IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

The notion you can't close the lid just befuddles me, what do people want, trailing wires with switches on?

Of course you can't close the lid, deal with it...The AVG offers the user and the computer lots of wonderful resources, not closing the lid vs the bonuses the cart offers...Worth every penny..

• Like 1

in the old ATARI 800 if you do not close the LID you cant switch the ATARI ON, you can mod and disable that to allow leaving the LID open when you insert a cart.

since AVG option to connect also to the SIO port, the discussion for leaving the LID open or closed is not relevant, 

42 minutes ago, lopezpb said:

I need help to bring the AVG cart back to life, there was a power outage during the update to ver. 20 and unfortunately the cart does not get up :(

It's possible to flash AVG with Rpi or I need to buy ESP8266?

i'm sure it could be done, it just needs a research to find some tool that could be used and figure out how to wire it (you still need a jst cable or solder cables directly to connector pins)

there's at least one guy in poland that has an unbricker, i just need to recall who it is, that could be also a way

EDIT: it was @pajero_pn

Edited by tmp

1 minute ago, lopezpb said:

Thanks, I will buy this programmer, it will be cheaper than paying for shipping.
Should I flash version 14 that you have posted for unblocking or can I immediately upload version 20?

unbricker will just configure fpga and you will need to run update (ctrl-shift-u) again to program the flash chip so 0014 is fine for that, the version on the card matters

I can’t believe this has been available for so long and I’ve never noticed it, I actually only stumbled onto it - via its website, when I was browsing around for information on the SIDE2. Clearly I need to spend less time working and more time on the forums :D

Needless to say, I’m now super excited - I’m probably looking forward to getting one of these even more than I am about getting the PS5 at Christmas..... My mum & dad always manage to spoil the surprise, they get over excited when it comes to present buying.

....... Yes, I’m 45 and I still get spoiled. So does my wife, by them and me, a notion she’s unaccustomed to. Her family don’t do ridiculously expensive presents. I got a slap around the head last week because (among other things) I spent £200 on a waterproof jacket for her. It’s a good jacket though :D

But I digress, that’s what happens when pain has kept you awake all night and your morphine is starting to kick in, giving you terrible diarrhoea of the keyboard.

BOT.. I think I’ll get way more use out of this cart than the S-Drive Max I built for myself. I could be wrong, but I just can’t resist the feature set of this stunning piece of work.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 9:01 AM, Stwert said:

BOT.. I think I’ll get way more use out of this cart than the S-Drive Max I built for myself. I could be wrong, but I just can’t resist the feature set of this stunning piece of work.

I use my AVG cart more than my sdrive-max .

As good a the max is, I never liked it as much as my sdrive_nuxx (that I should never had sold) or my sdrive_micro that now lives tethered to my 400

• Like 1

On 10/18/2020 at 7:38 PM, tmp said:

unbricker will just configure fpga and you will need to run update (ctrl-shift-u) again to program the flash chip so 0014 is fine for that, the version on the card matters

image.thumb.png.8723ccaeced84652a8307a2ae74aee37.png

I received the programmer and set it according to the instructions. I give START and programming finishes but after connecting to computer cartridge still won't get up  :(

6 hours ago, mimo said:

I use my AVG cart more than my sdrive-max .

As good a the max is, I never liked it as much as my sdrive_nuxx (that I should never had sold) or my sdrive_micro that now lives tethered to my 400

There’s certainly been no shortage of devices over the past few years, some better than others. Definitely some of the older ones I wish I had. Though I suppose, being open-source, it’s technically possible to resurrect some of them.

3 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

@tmp was OK on Discord a couple of days ago

traitors everywhere you look! ;-)

yes, i'm a bit behind on answering non-support related messages, mails and whatnot, i'll try to catch up during the weekend, sorry about that

• Haha 1