UK, decent sized lead on yours, mine were ideal for an XE but for anything else you needed to bodge..

Also my daughters long thought lost package turned up from Aliexpress today.

Happy soldering..

• Like 3

You time will come :)

The shipping times especially from China have been bizarre, my stuff turned up in side 2 weeks yet others on the same order day are still waiting. Had a long wait from Poland with the badge and now awaiting the SIO splitter also from Poland.

Still, its not like I'm doing much....

Hello guys

I haven't ordered much from China (and hope to keep it that way), but when I did, I got a track and trace code.  Which showed me that it toke ages before the package left China, but once it left China, it didn't take very long to get here.  And while I was waiting, I found a webshop in Germany that had the same stuff for about the same price...

Sincerely

Mathy

PS my impression was that the webshop ordered their inventory from China. (Ardueno stuff)

On 5/22/2020 at 9:42 AM, Mathy said:

If you want something to be sent internationally, use an international company like DHL, FedEx, etc.  They handle your package from sender to addressee.

Not necessarily, I ordered a part from the US that was shipped via DHL but turned over to Canada Post after it crossed the border.

34 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

PM me your address lastic...I'll get it sorted probably in the morn..Just so you know, mine are the shorter cables, great for XE but need extending for other models.

PM sent, perfect, I only own XE's .

My thanks upfront

Edited by Lastic

7 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

Great community spirit going with this connector shortage..

I've still got a couple left if needed..

Totally agree! I got mine from the community (and the firmware update is also from the "community")... And the result it is just amazing,  I mean, looking an old 600XL with the AVGCart loading and old game in cassette, is great. 

Edited by manterola
  • Like 2

OK first one made, not tested yet, @tmp will be getting a PM in a moment.

This weekend I'll be making up the remaining 9, I'm happy to mail out 8 of them to whoever wants one. One per person unless I have some left over. PM me if you'd like one, first come first served.

@tmp is right the case is really soft, I did my mod with just an xacto knife, no need for dremels or any other tools.

IMG_3551.thumb.jpeg.0f98eff5f82571b9706290cb4db10d42.jpegIMG_3553.thumb.jpeg.6e4e9ceb39af9491a9e4918ea977a8c8.jpegIMG_3554.thumb.jpeg.287fd2d53f4f5451a3f72c0a066fc29e.jpeg

• Like 5