IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

if you're on windows, you can use contig.exe to verify that avf file is not fragmented ("contig -a file" should tell you it has 1 chain)

i don't own any cards that do not work (even old crappy non-brand 2gb cards work for me) but i can't rule out that incompatible ones exist, what card is it?

21 hours ago, tmp said:

if you're on windows, you can use contig.exe to verify that avf file is not fragmented ("contig -a file" should tell you it has 1 chain)

i don't own any cards that do not work (even old crappy non-brand 2gb cards work for me) but i can't rule out that incompatible ones exist, what card is it?

I check contig:

image.thumb.png.dbf165120b473402cb2039a042a48497.png

So I suppose it's my SD card problem, it's some old 1GB card (no name), I used it with sio2sd for ages. I bought new kingston 32gb card, so I will check when it will arrived.

i would like to ask if is possible to add function play next avf automatically to AVFPlayer for AVG cart?

idea: after 1st movie ends player automacically move to the next AVF via press arrow down and than itself hit return :)

So I mean, that player finish avf play, ends itself, tham arrow down, return and plaaay :) I dont know if it is possible or not, but could be nice feature and it is not necessarry to merge AVF files to one long.

• Thanks 1

In case anyone was curious as to current shipping times to the US for and AVGCART, @tmp sent mine on 17 Aug, and I received it on 27 Aug.

10 days isn't bad considering the state of international shipping these days.

Thanks, tmp!  This device is really great.

7 hours ago, AeroDD said:

In case anyone was curious as to current shipping times to the US for and AVGCART, @tmp sent mine on 17 Aug, and I received it on 27 Aug.

10 days isn't bad considering the state of international shipping these days.

Thanks, tmp!  This device is really great.

How was it shipped -- postal system?  Are postal shipments to the U.S. being made again?

48 minutes ago, Larry said:

How was it shipped -- postal system?  Are postal shipments to the U.S. being made again?

That's what I'd love to know - I sent a package to Michigan (from the UK) three weeks ago and it's still not arrived but no-one at my local post office never told me postal shipments weren't being made to the US.

I sent a package to Switzerland on 7/12 and it still hasn't arrived, :(

Stuff has gone to and from Germany since then, it's all so hit and miss right now.

Lots of info about what is going on with each country here

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm

On 8/29/2020 at 7:42 PM, lopezpb said:

So I suppose it's my SD card problem, it's some old 1GB card (no name), I used it with sio2sd for ages. I bought new kingston 32gb card, so I will check when it will arrived.

The new card arived and all works fine :)

This is a really great cartridge!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just received mine!  Is there a PDF of Mr Robot's terrific De Re AVGCART? (His HTML version is extraordinary, but I'm old-school with hard copy docs.)

There you go..

Done with this site..And webscrapbook plugin for Chrome.

https://html2pdf.com/

De re AVG.pdf

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

you need a firmware update if you want the cart to indicate position during atr/atx cycling by blinking

the rest is not avgcart specific, it's just transistor(s) switching led(s) based on state of DATAIN (and optionally DATAOUT) signal(s)

i used something like this

sioled.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tmp said:

you need a firmware update if you want the cart to indicate position during atr/atx cycling by blinking

the rest is not avgcart specific, it's just transistor(s) switching led(s) based on state of DATAIN (and optionally DATAOUT) signal(s)

Great mod!

1 hour ago, Atari_bbs_fan said:

Tmp, is there a specific reason why you used a FET (less common) and not a more common NPN transistor? 

i believe fets are being commonly used these days as switches but if you can do that more easier with bjt (without loading the driving signal too much), great, please share the circuit (i'm no electronics expert so i tend to choose the easier path that gives me lower chance to mess up something)

also a question to anyone who uses avgcart with 800 (or 400), does it work without cart port modification (phi2 "fix")? i don't own one and i don't remember anyone complaining about it so i never realized i wasn't sure about the compatibility, thanks

This is probably a silly question but I am trying to be sure that my AVG2SIO cable is working correctly, am I right in thinking that atx files would not load if the cable is not working correctly?
Can someone point me to any .atr images that will not load without the cable?

Ta