IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

Sounds like the cable isn't getting picked up at all..

PS, there's an easy way to tell if the cable is being seen, put some cas and ATX files on the cart. If the cable is not being seen it won't show those file types on the cart..(if memory serves me right, tmp as always will correct me if I'm wrong) :)

Edited by Mclaneinc

I'm not sure if Mario was try to point out to the other guy he might want to get a new cable from somewhere, obviously if its for Mario then no issue..

Just us lot in poor old blighty :)

I'd have helped but I passed on all my spare parts to people on the forum..

Edited by Mclaneinc

Thanks for pointing me to the shop.?

I need the cable for my own cart. But unfortunately, I just have checked my cart and realized, there's no connector on my pcb for such a SIO cable.?

Could someone help or instruct me to solder the cable directly to the pins on the pcb?  I need to know, which colour I have to solder to the pins from 1 to 6 at the pcb from top to bottom. Or someone could point me to the right connector so I could buy it and try to solder it on my pcb. 

IMG_20210202_162608.thumb.jpg.74ff8acbc1e20e7504e7610136786699.jpg

17 minutes ago, MARIO130XE said:

Thanks for pointing me to the shop.?

I need the cable for my own cart. But unfortunately, I just have checked my cart and realized, there's no connector on my pcb for such a SIO cable.?

Could someone help or instruct me to solder the cable directly to the pins on the pcb?  I need to know, which colour I have to solder to the pins from 1 to 6 at the pcb from top to bottom. Or someone could point me to the right connector so I could buy it and try to solder it on my pcb. 

Mario, I went through my spares drawer and just in the corner were 2 of the connectors you need, you are more than welcome to one , If you PM your address I'll get it in the post..

Best to have the connector as its neat and unplugable..

If anyone needs the last one then please pm me..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Mario, I went through my spares drawer and just in the corner were 2 of the connectors you need, you are more than welcome to one , If you PM your address I'll get it in the post..

Best to have the connector as its neat and unplugable..

If anyone needs the last one then please pm me..

That's really really awsome of you. Billion thanks.

But tmp just told me via pm, he will send a connector, together with the cable.

Big, big thanks anyway, for all your help, Mclaneinc, lewiS and tmp. ?

Greetings Mario

My pleasure Mario, and you will get it quicker :)

That leaves the offer open to any one who needs one, ends up I have 3...Just the connector, also found one cable for the connector but its only 15cm I'm afraid..And free of charge as usual..No SIO plugs..

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2020 at 11:10 AM, tmp said:

On 11/30/2020 at 2:36 PM, tmp said:

frankly i haven't touched it since i made that video, i'd like to get back to it sometime in december and release some beta

BUMP

6 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

BUMP

?

3 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

@tmp: What kind of hardware is your new Avatar?

it's a prototype PBI device, currently it does only OS switching and ram expansion (1088kB PORTB and/or 4MB AXLON), still trying to decide what features i will include (and how it will be powered on 800xl, thank you Atari for that)

3 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

And errrm, when will the new/latest firmware 0.21 (or 0.22) be released to the public ?

(No complaint, just hoping for an easter egg / easter gift.)

unfortunately no firmware will rise this easter

6 hours ago, tmp said:

?

it's a prototype PBI device, currently it does only OS switching and ram expansion (1088kB PORTB and/or 4MB AXLON), still trying to decide what features i will include (and how it will be powered on 800xl, thank you Atari for that)

Aha, I wondered what that device was in another thread..Nice..

7 hours ago, tmp said:

?

Hmmm, depending on how much power this device consumes, you may add power to PBI pin 47 or 48 and then power this device internally or simply use an external power supply.

Open for adding features? AA users will surely give you dozens of ideas what could be added. I would like to see some kind of AIO device, meaning a PBI device that is more than just one upgrade (IDE-upgrade/interface, XRAM-upgrade, sound-upgrade/sound-add-on, gfx-upgrade, OS-upgrade/switcher, etc. all-in-one).

16 hours ago, tmp said:

(and how it will be powered on 800xl, thank you Atari for that)

Oh WHAT? PBI wire mod whaaat? Man, I was *just* in my 800XL yesterday. Damn my eyes for deciding to keep the shield.. ? I should put all the recommended PCB mods for each model in one place.

Hello tmp

18 hours ago, tmp said:

... and ram expansion (1088kB PORTB and/or 4MB AXLON), ...

Would that be user selectable or do you decide which one it is going to be?

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy

17 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Hmmm, depending on how much power this device consumes, you may add power to PBI pin 47 or 48 and then power this device internally or simply use an external power supply.

i'm aware of the options (there aren't many), i just don't like them ;-)

17 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Open for adding features? AA users will surely give you dozens of ideas what could be added. I would like to see some kind of AIO device, meaning a PBI device that is more than just one upgrade (IDE-upgrade/interface, XRAM-upgrade, sound-upgrade/sound-add-on, gfx-upgrade, OS-upgrade/switcher, etc. all-in-one).

i'm open to any ideas, of course i will cherry-pick those i like ;-)

5 hours ago, Mathy said:

Would that be user selectable or do you decide which one it is going to be?

there's enough ram to have both enabled at the same time (although i doubt there's any sw that can use both at the same time (ok, sysinfo can detect them both but that doesn't count)) so user configurable

• Like 2